Confirmed Trade: [MTL/ARI] Christian Dvorak for 2022 1st round pick and 2024 2nd round pick [Part II]

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
And you can't retain every player at whatever price you like.

Who said so?
I feel like you're arguing against strawman here.

Dale Weise never produced at a top six rate. So no.

In 2015-2016 Canadiens he was on pace for 38 points, playing at top-6 at times. But you do realize my point is not to say Dale Weise is top-6 player. Just to show how rubbish players can artificially raise their value in top-6 duty.

Should also be noted that KK is playing for a team where everything has gone right this year while Dvorak is playing for a team where everything has gone wrong. Everyone is having a good year in Carolina. NOBODY is having a good year in Montreal.

Another thing that should be noted is the Canadiens dilemma: Every player gets an excuse for his situation, yet you can't blame anyone for playing bad.

Kotkaniemi really is the big winner here. But the Habs made the right decision letting him go at that ridiculous $6M cost. We can probably both agree he does better now in Carolina than he'd do on this disaster Habs team, and you wouldn't be screaming how he's worth way more than a 1st. What were the options there, really?

You're assuming a lot. What were the options. Are you trying to narrow it to a point where things before offer sheet do not matter? But I did answer you - again, before you even asked such question - Canadiens F'ed up on every step.

One thing that is clear, that first round pick should've not been wasted on Dvorak. To make it even worse, it could've been as high as 11th overall, yowzer!

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Who said so?
I feel like you're arguing against strawman here.

In 2015-2016 Canadiens he was on pace for 38 points, playing at top-6 at times. But you do realize my point is not to say Dale Weise is top-6 player. Just to show how rubbish players can artificially raise their value in top-6 duty.

Another thing that should be noted is the Canadiens dilemma: Every player gets an excuse for his situation, yet you can't blame anyone for playing bad.

You're assuming a lot. What were the options. Are you trying to narrow it to a point where things before offer sheet do not matter? But I did answer you - again, before you even asked such question - Canadiens F'ed up on every step.

One thing that is clear, that first round pick should've not been wasted on Dvorak. To make it even worse, it could've been as high as 11th overall, yowzer!

It's okay for you to assume a lot of things, but not for me? Alright.

Jul 6, 2016
I am dreaming that Habs deal "Smily" Dvorak far away from Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad