Confirmed with Link: [MTL/NYI] Thomas Vanek & cond'l 5th for Sebastian Collberg & cond'l 2nd PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer*

Vanek is a high profile player. If we don't sign him we could still trade his rights for a 2nd....

Let that sink in.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Joël Gabbay ‏@JoelGabbayNHL 2m

Vanek's agent, Steve Bartlett, says that he would be open to contract negotiations with #Habs. Says his client, Gionta, recommends Montreal.

If Gionta helped convince Vanek to re-sign here, I would no longer talk **** about him. :laugh:

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
LOOLOLOLOL KARAKTER, MB is a moron!!! He'S GONNA TRADE SUBBAN!!!!!

Wow this kind of ******** should calm down for a couple of hours, but it'll be back sooner than people think.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
If Gionta helped convince Vanek to re-sign here, I would no longer talk **** about him. :laugh:

If Vanek resigns here because of Gionta then it's time we make a "The line to apologize to Brian Gionta starts here ----> " thread

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Only thing that has me skeptical about a Vanek signing is that when he was interviewed by TSN after the trade his response to a potential Habs signing was 'Never say never'.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

HABS win CUPS*

lmao "it;s ok the Rangers still only have one cup since 1940" thats hilarious

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Oh ****. I know 99.9% of Habs fans are happy with the deal, but I just went to see reactions on the main board... A lot less Vanek is overrated than expected, and a lot more of "I'm jumping out of the window, now" and "countdown before Snowe is fired...''.
This is a good day for Habs fans.:)

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Someone on the tradeboard made a good point. Wang was probably to cheap to retain some of Vanek's salary to make him more desirable, which probably drove the price down.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Briere seems to score some big goals against the Bruins as well.

Briere vs Bruins: 48GP 14G-27A-41 Pts

Not bad but Vanek is on another level with 61pts in 53 games (30g-31a) :nod:

Pacioretty is normally solid against the B's as well. Maybe we should try a Pacioretty - Briere - Vanek anti-Bruins trio next time we face them ? :D

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Only thing that has me skeptical about a Vanek signing is that when he was interviewed by TSN after the trade his response to a potential Habs signing was 'Never say never'.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

10 mins after he been told he was dealt...lol

like come one..

Go back and listen to Kovy when he was traded to Montreal from NY ,and ASKED IF HE'd RESIGN here.......they answer was not YES...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Amazing just how stunned Ferraro and Ward were. Especially Ferraro, he didn't even know what to say, he ****ing stuttered for like 3 seconds before saying anything lmao

Not suprised to see Johnson happy. He's a habs fan. Always defends the organization and the talent on the club.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
10 mins after he been told he was dealt...lol

like come one..

Go back and listen to Kovy when he was traded to Montreal ,and ASKED IF HE'd RESIGN.......they answer was not YES...

Well Vanek knew he was going to be traded so it probably wasn't TOO much of a shock.

I would rather have heard something a little more positive is all.

Anyway I love the trade.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
If you guys want to laugh go read through the 6th trade day thread on Boston's board, start on page one (starts at about 2:50pm), it's hilarious.

Apr 28, 2010
Joël Gabbay ‏@JoelGabbayNHL 2m

Vanek's agent, Steve Bartlett, says that he would be open to contract negotiations with #Habs. Says his client, Gionta, recommends Montreal.

He also said he loves playing for a goalie like Carey Price and that Bell Centre has always been the toughest building to play in. Seems like he wants to play with the good guys this time.

I'd say 60% he'll resign. I hope the team can keep some kind of positive, fun vibe in the locker room. It could help.

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
Bringing you a behind-the-scene video of the trade:

7arafxD.gif

Oh. My. God.

I'm literally crying right now. Too good. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad