OT: Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Yes...that's all I been listening too since last week.

I'm new to French rap though...love this album.

You?

If you have any suggestions for me to check out, please do so.

It's not bad, but Or Noir 1 and 2 were so much better... They are more dark, it's the real trap.

If you liked this one, the other two are different maybe you won't like them.

Do you understand french ? Or you only like the vibe of the song ?

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's not bad, but Or Noir 1 and 2 were so much better... They are more dark, it's the real trap.

If you liked this one, the other two are different maybe you won't like them.

Do you understand french ? Or you only like the vibe of the song ?
I'm hit and miss on trap though, I've been meaning to check out Or 1 & 2, I'll get around to it for sure.

Like my favorite songs on this album are the non-trap'ish songs, so maybe it's just a preference to style for me.

Although sometimes I like the dark stuff, depends on my mood.

And yes, I'm actually francoohone, so I understand everything.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I'm hit and miss on trap though, I've been meaning to check out Or 1 & 2, I'll get around to it for sure.

Like my favorite songs on this album are the non-trap'ish songs, so maybe it's just a preference to style for me.

Although sometimes I like the dark stuff, depends on my mood.

And yes, I'm actually francoohone, so I understand everything.

Perfect, you have the usual suspect like Booba, Damso, Kaaris, Rohff, MHD, SCH, Ninho, Maitre Gims, Niska, Soprano, Sofiane, Nekfeu, Orelsan and many more.

Then you have others who are less famous, but are still good, Jarod, Sadek, Dehmo, Maes, Isha, Hamza, Kekra, Dosseh...

Do you know Damso ? Try his Album Ipséité and tell me if you like it.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Perfect, you have the usual suspect like Booba, Damso, Kaaris, Rohff, MHD, SCH, Ninho, Maitre Gims, Niska, Soprano, Sofiane, Nekfeu, Orelsan and many more.

Then you have others who are less famous, but are still good, Jarod, Sadek, Dehmo, Maes, Isha, Hamza, Kekra, Dosseh...
I'm familiar with the bolded...been following this Kaaris vs Booba back and forth...

Wonder why they had a falling out?? Didn't Booba put Kaaris on?

Do you know Damso ? Try his Album Ipséité and tell me if you like it.
Just downloaded it on Spotify...I'll check it out and let you know for sure.

Edit: the song "Kietu" I'm loving already

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
How about this for a classic?

That was great.

I've been listening to some Richard Thompson the past few days after seeing this video posted in a thread on the entertainment board here. :)

After listening to that song I clicked on this tune from the same event. :)

And of course I had to also then listen to this Richard and Linda Thompson classic after just because it's so great.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I'm familiar with the bolded...been following this Kaaris vs Booba back and forth...

Wonder why they had a falling out?? Didn't Booba put Kaaris on?

Just downloaded it on Spotify...I'll check it out and let you know for sure.

Edit: the song "Kietu" I'm loving already

Kaaris and Booba is a long story. Booba helped Kaaris when he started, he gave him the opportunity to be on his album and his mixtape "Autopsie vol.4" and that gave a huge exposure to Kaaris. At this time Booba was in a beef with two others rappers and expected Kaaris to be involved with him in this beef. But Kaaris said that those two rappers did nothing to him, why would he start a beef with them ?

Booba did not like it and the collaboration between them was over.

Booba is the biggest French Rap troll, when he's beefing with someone he does not give up. He attacked Kaaris for a long time on social networks, but Kaaris did not want to answer. Until the day Kaaris got fed up with it and made a mythical video where he told him that if he caught him, he was going to broke his neck and drink his blood.

That was 4 years ago, they continued to insult each other on social networks and this summer, they met at the airport in Orly in France and they "fought". They went to Prison for 1 month and they were fined. After that, Booba began to insult him again on the social networks and at Christmas, he offered to fight in a ring. Kaaris has accepted, but he wants to fight in a ring, but without rules and without referee, but that's impossible, it's illegal. Booba made a combat contract, then Kaaris rejected that contract and told him that he was going to send him a better deal with more money and since then we have been waiting.

Reactions: Runner77 and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Kaaris and Booba is a long story. Booba helped Kaaris when he started, he gave him the opportunity to be on his album and his mixtape "Autopsie vol.4" and that gave a huge exposure to Kaaris. At this time Booba was in a beef with two others rappers and expected Kaaris to be involved with him in this beef. But Kaaris said that those two rappers did nothing to him, why would he start a beef with them ?

Booba did not like it and the collaboration between them was over.

Booba is the biggest French Rap troll, when he's beefing with someone he does not give up. He attacked Kaaris for a long time on social networks, but Kaaris did not want to answer. Until the day Kaaris got fed up with it and made a mythical video where he told him that if he caught him, he was going to broke his neck and drink his blood.

That was 4 years ago, they continued to insult each other on social networks and this summer, they met at the airport in Orly in France and they "fought". They went to Prison for 1 month and they were fined. After that, Booba began to insult him again on the social networks and at Christmas, he offered to fight in a ring. Kaaris has accepted, but he wants to fight in a ring, but without rules and without referee, but that's impossible, it's illegal. Booba made a combat contract, then Kaaris rejected that contract and told him that he was going to send him a better deal with more money and since then we have been waiting.
I saw the youtube of the fight at the airport...pretty crazy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I saw the youtube of the fight at the airport...pretty crazy

These guys can't fight for shit. It doesn't even look like anyone landed a punch. Looked more like tussling, with a lot of flailing, backpedaling and some attempts at slapping. This clip shows it from several angles and locations:

Booba and Kaaris were arrested in August after a fight erupted in the terminal of Orly airport, footage of which was widely shared online.
The pair are established rivals, and were arrested along with members of their respective entourages.
A French court ordered both men to pay a €50,000 fine on top of their suspended sentences.
Nine other defendants were handed sentences of up to 12 months each.
The fight erupted on 1 August when Booba – whose real identity is 41-year-old Elie Yaffa – met his rival Kaaris, née Okou Gnakouri, 38, in the terminal. Both rappers were on their way to Barcelona - and ended up in the same part of the airport.
The two men had previously collaborated with one another, but had fallen out in recent years, leading to a heated rivalry that mostly played out online.
Passengers in the crowded terminal recorded the ensuing brawl between the shelves of a duty free shop, which temporarily closed part of the airport and caused delays for hundreds of travellers.

French rappers sentenced over airport brawl

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
That was great.

I've been listening to some Richard Thompson the past few days after seeing this video posted in a thread on the entertainment board here. :)

After listening to that song I clicked on this tune from the same event. :)

And of course I had to also then listen to this Richard and Linda Thompson classic after just because it's so great.

He's great, especially the very dark songs like End of the Rainbow:

"Tycoons and barrow boys will rob you
And throw you on the side
And all because they love themselves sincerely
And the man holds a bread knife
Up to you throat is four feet wide
And he's anxious just to show you what it's for.
Your mother works so hard to make you happy
But take a look outside the nursery door
There's nothing at the end of the rainbow.
There's nothing to grow up for anymore"

From one of his albums with former wife Linda called I Want to see the Bright Lights Tonight.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Just saw Genesis cover band from Montreal, The Musical Box. I go see them whenever they are in town. If you like Genesis before Gabriel left, they are amazing.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Allright, I'll kick it old school here. If you have a nice stereo at home, crank this and chill.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just saw Genesis cover band from Montreal, The Musical Box. I go see them whenever they are in town. If you like Genesis before Gabriel left, they are amazing.

Love Genesis and had heard of the cover band but never got around to seeing them.

I do however have tickets to Steve Hackett's concert at PdA, where he'll be performing the whole of Selling England by the Pound: Steve Hackett - Selling England by the Pound Théâtre Maisonneuve

Should be fun.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
These guys can't fight for ****. It doesn't even look like anyone landed a punch. Looked more like tussling, with a lot of flailing, backpedaling and some attempts at slapping. This clip shows it from several angles and locations:

Booba and Kaaris were arrested in August after a fight erupted in the terminal of Orly airport, footage of which was widely shared online.
The pair are established rivals, and were arrested along with members of their respective entourages.
A French court ordered both men to pay a €50,000 fine on top of their suspended sentences.
Nine other defendants were handed sentences of up to 12 months each.
The fight erupted on 1 August when Booba – whose real identity is 41-year-old Elie Yaffa – met his rival Kaaris, née Okou Gnakouri, 38, in the terminal. Both rappers were on their way to Barcelona - and ended up in the same part of the airport.
The two men had previously collaborated with one another, but had fallen out in recent years, leading to a heated rivalry that mostly played out online.
Passengers in the crowded terminal recorded the ensuing brawl between the shelves of a duty free shop, which temporarily closed part of the airport and caused delays for hundreds of travellers.

French rappers sentenced over airport brawl

Lol yes

I meant crazy for the scene...like I couldn't tell who was who, people screaming, kids around, etc.

Kinda dumb to be honest, but like I said, I'm just kind of getting into this French rap scene so kinda threw me off lol

Reactions: Runner77

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I saw a video a few years ago of The Australian Pink Floyd in concert. Blew me away how well they recreated the originals, stage show and all. Some of these tribute bands can be amazing.

Reactions: sheed36

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Anyone here other than myself care about the Get Up Kids (or Blackpool Lights, New Amsterdams, or even the Anniversary in this case)? If so, check out Radar State. They're made up of Matt and Jim from the GUK, and a dude from the Anniversary too. It's been my most listened to album, by far, over the last few months.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I saw a video a few years ago of The Australian Pink Floyd in concert. Blew me away how well they recreated the originals, stage show and all. Some of these tribute bands can be amazing.

Yeah they were great years ago. Since then the main guys from Aussie Floyd moved on and formed Brit Floyd, who I follow closely, and they are really really good. No one will ever come close to being Pink Floyd but Brit Floyd is the closest I've heard to the real thing yet. They have many great videos on their YouTube channel.

This Brit Floyd version of The Final Cut still blows me away for how great it is IMO.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Yeah they were great years ago. Since then the main guys from Aussie Floyd moved on and formed Brit Floyd, who I follow closely, and they are really really good. No one will ever come close to being Pink Floyd but Brit Floyd is the closest I've heard to the real thing yet. They have many great videos on their YouTube channel.

This Brit Floyd version of The Final Cut still blows me away for how great it is IMO.

I'm downloading both 2+ hour concerts of both Floyds and I'll compare them.

Reactions: sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm downloading both 2+ hour concerts of both Floyds and I'll compare them.

I haven't listened to any recent Aussie Floyd stuff lately so I don't know if they've improved any. I didn't like their vocals at all and much preferred the vocals from Brit Floyd's Ian Cattell instead.

I have 3 Brit Floyd concerts here on DVD. Their first ever Live In Liverpool DVD from 2011. The 2013 Red Rocks DVD and their Space And Time - Live In Amsterdam 2015 DVD. All are really good shows. The Red Rocks show is probably my favorite because the venue is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad