Name a series you are embarrassed to admit that you liked!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
As a kid I liked Full House, Saved By The Bell, and Step By Step. Boy Meets World a little bit too. Can’t say I’ve watched those shows as an adult though.

In my childhood, I think it was hard to find someone not watching saved by the bell.

The rest of the shows you mentioned basically sounds like tgif lineup, and I watched those as well growing up. Other shows from tgif I watched were family matters, and perfect strangers.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
In my childhood, I think it was hard to find someone not watching saved by the bell.

The rest of the shows you mentioned basically sounds like tgif lineup, and I watched those as well growing up. Other shows from tgif I watched were family matters, and perfect strangers.

Perfect Strangers was a good one.

“Cousin Larry.”

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Honestly, I don't think I'm "embarrassed" about liking anything. My tastes are my tastes and I'm confident in them. But going with the implication here of shows that other people might find it embarrassing for someone to like ...

I suppose I'll go with Sex in the City, which I genuinely enjoyed, but I'm also assuming doesn't rank real high among this very male-centric crowd.

I'm a total Miranda FWIW.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Felicity.

Until she cut her hair.

I've always found Keri Russel to be super attractive. This show was on back when I was in high school.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Laguna Beach
The Hills
General Hospital (not a series, but a serial)
The Bold And The Beautiful (see above)

I got hooked on GH when I was 13. Robert Scorpio, Sean Donely, Anna Devane, Frisco Jones. It was all secret agent stuff and nothing like soap operas generally had before. I remember taping the week's episodes and then sitting down Sunday afternoon and watching five straight. Binge watching before it even had a name.

My Best-Carey

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
There must be some guys posting in this thread who view themselves as almost pure macho, with some of the series they've mentioned that they'd be embarrassed to admit that they liked.

Personally, I'm not "embarrassed" by what I like, and I'll admit that I've often watched "Project Runway" with my wife, and I think it's interesting, though I have no real interest to watch it without my wife.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Not really ashamed of it, but I'm a massive Judge Judy fan. I watch her show on Youtube every single day, usually I'll throw it on in the background while I'm tidying up the house, making food, playing video games, etc.

Ja'Mie Private School Girl... such a stupid irreverent HBO show that my fiancée basically begged me to watch with her. It's actually pretty clever and well-done. Describing the show to someone actually caused me some level of embarrassment when you see the look on their face lol.

I also used to really love watching the show America's Next Top Model with my mother.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
There must be some guys posting in this thread who view themselves as almost pure macho, with some of the series they've mentioned that they'd be embarrassed to admit that they liked.

Personally, I'm not "embarrassed" by what I like, and I'll admit that I've often watched "Project Runway" with my wife, and I think it's interesting, though I have no real interest to watch it without my wife.
What i hate about Runway is the cry quota this show and a few others seem to have. If half the cast doesn't cry its a bad episode. Realty shows have a general rules,the further you stray away from Blur collar work the higher the cry quota. Forged in fire,not one tear has been shed on that show plus they are very sportsmanship like.The chef shows seem to be in the middle where one or two people might cry.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Kenny vs Spenny

There's something oddly satisfying about watching two immature middle-aged men bicker like an old married couple.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Laguna Beach
The Hills
General Hospital (not a series, but a serial)
The Bold And The Beautiful (see above)

I got hooked on GH when I was 13. Robert Scorpio, Sean Donely, Anna Devane, Frisco Jones. It was all secret agent stuff and nothing like soap operas generally had before. I remember taping the week's episodes and then sitting down Sunday afternoon and watching five straight. Binge watching before it even had a name.

My Best-Carey

Remember the Aids story-line in General Hospital.

Very depressing.

Reactions: frisco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad