Confirmed Trade: [MTL/ARI] Christian Dvorak for 2022 1st round pick and 2024 2nd round pick [Part II]

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm real curious on what western conference teams are interested in him. They gotta be teams that have comprehensive pro scouting reports on him. If it's more than one team Montreal could get a fair return.

He's going to make $4.45M per season. Half point per game on bad teams. Still only 26. I don't see the Habs getting a first round pick back for him but maybe someone like the Canucks want to keep collecting Coyotes players? Maybe the Habs take a cap dump to up the price? A few options I guess.

I would think they get a 1st back no problem but if they don't then you don't trade him.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I wouldn't trade him for a first. Just keep the player. He's shown he can play and has just been stuck on trash can teams his entire career. There's potential for more and he plays an important position. Don't leave Suzuki alone.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I wouldn't trade him for a first. Just keep the player. He's shown he can play and has just been stuck on trash can teams his entire career. There's potential for more and he plays an important position. Don't leave Suzuki alone.

Agree, he is on pace 39 points in 82 games this year, not bad at all with the situation of Habs.

I really think that he can show more... he is at least a good 3rd line C for sure. If Habs draft Wright, Wright, Suzuki, Dvorak, Evans, Poehling it's a good core at C for long time.

Reactions: Montsaint

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
He's been a 35-45 pts center throughout his career.

He's your typical middle 6 center. He can play against the best opposite players but not elite doing so.

We're far from Danault in that regard.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Just saying that gained first round pick is somewhat top 10 protected. The Habs gave the worst ranked pick to the Yotes in that trade. Unless the Habs are going on a 20 game winning spree, they will draft first or second overall this summer.
Works for me.

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
He's been a 35-45 pts center throughout his career.

He's your typical middle 6 center. He can play against the best opposite players but not elite doing so.

We're far from Danault in that regard.
He's type of a player that good teams never extend. Some bad teams may overpay him in UFA. Only Montréal pays 1st round pick to acquire him.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Not sure if I’ve ever seen a player so disinterested/unemotional to ever play the game. It’s like a Million Ways to Die in the West, you can’t find a picture of the guy ever smiling.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Dvorak was high end 3rd line center in Arizona, if he can play at that level in Montreal i don't think this is a loss for Montreal.

If the pick would've been 15ish like we hoped, sure it would have been big win for Arizona, but i don't think late first + 2nd is a loss for Montreal

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'd trade Comtois for him. I think his play style would mesh better with zegras.

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
The conditions on the 1st round pick are baffling for Coyotes.

Montreal dodges a huge bullet though, surprised Arizona didn't just ask for the 2023 1st from Montreal, unprotected if the 2022 pick was top 10?
The Carolina 1st will probably be in the late 20's now

You could argue that 2023 Montreal 1st will be top 3-5 as well.

yotes-habs trade.PNG

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
The conditions on the 1st round pick are baffling for Coyotes.

Montreal dodges a huge bullet though, surprised Arizona didn't just ask for the 2023 1st from Montreal, unprotected if the 2022 pick was top 10?
The Carolina 1st will probably be in the late 20's now

You could argue that 2023 Montreal 1st will be top 3-5 as well.

View attachment 509101
You mean like Bedard, cause that's what Havs are aiming for

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
So they knew they were gonna tear it down on September 4th, 2021 when this trade was made?
With their #1 D retiring, their #1 G possibly retiring, their defensively elite #2 C and their 3C out, Bergevin MIGHT have had the foresight to predict that Montreal was going to falter, them already being a lower tier team the past couple of season.

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
With their #1 D retiring, their #1 G possibly retiring, their defensively elite #2 C and their 3C out, Bergevin MIGHT have had the foresight to predict that Montreal was going to falter, them already being a lower tier team the past couple of season.

Why make the trade then?
Not even criticizing Montreal here, they got lucky with those conditions on the pick, more wondering why Arizona dropped the ball.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

I have about 638 reasons that I can crap on Bergevin for but at the time of this trade, he had no idea about the Price stuff. At that time of the off season, the expectation was he was going to be ready for right around the beginning of the season.

Reactions: zeeto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad