OT: Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Can you please suggest some cuts from Nightwish, Amy Lee and Lana Lane, that you like?

Thanks in advance.
I'll have to have a listen to Lana Lane again as it's been a while. I don't remember the titles of the Nightwish songs I like either, so I'll have to rapidly scan through them also. As far as Amy Lee is concerned, the first Evanescence album I like almost all of it. Lithium is also good, Lacrymosa, to name a few. If you give me a little time, I'll have a more complete list for you later.

Reactions: Runner77

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm on my cellphone right now and too lazy to link stuff. But I agree on Wishmaster.. But I may like Oceanborn more. Anyhow. You can't talk about Nightwish without listening to Ghost Love Score at least once with Tarja and then Floor Jansen as vocalist.

Nemo, from the same album, was also once my favorite song they made.

I haven't been listening to them for a while now but, man, Oceanborn will soon be 20 years old

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm on my cellphone right now and too lazy to link stuff. But I agree on Wishmaster.. But I may like Oceanborn more. Anyhow. You can't talk about Nightwish without listening to Ghost Love Score at least once with Tarja and then Floor Jansen as vocalist.

I haven't been listening to them for a while now but, man, Oceanborn will soon be 20 years old

Once was the album that hooked me, and yeah, with Nemo. Higher than hope is another favorite of mine on there. I could have gone on and on but didn't want to drown the poor guy in my geekout. Hell, I could even recommend some (some!) of the Anette stuff, but I think my favorite songs during her tenure are the ones where she sings the least: Islander + Last of the Wilds. Lost faith in the band's writing after Imaganaerium tbh and never gave the Floor stuff a chance after that. Tarja is life.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I'm listening to the Pixie's album Head Carrier at the moment. I just learned that they released stuff in the last few years.Wow. This was so unexpected.I'm so out of the loop. The album sounds like typical Pixies. They don't sound like they are 30 years past their prime. Today is a great day.

I haven't listened to Head Carrier yet (I wanna say 'yet' but I don't really feel like listening to it) but that's because I was heavily disappointed by Indie Cindy. They lost a huge chunk of charm when Kim left. It's nice and all that they are still making music but it's missing all the badass that was the old Pixies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

I only just discovered them about 3 years ago. Just goes to show how slow I am. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'll have to have a listen to Lana Lane again as it's been a while. I don't remember the titles of the Nightwish songs I like either, so I'll have to rapidly scan through them also. As far as Amy Lee is concerned, the first Evanescence album I like almost all of it. Lithium is also good, Lacrymosa, to name a few. If you give me a little time, I'll have a more complete list for you later.

Oh, I didn't mean to have you rack your brain. Just go with one or two of your favorite cuts. Nothing that will require you to listen to a ton of music. Even just one song. I'm always interested in what draws someone toward a particular band or cut.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@Runner77

I'd recommend all the Tarja (<3) albums, but Wishmaster and Century child are my favorites.

It's not often you see shots of supermodels in the first rows, mouthing lyrics to a song -- but yes, it was intense and the fusion aspect is always appealing to me. I'll check out the the albums and cuts you suggested. Thanks for sharing.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Oh, I didn't mean to have you rack your brain. Just go with one or two of your favorite cuts. Nothing that will require you to listen to a ton of music. Even just one song. I'm always interested in what draws someone toward a particular band or cut.
No prob, I'm always listening to something, from morning till whenever, or I'm strumming during Habs games. Racking my brain is what I do best. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Talk about fusion, the only way I can listen to classical music is if there's an electric guitar and drums involved.

Concerto Grosso no. 1 by the New Trolls fits the bill:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Once was the album that hooked me, and yeah, with Nemo. Higher than hope is another favorite of mine on there. I could have gone on and on but didn't want to drown the poor guy in my geekout. Hell, I could even recommend some (some!) of the Anette stuff, but I think my favorite songs during her tenure are the ones where she sings the least: Islander + Last of the Wilds. Lost faith in the band's writing after Imaganaerium tbh and never gave the Floor stuff a chance after that. Tarja is life.

Floor is an amazing vocalist but, as you do, I don't like their new stuff. I sometimes watch some vids of their old songs but with Floor singing. She has the voice, the charisma and ze LEGS omg. Her range is larger than Tarja too

Reactions: overlords

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Talk about fusion, the only way I can listen to classical music is if there's an electric guitar and drums involved.
You're missing out on some great stuff. If you give this piece a listen, the choir and the lead voice will give you feels. It's music for the ages. This is good played loud or with headphones and a little bit intoxicated. :nod:

Look for Lady MacBeth by Lana Lane. It's a good album with Pink Floyd overtones.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
My favourite Pixies cut:

Bossanova is still my favorite album - probably because it was the first Pixies album I heard, and one of the few "alternative" cassettes I had. So I played it over and over.

Some of my favorite songs on it

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anybody heard of The Reflex? He's a french DJ that does a really good job remixing mainly 70's and 80's songs. If you like daft punk you'll probably like his tunes.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bossanova is still my favorite album - probably because it was the first Pixies album I heard, and one of the few "alternative" cassettes I had. So I played it over and over.

I used to love the Pixies, but now all it does for me is hurt my head. I don't know why. All that noise is just not computing anymore. Same with a lot of The Beatles songs.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

I'm not huge on Bossanova, really. It's like Here Comes Your Man expanded which itself is one of my least favourite cuts off Doolittle (not saying much though since Doolittle is one of the best albums of all time). This has to be my favourite Pixies song:

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
So I was ermmm investigating some new music last night and found this can someone confirm for me is this 'our Sara' who was doing the anthem?!?

oIuGJXU.jpg

I'm going to investigate some more this needs to get investigated

Reactions: JuicyHam

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It's not often you see shots of supermodels in the first rows, mouthing lyrics to a song -- but yes, it was intense and the fusion aspect is always appealing to me. I'll check out the the albums and cuts you suggested. Thanks for sharing.

Hey man, it's a music thread so it's all subjective. You see supermodels, I see 13 year old scene-girls. :sarcasm:

Tomato/ Tom-ah-toe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad