Proposal: MTL vs EDM

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Really early for this but lets say if Edmonton aren't going to make the playoffs this year what would be the asking price for RNH considering he's a ufa.

Would want him as I think he'd be a better option for the habs instead of Drouin.

Could something revolving around Drouin work? Drouin has 2 more years left at 5.5mill.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I don't think this makes sense for either team to be honest (to be clear also RNH holds more value than Drouin as a player). Even though Drouin would be something of an improvement over say Kassian or Kahun on a standalone basis, I am not sure this is EDM's most pressing concerns (I may be wrong but goaltending, top Defensemen, better forward depth, all seem more pressing concerns)

Reactions: bernmeister

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I don't think this makes sense for either team to be honest. Even though Drouin would be something of an improvement over say Kassian or Kahun on a standalone basis, I am not sure this is EDM's most pressing concerns (I may be wrong but goaltending, top Defensemen, better forward depth, all seem more pressing concerns)

We need a replacement for Klefbom. It’s obvious he is missed.

Send back Petry :)

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
That's gonna cost you more than a 2nd and a 4th :)

For sure.

Too early to know exactly what is wrong with the Oilers this season. There's no chemistry on any line and without Klefbom it's either too young (Bear, Jones, Lagesson, Bouchard) or too old/slow (Russell, Larsson) on the backend. There might be hope in the near future with Samorukov, Broberg, Bouchard but I suspect they are 2+ years way from handling top-pair duties.

Losing a D-man that would play 25+ mins a night... hurts. We replaced him with Barrie and Slater K. - neither are close to being able to handle top-pair duties.

Oscar Klefbom Stats and News

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Here are the pieces available for a trade that might help you guys out (not putting scraps, because I know you don't want them):

Defense
Chiarot
Edmundson
Weber

Offense
Armia
Danault
Kotkaniemi
Lehkonen

Goaltending
Price
Allen

Let's discuss to see what you would like, and what you would be willing to trade in return.

I know other Hab fans would flip their shit seeing Weber's name out there, but I'm open to trading him for a good return.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Here are the pieces available for a trade that might help you guys out (not putting scraps, because I know you don't want them):

Defense
Chiarot
Edmundson
Weber

Offense
Armia
Danault
Kotkaniemi
Lehkonen

Goaltending
Price
Allen

Let's discuss to see what you would like, and what you would be willing to trade in return.

I know other Hab fans would flip their shit seeing Weber's name out there, but I'm open to trading him for a good return.

I don't see Edmonton and Habs as trading partners. Edmonton doesn't really have the available pieces we need to make an improvement.

Calgary on the other hand...

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
For sure.

Too early to know exactly what is wrong with the Oilers this season. There's no chemistry on any line and without Klefbom it's either too young (Bear, Jones, Lagesson, Bouchard) or too old/slow (Russell, Larsson) on the backend. There might be hope in the near future with Samorukov, Broberg, Bouchard but I suspect they are 2+ years way from handling top-pair duties.

Losing a D-man that would play 25+ mins a night... hurts. We replaced him with Barrie and Slater K. - neither are close to being able to handle top-pair duties.

Oscar Klefbom Stats and News

Too early to say if something will be wrong long term with the Oilers. I am convinced that this Canadian division should be quite close. Even OTT has gotten better (even if it remains the weakest team), and all other teams are hoping to contend short term. MTL is the best team as far as depth is concerned in my opinion, but it is the worst in terms of raw elite talent, while it is the opposite for VAN and EDM.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If for some reason we don’t keep RNH, it’s likely because we think we can land Taylor Hall in the offseason. Drouin takes up too much cap space and... is Drouin. No.

Picks and prospects. A first must be included, non negotiable.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

Defense
Chiarot
Edmundson
Weber

Offense
Armia
Danault
Kotkaniemi
Lehkonen

Goaltending
Price
Allen

I’d be interested in something built around Kotkaniemi. At this point I think the money needed to retain RNH needs to be put towards getting a top pairing D to Edmonton and we have a need for a 3C. Might even be a good option with Puljujarvi. It’s tough to say value wise. Montreal obviously only does a deal like this with an extension and likely balks at adding but we aren’t in a position to not maximize value on an RNH trade which I think we could do with another club.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I’d be interested in something built around Kotkaniemi. At this point I think the money needed to retain RNH needs to be put towards getting a top pairing D to Edmonton and we have a need for a 3C. Might even be a good option with Puljujarvi. It’s tough to say value wise. Montreal obviously only does a deal like this with an extension and likely balks at adding but we aren’t in a position to not maximize value on an RNH trade which I think we could do with another club.
How has Pulj looked?

I watched just a little of the Oilers and didn't even hear his name.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
If for some reason we don’t keep RNH, it’s likely because we think we can land Taylor Hall in the offseason. Drouin takes up too much cap space and... is Drouin. No.

I would have thought the Hall ship had sailed. The two sides seemed to be pretty sour on each other when he left

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

The Oilers aren’t missing the playoffs. They will be comfortably in a playoff spot come the trade deadline. So they will keep RNH for their playoffs. Then he can find a new team in the summer.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The Oilers aren’t missing the playoffs. They will be comfortably in a playoff spot come the trade deadline. So they will keep RNH for their playoffs. Then he can find a new team in the summer.
I'm not so sure about that. I think there is a clear top 3 in Toronto, Calgary and Montreal. After that I'm not sure what happens. I'd take the Jets in that spot personally.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs aren't easily set on C lol

We are more set at center than we have been in decades!

* Suzuki's development curve from his age 19 memorial cup run is very impressive. He lacks top end speed but his acceleration bursts is underrated. He's clever, skilled, and strong at both ends of the ice for a 21 year old center playing top 6 minutes in his 2nd NHL season.

* Danault is one of the best two way centers in the game. Laugh at that all you want but he can shut down anyone at 5/5. Go look at MacKinnon's comments recently towards Danault. Habs will be extending him and Danault wants to stay

* Kotkaniemi is 20 and coming along nicely. He's got the worth ethic (on and off the ice) and he would have more points this year if his wingers performed better. We seen a sample of that last night with Toffoli and KK had a 2 pt game. How many 20 year old centers do you know are playing their 3rd NHL season? Not many bud. The biggest issue with KK is he will take time and we knew this when we drafted him.

* Evans, Poehling, Hillis all have good development resumes as depth behind our top 3. Evans is underrated and Poehling might end up being placed on wing. But make no mistake, Poehling's time will come cause this kid is big and strong and stakes very well!

So yeah, laugh all you want but we are set at center.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad