Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Josh Anderson for Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick - pt.2

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think people underrated Josh Anderson. This guy is a perfect fit for Nick Suzuki. With the passing ability of Suzuki, Anderson can be a 30 goals, 60 points player in Habs! With 200 hits... That's pretty rare.
A lot of risk though. Coming off major surgery then many guys mail it in once they get the big contract.

Jul 6, 2016
A center with consistent 50-70 pts seasons for a crappy winger? wtf?

Domi is a consistent 50 points player, not 70. And with Dubois in front of him in Columbus, he won't make more than 50 again.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I’m wondering how Anaheim’s left d prospects are looking ? If it’s an area of weakness could they be interested in a package of Montreal’ s 2021 first , 2021 third, Jayden struble and Byron (cap reasons ) for Rakell .
Rakell Suzuki Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia
Poehling Evans Lekkonen

Would still leave 3plus for deadline deals. Tatar is a built in rental letting him walk in free agency next year .

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I’m wondering how Anaheim’s left d prospects are looking ? If it’s an area of weakness could they be interested in a package of Montreal’ s 2021 first , 2021 third, Jayden struble and Byron (cap reasons ) for Rakell .
Rakell Suzuki Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia
Poehling Evans Lekkonen

Would still leave 3plus for deadline deals. Tatar is a built in rental letting him walk in free agency next year .

Drouin will be attached to Suzuki's hip. The chemistry they had in the Flyers series will spill over into next season for sure.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I think people underrated Josh Anderson. This guy is a perfect fit for Nick Suzuki. With the passing ability of Suzuki, Anderson can be a 30 goals, 60 points player in Habs! With 200 hits... That's pretty rare.

One player hit 60 points on the Habs this season. I think you’re going to be disappointed with Anderson’s production. Especially when his body breaks down by age 30 like most other power forwards.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

So Suzuki's hitting 90-100 points next season?

Reactions: David25

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
One player hit 60 points on the Habs this season. I think you’re going to be disappointed with Anderson’s production. Especially when his body breaks down by age 30 like most other power forwards.

Habs only really had one line working last season and Suzuki was a rookie. Now with Anderson they have 2 top-6 lines and a very good 3rd line.

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson should be fun to watch.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Drouin will be attached to Suzuki's hip. The chemistry they had in the Flyers series will spill over into next season for sure.
With that top 9 you could arrange it whatever way you like ...
Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Rakell Kotkaniemi Armia

...looks ok to ...plus lekkonen is a nice insurance to move up if anyone is injured

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
this is gonna turn out to be a bad trade for Montreal imo. you know what you have in domi, solid 2 or 3c that can score goals and not hurt his team too much defensively. anderson is unproven and has had injury problems... while also lacking the upside of a guy like domi. I just don't get bergevin's train of thought on this

Reactions: Habs Icing

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In one thread, Domi is worth a second rounder and now that he's traded, he's a 50-70 point guy that was given away for what amounts to a one arm cripple.

As a Hab fan longer then before 80% in here were born, I'm fine with the trade. He reminds me of a young Leclair who would domimate a game with size and speed. Once he got paired with Lindros, he became a monster.

Unlike the vast expert opinion freely given and equally freely ignored, i'll wait until i actually see him playing with Suzuki to actually form an opinion. With Suzukis vision and Anderson power forward credentials.... we'll see who is right.

Reactions: Be a Hab

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
this is gonna turn out to be a bad trade for Montreal imo. you know what you have in domi, solid 2 or 3c that can score goals and not hurt his team too much defensively. anderson is unproven and has had injury problems... while also lacking the upside of a guy like domi. I just don't get bergevin's train of thought on this
Except Domi was relegated to 4C in the playoffs, because he couldn't play wing effectively and KK/Suzuki stepped up. There was no room for Domi on the Habs. He can't play (or refuses to) as a winger. He'll get a good opportunity on CBJ as their 2C though.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Except Domi was relegated to 4C in the playoffs, because he couldn't play wing effectively and KK/Suzuki stepped up. There was no room for Domi on the Habs. He can't play (or refuses to) as a winger. He'll get a good opportunity on CBJ as their 2C though.
idk much about the team situation, just commenting on the quality of the players involved in this deal. columbus got the better player, that's all the matters imo

Reactions: Habs Icing

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
He was working from a position of strength ( center ) to full a position of need ( size on wings ) .

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
idk much about the team situation, just commenting on the quality of the players involved in this deal. columbus got the better player, that's all the matters imo

Both teams satisfied needs. Columbus likely will get higher point production out of Domi. Habs get the presence they have been missing since... the 70's. Josh Anderson should make Suzuki/Drouin better.

For the Habs, Josh Anderson >>> Domi from a needs standpoint.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Both teams satisfied needs. Columbus likely will get higher point production out of Domi. Habs get the presence they have been missing since... the 70's. Josh Anderson should make Suzuki/Drouin better.
I don't watch the Habs much so I'll take your word for it, just wanted to get my two cents in

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Domi at his best 2018-19 vs Anderson at his best 2018-19 are pretty equal players . If your in need of a 2c ( good for Columbus) , if your in need of size on wings ( good for Montreal ) .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Can you tell that to our GM who deferred half our picks to next season...

If Habs only sign Anderson to a 2 year deal I’ll be pissed as he’s given 4-6 year deals to just about every mediocre player he could get his hands on
I’m betting you’ll see bergevin defer at least 2-3 picks next year to the following year as well . It’ll become a trend .

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
And the Habs as a team improved with the deal. That's all that really matters.

DC Comics

Dec 30, 2019
Domi is a consistent 50 points player, not 70. And with Dubois in front of him in Columbus, he won't make more than 50 again.
And the 70 points season came for a unbelievable stretch at the beginning of the season (first few months). He was killing it offensively but his line was given even more goals. The rest of the season, he looked like the 2019-2020 season and his time in Arizona.

DC Comics

Dec 30, 2019
Habs also got Petry from Edmonton for a second round pick.
Danault was a HUGE deal. Got romanov and Norlinder from the draft picks.
Joel Armia was obtained for a late pick.
MB has made good trades.
BTW I like Josh Anderson for Domi/3rd. Anderson is a rare player now in the game. He's a true power forward in his prime. Domi had no spot on the Habs now because it looks like Suzuki /KK will be 1/2 for center.
In the not good trade category, I will add Shaw for 2 X 2nd picks. One those picks turned to Debrincat... ouch!!! But loosing 2 trades over a couple of dozens is a pretty good average. MB is good at it. Better than Free Agents signing...

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017

The train of thought is that Anderson's shoulder injury is not the kind that weakens the shoulder. So if he is healthy, he is one of a very small number of powerforwards in the NHL. The Habs are a small team, and they desperately need size on the wings without sacrificing the speed that underpins their entire system. Anderson fits that bill. He gave up a little offence, perhaps. But with the emergence of Suzuki and Kotkaniemi, Domi was going to provide diminishing returns anyway. Essentially he traded from a position of strength to address a need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad