Confirmed with Link: [MTL/NYI] Thomas Vanek & cond'l 5th for Sebastian Collberg & cond'l 2nd PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
We'll see how long this can keep away a ''fire bergevin'' thread away.:laugh:

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Colt.45Orr

vCash: 500
Cheapest deadline prices I have ever seen.

Gaustad goes for a 1st and Vanek goes for a 2nd and prospect.

We could have landed Vanek pretty easily and instead let him go to Montreal. Brutal.

lol never saw it like that before

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Someone on the tradeboard made a good point. Wang was probably to cheap to retain some of Vanek's salary to make him more desirable, which probably drove the price down.

A marginal point because you're only taking on a quarter of the salary. Teams that Cap tight shouldn't try to trade at the deadline.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Colt.45Orr

vCash: 500
Cheapest deadline prices I have ever seen.

Gaustad goes for a 1st and Vanek goes for a 2nd and prospect.

We could have landed Vanek pretty easily and instead let him go to Montreal. Brutal.

lol never saw it like that before

cheapest 2 day of deals in many many many many years,,,and Leafs say

Leafs general manager Dave Nonis says cost of deadline day deals not worth it
Ottawa Citizen ‎- 4 hours ago

PricePkPatch*

The single best part is that we did not compromised anything serious about our future.

Collberg wasn't developping to our taste. Otherwise, we kept Tinordi. Eller. Beaulieu. Galchenyuk. Ghetto. De La Rose. McCarron. HOLY CRAP

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The single best part is that we did not compromised anything serious about our future.

Collberg wasn't developping to our taste. Otherwise, we kept Tinordi. Eller. Beaulieu. Galchenyuk. Ghetto. De La Rose. McCarron. HOLY CRAP

Nonis, who said he made plenty of calls to test the waters, said the asking ... Nonis said either the price was too high

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

i can recall two instances today where i LITERALLY forced myself to say good bye to both eller and beaulieu, ..they were GONE, no matter what, i was happy we got vanek but i knew 1 of if not both were GONE

and it was an absolute horrible feeling

and it didnt happen. props

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Sup guys, grats on landing Vanek, we're supposed to be rivals but I like you guys a lot. ;)

If you guys meet the Bruins in the playoffs rest assured you have the ultimate Bruin killer, the guy just goes off against them. :handclap:

PricePkPatch*

Sup guys, grats on landing Vanek, we're supposed to be rivals but I like you guys a lot. ;)

If you guys meet the Bruins in the playoffs rest assured you have the ultimate Bruin killer, the guy just goes off against them. :handclap:

We hope to see you in our scope. without MSL, I actually believe we could get through the Bolts.

I especially await Wednesday :naughty:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

Heard the same about McDonaugh :help:

Hopefully Collberg doesn't come back to bite us.

PricePkPatch*

Heard the same about McDonaugh :help:

Hopefully Collberg doesn't come back to bite us.

Timmins was very against trading McDonaugh. I am 100% certain that Bergevin would have heard his opinion before considering trading him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad