Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Mathieu Perreault signs with the Canadiens (1 year, $950k)

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
He's good at face-offs and played lots of C in the past. It doesn't matter if he hasn't played C in Winnipeg for the last 5 years. Drouin hadn't played a lick of C and they still plugged him in to fill a hole. I have no doubt in my mind, this is Bergevin's Centre solution. (not that I agree with it)

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

Jan 21, 2018
If your kids ever complain about having to learn French, show them this contract signing.

1 million dollars just because his last name sounds French.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Bergevin is a genious. I’m sure he’s expecting Montreal to have 5 good forward lines coming into the season!

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
The problem has never been francophone players. The problem is always particular plug francophone players being hyped by the desperate media and then coaches playing them 10 minutes a game more than they deserve.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
This is a steal that price. He will produce like 30 points and if used as a Center he will win 50% of faceoffs easily.
I always hated when we let him walk after the 2013-14 season.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Not a bad signing. Also he’s a Center and winger
His back is too injured to take faceoffs consistently. He's a winger at this point.

Amazed he didn't get more, he had a great season after not having a great one previous. I would have been happy taking him back at 2 million.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
He's good at face-offs and played lots of C in the past. It doesn't matter if he hasn't played C in Winnipeg for the last 5 years. Drouin hadn't played a lick of C and they still plugged him in to fill a hole. I have no doubt in my mind, this is Bergevin's Centre solution. (not that I agree with it)
See my last post. He has chronic back issues and can't take faceoffs. Some here and there, but he can't take them consistently anymore.

Reactions: Fenris

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The problem has never been francophone players. The problem is always particular plug francophone players being hyped by the desperate media and then coaches playing them 10 minutes a game more than they deserve.
Why did they have a short leash with Francois Beauchemin whom they drafted & then traded away ? He is one of my favorite players whom are retired.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
Are we rolling 5 lines ?

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Drouin - Evans - Anderson
Byron - Paquette - Armia
Perreault - Poehling - Lehkonen

I know there's injuries and you need backup but those are all players who deserve to play every night

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
I love Gallagher, i think the odd man out is Drouin to be honest. But if Bergevin is capable of moving out Gallagher and his contract, he has to do it. The guy is going downhill
He ain't, he was injured for most of the season and during the playoffs and did you see his face? Imagine the body.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Are we rolling 5 lines ?

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Drouin - Evans - Anderson
Byron - Paquette - Armia
Perreault - Poehling - Lehkonen

I know there's injuries and you need backup but those are all players who deserve to play every night

At least one of them will be traded before the season. We need a center and a PMD.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: