Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Mathieu Perreault signs with the Canadiens (1 year, $950k)

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You literally just attributed the Hab playoff wins the last 2 years to having French players on the team, despite them being an extreme minority and not even core pieces aside from danault and drouin who didn’t even play this year. So yes, you proved my point.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
You literally just attributed the Hab playoff wins the last 2 years to having French players on the team, despite them being an extreme minority and not even core pieces aside from danault and drouin who didn’t even play this year. So yes, you proved my point.
You misunderstood, I was pointing the fact that we didn't had much francos, for several years, back in 1986 and 1993 we had like 10 francos on the team and in the 70s and on.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You misunderstood, I was pointing the fact that we didn't had much francos, for several years, back in 1986 and 1993 we had like 10 francos on the team and in the 70s and on.
Sweet, your message specifically says the last couple years though. So that’s irrelevant. Anywho

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
Honestly I was looking at the remaining UFA list last night and I just had a gut feeling that Berg would either sign Brassard or Perreault before training camp.
Such a Berg thing to do.
My only surprise is that it wasn’t Brassard that we signed. Saw him as a better positional fit.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I know what you’re saying. But if a French player is slightly inferior to an Anglo player, they’re taking that French player. But yes, it is a thing.

Depends. That's not really a thing that happens much, and if you ask some fans, they pass on French Canadian players for lesser players too.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
If they do, they're going to be forced into a trade by the way of trade requests.
By whom? 1 year/950k Matthieu Perreault? Gettibg-through-waiver-unclaimed Paul Byron? Qualification-offer Lehkonen?

These guys have no leverage. Depth is good, Bergevin gets it.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
The problem has never been francophone players. The problem is always particular plug francophone players being hyped by the desperate media and then coaches playing them 10 minutes a game more than they deserve.
Yes and no… It’s all entertainment so whatever turns people on; but better grinders than DD, JD or PD at 1C (assuming marketing had anything to do with it). They seem like decent pickups for the $… And All the kids want to avoid the Canada covid bubble it seems so local players would make sense. A decent center via trade would not have a choice lol

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
Just my opinion, but I think he stinks on the PP. He's the type of guy that'll excel in a bottom line role, but has shown the ability to move up with injuries and not look out of place. For that cost, Montreal got a good player.
I disagree that he stinks on the PP. He's certainly not going to be on the #1 PP unit, but he was better than most at getting in front of the net and getting in the way, a grossly underrated skill.

Anytime the Jets scored a PP goal that was the result of a deflection in front of the net, or the puck going in off of someone's foot, or arm, or face, there was a good chance it was Perreault's. He was fearless.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00