Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Mathieu Perreault signs with the Canadiens (1 year, $950k)

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Are we rolling 5 lines ?

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Drouin - Evans - Anderson
Byron - Paquette - Armia
Perreault - Poehling - Lehkonen

I know there's injuries and you need backup but those are all players who deserve to play every night

Paquette doesn’t deserve to play every night

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
As much as I’d like to look further into this and predict a trade coming, the more Bergevin thing to do would be to acquire all the wingers and just do nothing with them.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Are we rolling 5 lines ?

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Drouin - Evans - Anderson
Byron - Paquette - Armia
Perreault - Poehling - Lehkonen

I know there's injuries and you need backup but those are all players who deserve to play every night
Obviously, there will be injuries, as you say. Without them, though, I expect to see rotations between Evans, Paquette and Poehling, as well as between Perreault, Byron, Lehkonen and Armia. And maybe Drouin.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This is a very good deal for Perreault, but it also seems pointless.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Its still a thing, whats not a thing is taking on albatross contracts because a player is French Canadian or massively overpaying a trade for a French Canadian.
I know what you’re saying. But if a French player is slightly inferior to an Anglo player, they’re taking that French player. But yes, it is a thing.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Wow, 4 pages for another replacement forward signing. He's a Frolik 2.0 getting paid 950k, does not mean they will trade Drouin or Byron.

C'mon now.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Wow, 4 pages for another replacement forward signing. He's a Frolik 2.0 getting paid 950k, does not mean they will trade Drouin or Byron.

C'mon now.

I think they would like to unload both of them, but they just don't have value for other teams at their respective cap hits.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
How’s this guy only getting paid that much? I always notice him against the Habs. Good ole French Canadien boy.

Reactions: jetsforever

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

C'mon now.
Swing and a miss. Frolik was done when he was signed by Montreal, Perreault could have filled in in the top 6 this past year without looking out of place. He's still a very good player and will drive possession regardless of where he's slotted in.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I think they would like to unload both of them, but they just don't have value for other teams at their respective cap hits.
Yeah, but it's not like it's the Perreault signing that changes anything to the fact that Byron is overpaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad