Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
You Canadians are really fond of beavers, aren't you? :naughty:

images

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
An album I own and bought from when it was first issued. Purchased at Sam the Record Man -- a place that I helped finance through my massive discretionary spending.

That was like in the early 70's? I inherited many from my older brother,that album as well. I remember Sam's but no idea where they were located and what happened to them,guess you should have purchased more:) Rock en Stock I recall clearly as I'd go in and laugh at the prices they charged for imports:eek:You recall what went out of business first?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Surprised my SO taking her to see Andre in Maastricht a few years ago,told her we were going to a concert and she expected some headbanging club or grungy venue,she's a huge classical buff but into death metal as well. If you like classical music,he always is entertaining indoor or outdoor.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That was like in the early 70's? I inherited many from my older brother,that album as well. I remember Sam's but no idea where they were located and what happened to them,guess you should have purchased more:) Rock en Stock I recall clearly as I'd go in and laugh at the prices they charged for imports:eek:You recall what went out of business first?

Sam’s was on St. Catherine and was the go to place for records at the time. Imports had outrageous prices, something like $20 plus, which was a lot of money in the 70s.

Don’t know what Rock en Stock is.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Sam’s was on St. Catherine and was the go to place for records at the time. Imports had outrageous prices, something like $20 plus, which was a lot of money in the 70s.

Don’t know what Rock en Stock is.

Pretty sure that's what it was called,beside Chez Paris if not mistaken. Was know for almost exclusively selling imports. Someone must know for sure,help clear the fog,maybe @peate knows?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
For whoever is into hip hop rap..
Joyner Lucas dropped a track tribute to his mentor Will Smith...if you understand the references, it's really masterful:

And a few days ago Will Smith responded showing he can still drop some sick rhymes

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Pretty sure that's what it was called,beside Chez Paris if not mistaken. Was know for almost exclusively selling imports. Someone must know for sure,help clear the fog,maybe @peate knows?
It's a name I heard before but I don't think I've ever been there. My go to record store was Discorama in Alexis Nihon (close to NDG). Sometimes Archambault if I was in the area. Never went to Sam's all that much either. A lot of my records came from my brother who worked for Trans-Canada Records in TMR. Sometimes, if we were lucky, we'd get albums before they hit the stores.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It's a name I heard before but I don't think I've ever been there. My go to record store was Discorama in Alexis Nihon (close to NDG). Sometimes Archambault if I was in the area. Never went to Sam's all that much either. A lot of my records came from my brother who worked for Trans-Canada Records in TMR. Sometimes, if we were lucky, we'd get albums before they hit the stores.

Appreciate that,thanks,the search continues.

Still have the vinyl albums? Get anything noteworthy from Trans-Canada?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Appreciate that,thanks,the search continues.

Still have the vinyl albums? Get anything noteworthy from Trans-Canada?
Got rid of them when I moved to BC, was time for CD's. :laugh: Oh I still have Dave Mason's fancy swirly LP hanging on the wall. Unplayable from scratches and dust.

My other brother, the beer guy, has some of my old LP's I think. I got Rubber Soul in mono, 1 week before it hit the stores. That was a big deal. Mostly Québecois records were plentiful through them. I'd get a lot of leftovers that my brother would get and didn't like, Cream and Hendrix to name a few, although today he likes them. Go figure.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
That selection just blew me away!:thumbu: Really surprised the shit out me you old curmudgeon.:)
Someday we should all have a party in Montreal, I would really shock you all then lol. I have been a metalhead for the last 30 years, I am not as familiar with the newer stuff but Maiden, Priest and many of the 80s hair bands are still my favs. This tune would be playing in my dressing room if I was the habs coach lol.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Someday we should all have a party in Montreal, I would really shock you all then lol. I have been a metalhead for the last 30 years, I am not as familiar with the newer stuff but Maiden, Priest and many of the 80s hair bands are still my favs. This tune would be playing in my dressing room if I was the habs coach lol.
I bet you had this on cassette, I wore mine out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad