OT: Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
One of my favorites “new” bands is called Think Tank. Love the music. Check it out.

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
Might get laughed at for asking this question but where can i buy cds :laugh: like when HMV used to exist. Walmart had decent choices but am looking for better options

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Might get laughed at for asking this question but where can i buy cds :laugh: like when HMV used to exist. Walmart had decent choices but am looking for better options

Archambault, pretty much the only place left. Then it's probably some indie shops like Freeson Rock on Mont-Royal (they had a huge collection of metal albums). There's Aux 33 tours close too (but you won't find cds there I guess haha).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Drums and electric guitar on a Christmas song? Sign me up.

I don't follow Christian music rock bands however, I wouldn't mind a fresh take on old x-mas classics.

I never liked the Drummer Boy song but this band makes it digestible:

Do you have any Christian music bands that have given a new spin to holiday songs?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Drums and electric guitar on a Christmas song? Sign me up.

I don't follow Christian music rock bands however, I wouldn't mind a fresh take on old x-mas classics.

I never liked the Drummer Boy song but this band makes it digestible:

Do you have any Christian music bands that have given a new spin to holiday songs?

White Christmas meets the blues courtesy of Eric Clapton who has a new Christmas album out this year.

Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I don't have any sheepdogs album but I really like their songs

The Sheepdogs aren't someone I've listened to very much either and only really discovered their music in the past couple of years or so but they do have some very good music. I like their old classic rock type sound.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Can't disagree. My love of prog has waned with Rush retiring and the last DT concert I was at. I liked some of the early DT stuff, but couldn't be bothered now.

Funny, I was going to post about Haken. Heard a couple of tracks and found it interesting but don't know if I've heard their best.

Which songs did you hear ?

My fav album is The Mountain.

For Leprous, you should give a try to ''Bilateral''

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Which songs did you hear ?

My fav album is The Mountain.

For Leprous, you should give a try to ''Bilateral''

The Mountain - 1 The Path.
The Mountain - 6 Falling back to Earth

I'll give Leprous a shot. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agalloch

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Also listened to Haken's 1985. Like it a lot.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Family is out of the house and have the floor vibrating to some of my favorite tunes. Janes Addiction’s Under the Tahitian Moon is one of my favorites

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Was watching Colbert last evening and Keegan Michael Key was guesting. They got on the topic of Key's wedding that took place 7 months ago, where Colbert was an invitee. They talked about this song that had them both doing dance moves. Must say, I've never heard of it but can see how it might have a captive audience at a wedding:

Reactions: ArtPeur

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I found this this morning and I posted it on the Entertainment board, but had to share it here after listening to it. If you're a Beatles fan, or not, here's the White album in its entirety, beautifully sung, original arrangements, and accompanied by some neat cartooning.

If you're a guitar player, check out Honey Pie @ 1:08:15

Last edited:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I’ve been watching a bunch of different NPR Tiny Desk Concerts on YouTube and found this one with Steve Martin and his band. Not the music I listen to but it was good nonetheless.

A couple of other good ones were Noname Gypsy, Mac Miller, and Anderson.PAAK. All three are rap acts. Noname does spoken word over happy almost whimsical beats, think fairytale music. Both PAAK and Mac have funky bass style beats.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Melnick had Ewan Currie from The Sheepdogs in studio for a chat yesterday so I've been listening to a bit of The Sheepdogs since then. :thumbu:

Musicians that can actually play music, and the lyrics aren't about violence, ho's and white guilt? I'm in. Thanks for sharing, they rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad