OT: Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Mali I think, not too sure. their guitar riffs are solid.

Mali maybe? any way to find out? I used to know a few people from there,can't see that music coming out of there,not by their way anyways,perhaps some ordinance. Sounded like an interesting visit at the time,but no go for the foreseeable future,as is the sad case in many nations on that continent.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Mali maybe? any way to find out? I used to know a few people from there,can't see that music coming out of there,not by their way anyways,perhaps some ordinance. Sounded like an interesting visit at the time,but no go for the foreseeable future,as is the sad case in many nations on that continent.
from wiki : Songhoy Blues is a desert blues music group from Timbuktu, Mali. The band was formed in Bamako after they were forced to leave their homes during the civil conflict and the imposition of Sharia law.[3] The band released their debut album, Music in Exile via Transgressive Records on February 23rd 2015, while Julian Casablancas' Cult Records partnered with Atlantic Records to release the album in North America in March 2015. The group is one of the principal subjects of the documentary film They Will Have To Kill Us First.[4]

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
How's the hip hop scene in this group? Posted in the movie thread about the lack of hip hop scene in HK so I'm still stuck on a lot of old stuff. Anybody knows some good new tracks out there? Any banging summer hits?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A song from 5 years ago but that I only discovered now via a TV ad for the Burlington Discover Jazz Festival from May 31-June 9th.

Great pipes on this guy. Don't let his accountant look fool ya.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Anyone in the mood for something melancholic? This song just sucks you in and never lets you out.

aaaand I can hear iiiiiiit...

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
How's the hip hop scene in this group? Posted in the movie thread about the lack of hip hop scene in HK so I'm still stuck on a lot of old stuff. Anybody knows some good new tracks out there? Any banging summer hits?
I enjoy 90s and early 2000s hip hop. Can't get into the new stuff. MosDef, MF Doom, Rakim,Wutang, Nas, Slick Rick and Ice Cube being my favorites

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I enjoy 90s and early 2000s hip hop. Can't get into the new stuff. MosDef, MF Doom, Rakim,Wutang, Nas, Slick Rick and Ice Cube being my favorites
Have you tried though?

Asap Rocky
Joey Bada$$
Asap Ferg
Action Bronson
Absoul
Anderson paak
J. Cole
Danny Brown
Schoolboy Q
Run the Jewels
Kendrick
Chance the rapper
Nipsey hussle

Cant wrap my head around how you couldnt like at least a few of them. If you want some track suggestion I can always hit you up.

Theres also a few "mumble rappers" that I really like
Lil Baby
Future
21 savage
Offset and the crew

I swear Cole, Rocky, Q, Kendrick , Joey and Chance are some of my favorite rappers, ever. They all have that old school MC style on a lot of their songs. Kendrick is probably the most contemporary of the troup with Q following but Chance, Joey and Rocky are old time MCs.

This is coming from a guy that has ODB and KRS-One at the top of their lists, too.

I guess I should tag @Kriss E too

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I stumbled across this the other day. Its an old Alice cooper song covered by Mr Bean and Bruce Dickinson (of iron maiden). Kinda funny

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Have you tried though?

Asap Rocky
Joey Bada$$
Asap Ferg
Action Bronson
Absoul
Anderson paak
J. Cole
Danny Brown
Schoolboy Q
Run the Jewels
Kendrick
Chance the rapper
Nipsey hussle

Cant wrap my head around how you couldnt like at least a few of them. If you want some track suggestion I can always hit you up.

Lil Baby
Future
21 savage
Offset and the crew

I swear Cole, Rocky, Q, Kendrick , Joey and Chance are some of my favorite rappers, ever. They all have that old school MC style on a lot of their songs. Kendrick is probably the most contemporary of the troup with Q following but Chance, Joey and Rocky are old time MCs.

This is coming from a guy that has ODB and KRS-One at the top of their lists, too.

I agree with some of the new rappers. J.Cole, Kendrick, Rocky, Schoolboy Q, Childish Gambino, they have some skills. I really like Russ too.
A. Paak, I saw him live at the Jazz fest couple years back, that was awesome.
For all the hate you can throw his way, I also can't knock on Drake. The guy is a genius honestly..

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I agree with some of the new rappers. J.Cole, Kendrick, Rocky, Schoolboy Q, Childish Gambino, they have some skills. I really like Russ too.
A. Paak, I saw him live at the Jazz fest couple years back, that was awesome.
For all the hate you can throw his way, I also can't knock on Drake. The guy is a genius honestly..
I love Drake too but genius may be pushing it :laugh:

If you like old school I hope you've given K.O.D. a chance ? I love it. I wasn't a fan of Cole before, but that was a swing and a huge hit for me. So much more emotion and vibe than his usual tracks.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Have you tried though?

Asap Rocky
Joey Bada$$
Asap Ferg
Action Bronson
Absoul
Anderson paak
J. Cole
Danny Brown
Schoolboy Q
Run the Jewels
Kendrick
Chance the rapper
Nipsey hussle

Lil Baby
Future
21 savage
Offset and the crew

Literally the same list I was going to suggest :laugh:

Chance can get super religious like on Coloring Book but Acid Rap is hands down one of my favorite Mixtapes. I still listen to it today.

Action Bronson has some great songs but recently he’s been trying to get all artsy which is cool but I wasn’t a huge fan of White Bronco. Though his friend Mayhem Lauren is pretty good. His first album was dope.

Another name I would add is Freddie Gibbs. Solid artist and had a great collab project with Currensy called Fetti. His most recent album Freddie was also really good.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Have you tried though?

Asap Rocky
Joey Bada$$
Asap Ferg
Action Bronson
Absoul
Anderson paak
J. Cole
Danny Brown
Schoolboy Q
Run the Jewels
Kendrick
Chance the rapper
Nipsey hussle

Lil Baby
Future
21 savage
Offset and the crew

I've heard about half of those. It's really not my thing. Not even the same genre really. J Cole is the only one I don't mind but even then I wouldn't put it on myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad