OT: Music II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
<iframe width="645" height="363" src="Constantines - Nighttime/Anytime (It's Alright) [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WOW, i suck at embeds...anyhow, click the blue link :)

Great band, The Constantines, that were killing it in the 2000s. They just re-released a live version of this song "Nightime/Anytime (It's Alright)" on Spotify and it's f'ing great.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Posting this one for @Runner77

Thanks for posting this.

I've heard this song many times over the years, including watching Elton performing it live and it never gets old. This version is special because it features the actor who plays him in the movie. So many great moments between these two, always interesting to watch their reactions as they sing duets.

I guess if you're going to stroll over to a piano wearing a night robe in front of a massive crowd and be able to get away with it, you gotta be Elton.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Thanks for posting this.

I've heard this song many times over the years, including watching Elton performing it live and it never gets old. This version is special because it features the actor who plays him in the movie. So many great moments between these two, always interesting to watch their reactions as they sing duets.

I guess if you're going to stroll over to a piano wearing a night robe in front of a massive crowd and be able to get away with it, you gotta be Elton.

Yeah the comments on the video were funny too, stuff like: "I just got out of the bath and now I'm playing piano"

Anyhow, who sang that live song better: Elton or "young Elton"? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Sturgill Simpson cut a single for the new Jarmusch movie.

It’s very traditional country. He likes to wander the musical landscape but I think his voice is best in this style.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Oh I have that on my playlist as well!
That track always takes me back to my first trip to L.A., heard it the first time at a bar and I was going through a heartbreak.

E7K3Eki.png

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Alright, peeps, I'm still drunk and I can't sober up. I need songs. Your Song by Elton John and Taron Egerton gives me some nostalgia although I'm still young (kinda). Give me stuff to entertain me up until I'm alright to sleep on tonight

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Some unkown dude hope he does as good as Taron.

Im also not a hater, I hecking love Elton, hes just not objectively as good as Bowie, who was a genius IMO.

Sure. Have you seen how Elton looks at Taron at 1:53 in your song in the video posted above? man.

0273c6810a2979b19b40a21b0c517745.gif

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I mean. Honestly. Can you do better?

Really manlove to Chris Hadfield

(knowing all the hardwork you have to do to become an astronaut)

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Alright, peeps, I'm still drunk and I can't sober up. I need songs. Your Song by Elton John and Taron Egerton gives me some nostalgia although I'm still young (kinda). Give me stuff to entertain me up until I'm alright to sleep on tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->