Name a series you are embarrassed to admit that you liked!

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
G.L.O.W

Wishbone - I was in early high school when I watched it

Hudson & Rex - Not a legitimate fan of it, but an easy watch. Plus, a couple episodes featured Al Sepienza (Mikey Palmice from The Sopranos) so that was cool to see.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I’m currently binging Pretty Little Liars on Netflix, and I’m hooked. Sounds like a girly chick flick aimed at teens based on the name, so my buddy had a good laugh when I told him that I’m watching it as a grown man in his 30’s. I told him he’d get probably hooked if he watched it too. It’s good shit lol.

Nolan Bombgardener

Dec 23, 2005
Oh snap this is a good one: when I was in 4th-5th grade, I would come home after school and watch Matlock every week day. I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Don’t old people typically watch Matlock? What did you like about it?

Everyone watched Matlock in the late 80s and early 90s. It was the new Perry Mason. Everyone underestimated Matlock because he looked, talked and did things at a slow pace like your grandfather, but he always exposed the criminal at the end of the episode. He did that an incredible 195 times. How can you not appreciate results like that?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Everyone watched Matlock in the late 80s and early 90s. It was the new Perry Mason. Everyone underestimated Matlock because he looked, talked and did things at a slow pace like your grandfather, but he always exposed the criminal at the end of the episode. He did that an incredible 195 times. How can you not like those results?

Don’t know I never watched it. I just thought it was a show that was typically watched by older people.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Don’t know I never watched it. I just thought it was a show that was typically watched by older people.

It was a favorite of older people (like Jeopardy), and jokes have been made about that (ex. The Simpsons), but you didn't need to be old to enjoy it (like Jeopardy). You just had to appreciate more cerebral entertainment. Obviously, the above poster was a smart, thoughtful kid if he was watching Matlock after school while all of his friends were watching cartoons ;).

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It was a favorite of older people (like Jeopardy), and jokes have been made about that (ex. The Simpsons), but you didn't need to be old to enjoy it (like Jeopardy). You just had to appreciate more cerebral entertainment. Obviously, the above poster was a smart, thoughtful kid if he was watching Matlock after school while all of his friends were watching cartoons ;).

I was too busy watching saved by the bell after school.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I was too busy watching saved by the bell after school.

So was I. I also watched a lot of cartoons after school. I watched Matlock with the family in the evenings during its regular time slot.

Last edited:

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
My college roommates and I used to gather together every Monday night to watch Laguna Beach. We were divided into two camps (Kristen and LC) and would always debate about that.

Flavor of Love (Season 1) was another one we watched every week, good times.

Reactions: barriers

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I watched a bunch of more “girly” shows since I grew up with 2 little sisters. The only one that I watched pretty much just on my own would be Hannah Montana which is pretty embarrassing but I found out other guys I hanged out with watched it too so I don’t feel as bad lol.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
As a kid I liked Full House, Saved By The Bell, and Step By Step. Boy Meets World a little bit too. Can’t say I’ve watched those shows as an adult though.
That's what happens when you only have 10 channels to choose from

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad