Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Mathieu Perreault signs with the Canadiens (1 year, $950k)

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
I know what you’re saying. But if a French player is slightly inferior to an Anglo player, they’re taking that French player. But yes, it is a thing.

We've been lacking francos for years, a lot.. And anyway we didn't won anything. Cool to have a few now.

You literally just attributed the Hab playoff wins the last 2 years to having French players on the team, despite them being an extreme minority and not even core pieces aside from danault and drouin who didn’t even play this year. So yes, you proved my point.

Wow! He ''literally'' didn't write anything of the sort. Do you even read posts or you just pop up in Habs related threads with a caustic attitude?

Reactions: holy and HabsDood

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I disagree that he stinks on the PP. He's certainly not going to be on the #1 PP unit, but he was better than most at getting in front of the net and getting in the way, a grossly underrated skill.

Anytime the Jets scored a PP goal that was the result of a deflection in front of the net, or the puck going in off of someone's foot, or arm, or face, there was a good chance it was Perreault's. He was fearless.

I think he got pressured off the puck when he had it on his stick too often resulting in zone clears.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Wow! He ''literally'' didn't write anything of the sort. Do you even read posts or you just pop up in Habs related threads with a caustic attitude?
Dudes obsessed. It’s nice to see though, reminds me of posters who cling onto the Leafs nuts around here. Guy must’ve actually cried after game 6 hahaha.

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
He's good at face-offs and played lots of C in the past. It doesn't matter if he hasn't played C in Winnipeg for the last 5 years. Drouin hadn't played a lick of C and they still plugged him in to fill a hole. I have no doubt in my mind, this is Bergevin's Centre solution. (not that I agree with it)
I'm pretty sure he has said he prefers playing on the wing. I suspect it may be due to his injury history. Even when the Jets were extremely thin at center he wasn't played as one.

Reactions: CoopersFalls

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Gonna miss Machoo, guy never took a game off and came up with some big goals, downside were the dumb penalties!

Reactions: holy

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
By whom? 1 year/950k Matthieu Perreault? Gettibg-through-waiver-unclaimed Paul Byron? Qualification-offer Lehkonen?

These guys have no leverage. Depth is good, Bergevin gets it.

These guys are all players who can be everyday contributors to a team. Their contract status has no influence on that or their ability to request a trade. You're making a very odd argument.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
So now the Habs have 14 forwards in their lineup of which 10 are wingers. 16 with Poehling and Ylonen.

Bergevin preparing for a trade, maybe Drouin, Lehkonen KK leaving ?

Last edited:

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Im starting to think they signed all those quebecers just to relieve the pressure of being the only one on the team for Drouin

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Im starting to think they signed all those quebecers just to relieve the pressure of being the only one on the team for Drouin

Drouin have a 5,5M$ contract. I don't think they would spend an additional 5,4M$ so he can feel more comfortable. Are we even sure he'll still be there on opening night?

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You’re joking right? How didn’t he ???

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
He's good in the bottom 6, over matched in the top 6. I'd have him back on the Jets at that price. Good depth signing.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
I find it weird how Montreal is buying all the Francophones. Guess it's still a thing.
If you look for it and ignore all the many many years when they didn't, and if you consider a couple of guys "all the francophones", then yeah. Guess logic isn't a thing for some. :laugh:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
He's top 6 or bust. He isn't good enough for top 6 and is useless on bottom 6. But could help Montreal on pp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad