Confirmed with Link: [MTL/NYI] Thomas Vanek & cond'l 5th for Sebastian Collberg & cond'l 2nd PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TofoEmptyNt

Nov 10, 2013
Ontario
Ted Bird @manofbird:
Habs get Vanek, TSN panel reacts like their dog just died. - YouTube http://t.co/xp0BPUFf12

They're so ****ing pathetic. :laugh:

My reaction when this happened

0BdvvZC.gif

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
There's no need to put Collberg down. Sure he wasn't developing and regressing a bit but so was McDonagh when he was moved so you never know. What we do know though is that Collberg has a ton of skill and with the right development and motivation can become a very good NHL player.

Whether he puts it together or not is unknown, but there's no reason to act like he's not a good prospect just because he was traded.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Another thing that is , well i wouldn't say overlooked , but people aren't talking about enough is :

Thomas Vanek is the biggest Bruins killer in the league. That makes the whole thing even better

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Marc Bergevin and Dudley Bro worked their magic today, that's for sure.

HABS win CUPS*

sorry i HAD TO post that gif in the tradedeadline thread its too genius

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
It's on MB... A GM could surround himself with dumb yes-men or with quality advisors... Ultimately, the buck stops with the GM... And MB (not Dudley) will get all the crap with the Brière move and the kudos for the Vanek move.

I'll say this though, there is a definitive smell of Dudley and Carriere on the team. I don't think Briere coming was a coincidence and I don't think trading for Vanek is either: both former Sabres, as are Dudley & Carriere in management roles (and as players, don't they? the both of them, lest I'm mistaken) so they would know those players.

And then Scott Mellanby is hired as pro scout or whatever they call his job, and he knew Dudley from Atlanta.

But no doubt, this is Bergevin's strategy, because it's very Blackhawks-y.

Analyzer*

Another thing that is , well i wouldn't say overlooked , but people aren't talking about enough is :

Thomas Vanek is the biggest Bruins killer in the league. That makes the whole thing even better

Because he's 6'2 ?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I'll say this though, there is a definitive smell of Dudley and Carriere on the team. I don't think Briere coming was a coincidence and I don't think trading for Vanek is either: both former Sabres, as are Dudley & Carriere in management roles (and as players, don't they? the both of them, lest I'm mistaken) so they would know those players.

And then Scott Mellanby is hired as pro scout or whatever they call his job, and he knew Dudley from Atlanta.

But no doubt, this is Bergevin's strategy, because it's very Blackhawks-y.

Vanek our Hossa? :yo:

Apr 28, 2010
Funny how the Habs acquired some Habs-killers in the last couple of years.

Erik Cole, Daniel Briere and now, Thomas Vanek. :laugh:

HM: Gionta. I thought he was a Habs-killer back then too.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
There's no need to put Collberg down. Sure he wasn't developing and regressing a bit but so was McDonagh when he was moved so you never know. What we do know though is that Collberg has a ton of skill and with the right development and motivation can become a very good NHL player.

Whether he puts it together or not is unknown, but there's no reason to act like he's not a good prospect just because he was traded.

I agree. I didn't love what I saw in his game most recently, but he was well thought of within the organization 6 months ago. I like the Vanek deal from a Habs POV, but we did give up Collberg who is essentially a late first rounder. He's also further along in his development which is a bonus for the Isles. I don't think the Isles did as bad as everyone says. If they got a 1st and 2nd would people be complaining? Also consider, this is a weak draft.

Again, I stress...I like this deal from a Habs POV

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Briere seems to score some big goals against the Bruins as well.

Briere vs Bruins: 48GP 14G-27A-41 Pts

Last edited:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Joël Gabbay ‏@JoelGabbayNHL 2m

Vanek's agent, Steve Bartlett, says that he would be open to contract negotiations with #Habs. Says his client, Gionta, recommends Montreal.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Vanek's agent, Steve Bartlett, says that he would be open to contract negotiations with #Habs. Says his client, Gionta, recommends Montreal.

:handclap:

Vanek , you can own the city..no bigger stage.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec

Good, good... If Vanek is smart, he'll leave the free agency door open for a while but its very possible he'll stay here imho.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Nothing to discredit collberg. Loved him before we picked him love him now.

However there are some red flags coming in his development.. And the fact I believe more in lehkonen than collberg and andrighetto is closer to the NHL. We can afford to lose him.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Nothing to discredit collberg. Loved him before we picked him love him now.

However there are some red flags coming in his development.. And the fact I believe more in lehkonen than collberg and andrighetto is closer to the NHL. We can afford to lose him.

Yeah we have several prospects similar to Collberg, ditching him was definitely something we could afford. I'm so happy we didn't have to trade Tinordi or Beaulieu :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino