Confirmed Trade: [MTL/ARI] Christian Dvorak for 2022 1st round pick and 2024 2nd round pick [Part II]

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Divine said:
what's your point?

So are we removing all of Dvorak's PP goals or just the ice time but the stats still count? If we look at even-strength goals, then Dvorak's career high in goals is 13 goals by the way, the same as Danault. Scored in Dvorak's rookie/2nd season.

In fact, in 19-20 season, they scored the same number of ES goals. So to act like Dvorak is some sort of prominent goal scorer versus Danault, it's not true. He needs the PP to score goals, which Danault was not given. Dvorak also plays more, even without PP time.

That's my point.

The stat adding/removing goes both way buddy. So what you said is Danault scored just as many goals with much more ice time(without any PP) then Dvorak. Not really sure how you got out of that that Danault>Dvorak

By the way, with 13 even strength goals for Dvorak and Danault, if Dvorak needs the PP to score, then that would mean so does Danault. Please try to make sense.

P.S. I think Danault is better then Dvorak, but the silly arguing to try and belittle Dvorak now that he's a Habs needs to stop

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
rt said:
I’m guessing Montreal’s pick will be 13th-19th overall. The type of prospects usually in that range are like Schneider, Harley, Mercer, Krebs, Reichel, Newhook, Guhle, Caufield, Amirov, York, Holloway, Knight, Jarvis, and Boldy. I’d have been thrilled to trade Dvorak for 4/5 of those guys. Even without a 2nd rounder. Even if we had to eat a camp dump to get them.

It's supposed to be a strong draft, too. The Habs really need to make the playoffs or finish in the bottom 10. If they just fall short it's going to hurt.

Reactions: samsagat

kife

Dec 18, 2011
Ha - I've seen comments here that Dvorak will register 70 pts with the Habs. That is a pretty hefty overevaluation. Habs fans may have to realize that they just spent a first and second on essentially a slightly better Chris Tierney...What boggles my mind is that the same fans that are saying that Dvorak is a steal at this price and that he is a second line center where the same group who denigrated the payment for JG Pageau by the Islanders. Pageau is superior to Dvorak in every way possible and I would never consider him a second line center.

Reactions: Roysakic

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Ha - I've seen comments here that Dvorak will register 70 pts with the Habs. That is a pretty hefty overevaluation. Habs fans may have to realize that they just spent a first and second on essentially a slightly better Chris Tierney...What boggles my mind is that the same fans that are saying that Dvorak is a steal at this price and that he is a second line center where the same group who denigrated the payment for JG Pageau by the Islanders. Pageau is superior to Dvorak in every way possible and I would never consider him a second line center.

LOL. True. On a good team, Dvorak is a 3C. On the Habs, with so little Centre depth, he's a 2C.

He won't get anywhere near 70 points. Try 35-40. It's a helluva lot closer to what the reality will be.

Last edited:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Dvorak through his first five seasons has had these points per game;
0.42, 0.47, 0.35, 0.54, 0.55

In his third season he only played 20 games. Take out that injury season and his numbers are slowly climbing by a little bit each year. If he stays at his around 0.55 points per game that is a 45 point season over a full 82 game schedule.

To the people saying that he is only a third line center their are very few third line centers who are at or over half point per game while still having the ability to match up against the opponents top lines.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
People trying hard to push that ''now that Dvorak is a Habs he is suddenly good'' narrative. This hold no ground. Look at this board and the proposals for Dvorak the past few months, some serious offers were thrown at Arizona for acquiring Dvorak by different teams, with Coyotes fans asking the moon. Dvorak has been perceived as a very good 2nd line centre for a long time. MTL getting him does not change that.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
It's supposed to be a strong draft, too. The Habs really need to make the playoffs or finish in the bottom 10. If they just fall short it's going to hurt.
well that will give you something to root for all season. good luck with that .

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I am not a fan of Bergevin, the development of KK has been poorly handled but I don't think he could have done much better. I assume Hertl was too expensive and by selecting Dvorak, Bergevin gets soemthing very important : a 2C with cost certainty, meaning he can build safely around Suzuki and Caufield.

While I still believe Bergevin's strategy (based on Price being elite) is not the best way to build an NHL team, his strategy is coherent right now. Everybody was complaining about Habs PP : he brings Hoffman and Dvorak. Sure the Habs lost big on D with Danault but I am not that sure that Savard is a big downgrade compared to an injured Weber.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I am not a fan of Bergevin, the development of KK has been poorly handled but I don't think he could have done much better. I assume Hertl was too expensive and by selecting Dvorak, Bergevin gets soemthing very important : a 2C with cost certainty, meaning he can build safely around Suzuki and Caufield.

While I still believe Bergevin's strategy (based on Price being elite) is not the best way to build an NHL team, his strategy is coherent right now. Everybody was complaining about Habs PP : he brings Hoffman and Dvorak. Sure the Habs lost big on D with Danault but I am not that sure that Savard is a big downgrade compared to an injured Weber.
I agree, Dvorak brings something to the table on the ice and just as important brings a contract that fits within the structure. We have very little margin going forward so this is about as good as it could get in regards of the whole KK OS thing.

I think we need to find a 3C still, I’m worried about our depth and Evans is one concussion away from a long stint on IR.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I agree, Dvorak brings something to the table on the ice and just as important brings a contract that fits within the structure. We have very little margin going forward so this is about as good as it could get in regards of the whole KK OS thing.

I think we need to find a 3C still, I’m worried about our depth and Evans is one concussion away from a long stint on IR.

At some point you need to trust your youth. Wingers have experience, at some point you need to trust Poehling to play between them and alternate with Evans and Paquette if he needs some rest.

Gallagher - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Dvorak - Toffoli
Drouin - Evans - Anderson
Lekhonen - Poehling - Armia

I think Anderson cannot really fit on a possesion line but with Evans and Drouin you have one fast skating line. I believe you need Gallagher with Caufield and Suzuki for net presence.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Dvorak first 2 months of the season:
21 GP: 16 points

Rest of the season:
35 GP: 15 points.
The Habs should tell him every 2 months that it's a new season
guy-with-black-jacket-think.gif

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

as usual Habs have bad seasons/good picks in shitty drafts and good seasons/bad picks in good drafts

but like, it's not like a 11-30 pick is a guaranteed success, or could take a while to reach that ceiling.

Idk the exact % of draftees in that range who go on to have a significant NHL career, or even who ends up better than a Dvorak (say 3rd line and up), but say we're generous and it's 60%. Then wait 2-3 years for them to play a ull NHL season, 4-5 to actually be better than Dvorak now. Well, the team has a new coach, probably 90% of the team is different, GM is most likely different etc. So, Dvorak is likely the better option here for a good 5 years period.

Although I would have loved to see what Poehling could do at 2C, an injury at C would have put a definite X on the season. I know some will say "tank for Wright", but most gm's in their right mind won't consciously go for being worst in the league for a 15% chance at the picks...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Rest of the season:

When Habs picked up Max Domi he had back to back 9 goals season for the Coyotes.....first season with Montreal he scored 28 and finished with 72 points...

Dylan Strome could'nt make the Coyotes roster in his first 3seasons...play a grand total of 48 games had 16pts...7goals.His First year out of Arizona with the Hawks he had 17goals 51points in 58games.

Is it out of the question to speculate Dvorak who coming off 17 and 18 goals seasons , has a big increase in production year 1 in Montreal? A betting man thinks so.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2009
éal

Rest of the season:
So he was productive when the Coyotes was still battling for a playoff spot and then he struggled when the team gave up.

I would be more concerned if he pilled up points at the end of the season, with nothing on the line, like some players on bottom dwellers team do.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Everyone is convinced the habs will be shit here so the habs will maintain a good draft pick. Arizona gets the lower of the two and the 2nd rounder is for 2024.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
as usual Habs have bad seasons/good picks in shitty drafts and good seasons/bad picks in good drafts

but like, it's not like a 11-30 pick is a guaranteed success, or could take a while to reach that ceiling.

Idk the exact % of draftees in that range who go on to have a significant NHL career, or even who ends up better than a Dvorak (say 3rd line and up), but say we're generous and it's 60%. Then wait 2-3 years for them to play a ull NHL season, 4-5 to actually be better than Dvorak now. Well, the team has a new coach, probably 90% of the team is different, GM is most likely different etc. So, Dvorak is likely the better option here for a good 5 years period.

Although I would have loved to see what Poehling could do at 2C, an injury at C would have put a definite X on the season. I know some will say "tank for Wright", but most gm's in their right mind won't consciously go for being worst in the league for a 15% chance at the picks...

The Habs have too many good players to be able to tank with the likes of Buffalo, Anaheim, and Arizona.

It's not guarantee that Arizona will get a player in that range, nor would it mean that acquiring Dvorak was a bad move if they did. But the draft is in Montreal, and that will magnify the potential of those prospects for all the fans and media. If they miss the playoffs, it's going to get ugly.

Reactions: abo9
Aug 25, 2009
éal
LOL. True. On a good team, Dvorak is a 3C. On the Habs, with so little Centre depth, he's a 2C.

He won't get anywhere near 70 points. Try 35-40. It's a helluva lot closer to what the reality will be.

Dvorak would be the no 2 centre on a few good teams : the Bruins, the Islanders, the Golden Knights.

He would also be a no 2 centre for serious playoff pretenders like the Stars, the Rangers, the Jets...

Reactions: NobleSix and Souker

Souker

Feb 10, 2020

Even on a good team Dvorak could be a 2C.
Dvorak is a proven 2 way 2nd line center (and a very good one), exactly like many teams chose to go with for that position - to say he’s anything less or more is just plain ignorance.

Also Dvorak>Danault. Yes Danault may be a bit better defensively but Dvorak can facilitate offence much more effectively while keeping a solid 2 way game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad