OT: Music II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Man, hadn't heard that in years.

It's one of those songs you pay some attention to and then it mysteriously disappears into the horizon, but you do love it when you stumble on it again.

Did Molly Hatchet have any other hits? This one had a good run on Chom as I recall.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Man, hadn't heard that in years.

It's one of those songs you pay some attention to and then it mysteriously disappears into the horizon, but you do love it when you stumble on it again.

Did Molly Hatchet have any other hits? This one had a good run on Chom as I recall.

The only hit from them I'm aware of.

Reactions: Runner77

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I have been a fan of these guys as well, a heartbreaking day for me when Chester ended his life. He was a brilliant talent and he fought so many demons but was a consummate entertainer right up until the day that the voices finally won.

He had such amazing range as a singer, his voice is/was such a big part of the band I find it hard that they can go on adding another singer. 3 octaves or something that is the range of a trained and very gifted opera singer.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can relate to that! He's not Bonham but he has fun and is entertaining so I add another oldie... and the story.

Talk about a CHOM staple. This played all the time. I liked it at the beginning but man did they overplay it.

They did the same thing with Black Betty. At some point, enough was enough. CHOM, you should have moved on to something else before you bombarded us with it again. And again.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Talk about a CHOM staple. This played all the time. I liked it at the beginning but man did they overplay it.

They did the same thing with Black Betty. At some point, enough was enough. CHOM, you should have moved on to something else before you bombarded us with it again. And again.

They still "overplay" Radar Love :laugh:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
One of the best live albums I have ever owned was Live Johnny Winter And. Whenever we had a party at my place that LP was on the turnstile and the volume on high.
Sometimes I honestly think I'm talking to clones of myself on here. :laugh:

Winter at The Forum was one of the best shows I saw there, after Led Zep's 4 hour extravaganza. I missed him earlier at Place-des-Arts where the audience trashed the place. It was the first rock show at the concert hall usually reserved for classical music.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Sometimes I honestly think I'm talking to clones of myself on here. :laugh:
You and I both :laugh:. I saw Johnny perform 5 or 6 times and I kick myself now for not going to watch him more often :(. He had shows in Montreal almost every year.

Another great showman was his brother Edgar. I remember seeing him perform at the forum and the opening act was Lynyrd Skynyrd when Ronnie Van Zant was still alive (RIP). What a show :clap::clap:

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm likely very late to the party but until a couple of months ago I had no idea who Grace Potter was until I saw her performing with Warren Haynes. I still haven't really listened to much of her music yet but I certainly will after recently stumbling upon this tune and it's fantastic.

Such a great voice and the energy this woman has on stage is insane and those legs. :naughty: Great tune and video.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Saw Sting perform this when Saturday Night Live had a long ago rerun and he was the musical guest.

I had forgotten about this cut. It's totally addictive, I love it.

Never mind the blurry video, listen to the music. Magical.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Radio stations played to death so many good song while ignoring some that deserved attention.

Was a fan of Stairway to heaven and Smoke on the water for the first million times hearing it.

At least TooTall played some other GE songs when he was around at chom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille