Waived: [MTL] Canadiens waive Keith Kinkaid (cleared)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
now that was a short lived Habs career...

Cayden Primeau, please stand up....
(he has been called up)
What a joke, always rushing prospects and then they have the audacity to pretend like it's the prospect's fault

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Thats actually not a terrible idea. Whats say Habs fans?

Im still pissed at Glasses for letting McBackup get away and keeping Sparks. Oh well.

As a habs fan I'm in. Kinkaid doesn't do anything for the Habs so why not capitalize on it and gains some assets?

Reactions: Deuce Awesome

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
surprised he cleared. To hear Leaf fans on here yesterday they would for sure claim him.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I see it as unnecessarily putting Primeau at risk

he's supposed to be an A level prospect but if Carey Price only has a save percentage of .898 in frot of that defense, how much better can Primeau do?

The real problem is the defense, Shouldnt they actually determine the real problem and try to fix that before acting rashly ?

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I can't believe how much you guys are protecting price. He has played like hot garbage. I really dislike his attitude but he is probably one of the best technicially sound butterfly goalies to grace the NHL.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I can't blame the goalies too much, our D-core has been trash or a while now. The only elite dman we have is Weber, i dont consider Petry elite because hes insanely inconsistent. The only consistent thing about Petry is that his play ALWAYS dips around this time of year. Sure he's a stud when hes on his game but thus far it's been impossible to get the best outta Petry year round.

Until we don't get another high end defensive stud our goalies will continue to struggle. Even Dubnyk looked terrible when he played for us. How long have we been saying this for tho? It's turning into the same issue we had @ finding good centers.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
no surprise, he's been terrible for 18 months. Bergevin continues to be incapable of scouting backup goalies

Reactions: mtnet

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
Don’t see an issue with sending Kinkaid down for a while to work on his game. I doubt the Habs are gonna keep Primeau up for long...unless he somehow plays so well they have no other choice. Give the kid a taste of the big leagues and give him a better idea of what to work on/focus on when he goes back to Laval

Reactions: Sick Nuzuki

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
He was an off the board pick that surprised many people. Maybe he wasn't deserving of the 3rd overall pick? Hab fans can defend him but he has completely stunk this season and a big chunk of last season. Hab fans are notorious for over valuing their youth. You guys claimed Brookes was an elite top pairing player and KK was a top line centre. Your GM made the cardinal mistake of passing on BPA for a need passing on Brady and Quintin was just dumb on his part. Poeling another kid that anointed God after 1 game. Thank God I refused to adhere to my French Roots and chose to follow the Nucks when we moved here in the 80s. To see what looks like a team with zero future with such a rich history sucks.

Lots of weird claims here but okay where to start.

QHughes was ranked below Kotkaneimi at the time of the draft. He would have been more of a reach.

Brady Tkachuk wasn't considered the BPA, that was Zadina. Tkachuk's scouting report at the time read something like 'big kid, NHL ready, lack of high end skill and speed means he will likely reach his ceiling but his ceiling won't be as high as others in the draft'. I can't think of a single scout who had him 3oa.

Yes the Brook claims were premature and exaggerated but give it time before evaluating players, his CHL play was great and too early to evaluate.

Kotkaneimi is 19, wisdom would be to wait until he's 22 to give him a final grade. He still has top line potential and it's crazy to not see that. Whether he's likely to reach that or not is a different debate but it's pretty asinine to make claims that the 4th youngest player in the league is a bust.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I compare this to boxing. Every up and comer in boxing gets thrown to the lions every now and then. In the gym, you spar someone who outclasses you every few months and you get to see how much further you have to go. Those little tastes of your potential is what pulls you to reach it.

Primeau isn't being tossed into the NHL full-time, he's getting 1-3 games while Kinkaid is down building confidence.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I see it as unnecessarily putting Primeau at risk

he's supposed to be an A level prospect but if Carey Price only has a save percentage of .898 in frot of that defense, how much better can Primeau do?

The real problem is the defense, Shouldnt they actually determine the real problem and try to fix that before acting rashly ?

Agree here - I wonder what Management is thinking here. If CP does well, they get the "trade price" pressure, and if he doesnt, they get the "Management doesnt know how to evaluate and develop youngsters". Where is the win for there here? All i can think of is that they did this as a smoke screen to take pressure off the other players.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I can't believe how much you guys are protecting price. He has played like hot garbage. I really dislike his attitude but he is probably one of the best technicially sound butterfly goalies to grace the NHL.

This is why people always give Price the benefit of the doubt. He is still as smooth as ever, which leads everyone (including me) believe everything is fine with him. Price can still be an absolute world owner in net but something looks way too often sorta off in his mental game, it's sometimes like he's not even trying (possible attitude issues like you said). And it's not like he just generated this weird problem, it's been like this since like early 2017 or something. It drives me nuts.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Agree here - I wonder what Management is thinking here. If CP does well, they get the "trade price" pressure, and if he doesnt, they get the "Management doesnt know how to evaluate and develop youngsters". Where is the win for there here? All i can think of is that they did this as a smoke screen to take pressure off the other players.

Probably create a little pressure for Price. He's never had a back-up/goalie partner that probably factored into the organizations plans long-term since 2010.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Probably create a little pressure for Price. He's never had a back-up/goalie partner that probably factored into the organizations plans long-term since 2010.

Valid point, i guess. Lindgren wouldn't provide that level of threat, so it makes sense.
What makes me doubt is that Price said at the beginning of the year that he didnt want to babysit, which makes me think that he's had this discussion with the coach and or GM.
So I see threepossibilities:
- Is Lindgren a baby? (looking to Price for mentoring too much)
- Are they ignoring his comment?
- Do they evaluate Primeau as a goalie that wouldn't bother Price

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Valid point, i guess. Lindgren wouldn't provide that level of threat, so it makes sense.
What makes me doubt is that Price said at the beginning of the year that he didnt want to babysit, which makes me think that he's had this discussion with the coach and or GM.
So I see threepossibilities:
- Is Lindgren a baby? (looking to Price for mentoring too much)
- Are they ignoring his comment?
- Do they evaluate Primeau as a goalie that wouldn't bother Price

It might be a message that Price has to play at a level that justifies capitulating to his back-up desires. If you want to make demands or have wishes followed that aren't in your contract/terms of employment, your performance better justify that.

Price had been been playing really well prior to the losing skid and D has absolutely been an issue, but you have to do more if you want to, as a player, dictate personnel moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad