OT: Music II

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Someday we should all have a party in Montreal, I would really shock you all then lol. I have been a metalhead for the last 30 years, I am not as familiar with the newer stuff but Maiden, Priest and many of the 80s hair bands are still my favs. This tune would be playing in my dressing room if I was the habs coach lol.

I'm already shocked! Another thing coming can amp things up in a hurry. Great driving tune also.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
@angusyoung here's another fine motherf***ing driving tune courtesy of the madman.

He's madman alright,quite the colorful life he has led. Some friends ran into him at the mustache after a show at the forum,and he was Flying Hi Again. Same show I think a chick that was sitting beside me loaned me her binoculars and was following him going behind the curtains and does a few lines and come out screaming'' lets have a riot! I'm going crazy'' Fun but short,show was less than an hour.Crazy times!:):thumbu:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
He's madman alright,quite the colorful life he has led. Some friends ran into him at the mustache after a show at the forum,and he was Flying Hi Again. Same show I think a chick that was sitting beside me loaned me her binoculars and was following him going behind the curtains and does a few lines and come out screaming'' lets have a riot! I'm going crazy'' Fun but short,show was less than an hour.Crazy times!:):thumbu:

I had him as a guiding voice for a mapping driving program from Europe. He swore there as well. "Ssstttop tthe fff****g ccar! TomTom I believe it was. :)

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Got rid of them when I moved to BC, was time for CD's. :laugh: Oh I still have Dave Mason's fancy swirly LP hanging on the wall. Unplayable from scratches and dust.

My other brother, the beer guy, has some of my old LP's I think. I got Rubber Soul in mono, 1 week before it hit the stores. That was a big deal. Mostly Québecois records were plentiful through them. I'd get a lot of leftovers that my brother would get and didn't like, Cream and Hendrix to name a few, although today he likes them. Go figure.

Dave Mason is very underrated as a guitarist, for instance he plays the 12 string acoustic on Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower and that rhythm is one of my favorites ever. Hole in My Shoe with Traffic. I am a big fan of Steve Winwood and had all the albums of the bands he played with and some of the solo albums. Anyway when I moved over to the US and I was waiting for my work permit I used to watch old re-runs of 50s up to the mid 70s sitcoms. I was watching The Odd Couple and this guy Roy Clark is on the show, then he plays a pretty amazing guitar piece.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Dave Mason is very underrated as a guitarist, for instance he plays the 12 string acoustic on Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower and that rhythm is one of my favorites ever. Hole in My Shoe with Traffic. I am a big fan of Steve Winwood and had all the albums of the bands he played with and some of the solo albums. Anyway when I moved over to the US and I was waiting for my work permit I used to watch old re-runs of 50s up to the mid 70s sitcoms. I was watching The Odd Couple and this guy Roy Clark is on the show, then he plays a pretty amazing guitar piece.

Yeah, that's a great piece! I didn't expect this one to come up here :laugh:

I've been watching and listening to a lot of great acoustic guitar players lately. Thought I'd share some videos you might find interesing.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

I've been watching and listening to a lot of great acoustic guitar players lately. Thought I'd share some videos you might find interesing.

All good,liked the Billy Jean version,impressive.

Might get a kick out of this version, fun fact, it's about Jason Bourne

Golden Earring - Twilight Zone (Live)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

Very nice! I love those pieces where they play the rhythm like the first one.

Have you heard this guy? Pierre Bensusan, Frenchman and one of my favorite guitarists, he plays using DADGAD tuning just like Laurence Juber in the video you provided. I saw him with my son who then was 13 years old and he got to speak with him. Very nice guy.

Pierre Bensusan - Murtagh Mckann

Reactions: Runner77

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
All good,liked the Billy Jean version,impressive.

Might get a kick out of this version, fun fact, it's about Jason Bourne

Pretty cool, but all I could think of was that poor bassman who's playing the same 4 notes over and over for like 9 minutes :laugh:

Very nice! I love those pieces where they play the rhythm like the first one.

Have you heard this guy? Pierre Bensusan, Frenchman and one of my favorite guitarists, he plays using DADGAD tuning just like Laurence Juber in the video you provided. I saw him with my son who then was 13 years old and he got to speak with him. Very nice guy.

Yes, I love Pierre Bensusan. His album "Intuite" is a must if you haven't listened to it. His tribute to Michael Hedges (another great acoustic guitarist) is a real tear jerker..

And since you guys liked the BIllie Jean video, here's another one from the same guy that I find particularly impressive:

It's just amazing how he's able to replicate every single element of the song...

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
How about some Gary Moore? With George Harrison playing While my Guitar Gently Weeps, the recording is not great to say the least but it is still worth a listen.. I saw him twice live, one in 1979 with Thin Lizzy and in the mid 80s I believe it was. He's a great guitarist, I prefer this solo to Clapton's who played on the recorded version even though Clapton's usage of the tremolo was great I think Gary Nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad