Proposal: MTL vs EDM

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
I’d be interested in something built around Kotkaniemi. At this point I think the money needed to retain RNH needs to be put towards getting a top pairing D to Edmonton and we have a need for a 3C. Might even be a good option with Puljujarvi. It’s tough to say value wise. Montreal obviously only does a deal like this with an extension and likely balks at adding but we aren’t in a position to not maximize value on an RNH trade which I think we could do with another club.

Lol what? You want something around Kk+ for RNH? Who's a ufa . This is awful.

Reactions: HabsAddict

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
I'm sure Oilers will get a great haul for RNH as a rental at the deadline if they're out of the running, but not sure how Habs would be a possible destination. It wouldn't make any sense to have any of our top 9 forwards play on the 4th line to open up a spot for him, and have to give up valuable pieces to do so.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Two years ago we needed LHD and centers.

Center position is fine...thanks.

LHD....got us this Ruskie kid who thinks he's a veteran..and plays like one. Just may be our best defenseman by the playoffs. Then there is this other kid whose name rhymes with ghoul that will be in the lineup next year...

We could use another LHD and left winger but Oil have nothing they can spare.

We're good, thanks....

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Here are the pieces available for a trade that might help you guys out (not putting scraps, because I know you don't want them):

Defense
Chiarot
Edmundson
Weber

Offense
Armia
Danault
Kotkaniemi
Lehkonen

Goaltending
Price
Allen

Let's discuss to see what you would like, and what you would be willing to trade in return.

I know other Hab fans would flip their shit seeing Weber's name out there, but I'm open to trading him for a good return.
Ya ok....Team is doing well enough so far and are not going to be rebuilding or selling off....gawd

As for RNH, Habs don't need him.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I like RNH - habs don't need him. Team is set at C, and yes I know he plays wing but he doesn't fit profile of what team needs on W. Habs aren't trading Primeau or a 1st or drouin. He's also a UFA. I assume he'll resign or get a couple of good assets at the TDL. But I'd be very weary of moving him if I'm the oil, based on how thin they are up front.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Lol what? You want something around Kk+ for RNH? Who's a ufa . This is awful.

What part of me mentioning RNH would need an extension in place did you miss? These boards are crap when posters reply and attempt to call someone out without even reading what was posted

I like how you mock RNH for KK as RNH is a rental and reply a rental Danault for Broberg. You’re insufferable

Last edited:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
In the spirit of stupid....If they want Kk for RNH rental then we want Draisaitl...

Just saying.....:popcorn:

My post clearly mentioned Montreal wouldn’t without RNH extended. Second language issues here or something?!? Your the second Habs fan to mention this even though the original post was clear as day

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My post clearly mentioned Montreal wouldn’t without RNH extended. Second language issues here or something?!? Your the second Habs fan to mention this even though the original post was clear as day

Extend him.....and keep him. He's going to cost you 7 million plus...good luck.

Kk is going nowhere....unless there is this guy called Dubois in play.

You're a top heavy team that needs more depth, we got depth but your two best players are unreachable for us. So this thread is more of a waste then usual....

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
RNH is god damn overrated
noty
Id rather have drouin

After secretly reading their boards for a while , RNH is not that great at all
If you think a handful of rando's on some forums are a great judge of NHL talent you're in for a rude awakening.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
In the spirit of stupid....If they want Kk for RNH rental then we want Draisaitl...

Just saying.....:popcorn:

If you want Draisaitl, we pick any five assets we want and you don't get to say a word about it. And you take Neal back.

Just saying. Your britches are getting a little big for five games into the season. Maybe you guys have something to crow about if you're sitting pretty at 40, but there's a lot of season left.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Randos? You mean ur entire board shitting on him all night long?
Alright im sorry
I'm there frequently enough to know the entire board doesn't shit all over him. Like basically every corner of the HF forums you have very vocal minorities who deal in ridiculous hyperbole and overexaggerations.

Sort of like what you're doing.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Randos? You mean ur entire board shitting on him all night long?
Alright im sorry

He starts slow, always has, and still has 4 points in 5 games.

Want me to bring up some of the things *your* board has said about Drouin over the years? At least half of you would have moved him for nothing more than cap space last year.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He starts slow, always has, and still has 4 points in 5 games.

Want me to bring up some of the things *your* board has said about Drouin over the years? At least half of you would have moved him for nothing more than cap space last year.
I know more than anyone in this thread that Drouin is awful and that the trade was a mistake from day 1

But okay

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I know more than anyone in this thread that Drouin is awful and that the trade was a mistake from day 1

But okay
What's the point in trying to stir shit up then?

You readily acknowledge Drouin is "awful". A quick look at their stats also shows RNH has out produced Drouin every year he's been in the league. Drouin is a worse career - player, and he only plays wing whereas RNH can also play up the middle.

But you're going to sit there say you'd still prefer Drouin?

Any trade proposals aside it seems like you're just trying to rile people up.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
What part of me mentioning RNH would need an extension in place did you miss? These boards are crap when posters reply and attempt to call someone out without even reading what was posted

I like how you mock RNH for KK as RNH is a rental and reply a rental Danault for Broberg. You’re insufferable

KK>>>>>Caufield

Caufield>Broberg

If you asked for Caufield it would have been reasonable asking for kk is a joke. KK is a good #2 2 way C at 20 while RNH is 27.

If MB ever offered KK for RNH he would lose his job and career.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Really early for this but lets say if Edmonton aren't going to make the playoffs this year what would be the asking price for RNH considering he's a ufa.

Would want him as I think he'd be a better option for the habs instead of Drouin.

Could something revolving around Drouin work? Drouin has 2 more years left at 5.5mill.

Bluntly, no. Count on RNH getting signed anyway and somewhere between $6.5 Million and $6.9 AMillion AAV.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If you want Draisaitl, we pick any five assets we want and you don't get to say a word about it. And you take Neal back.

Just saying. Your britches are getting a little big for five games into the season. Maybe you guys have something to crow about if you're sitting pretty at 40, but there's a lot of season left.

Worry about your goaltending and defense buddy....don't worry about us.

And I couldn't care less about Draisaitl other then if he came cheaply.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Worry about your goaltending and defense buddy....don't worry about us.

And I couldn't care less about Draisaitl other then if he came cheaply.

The goaltending and defense that completely shut the Leafs down last night?

You're not an idiot, you know Draisaitl has as much value as anyone in the league right now, so why suggest stupidity?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad