Moving on from Jones?

treefiddy

Errr'day Trollin'
May 8, 2013
San Jose
except my opinions make sense and yours don't.

Yours make sense? Lol that’s hilarious...

How in the f*** are you gonna prove to me Jones gives up 16 goals tonight?

How many times has he given up 16?

Hell, how many times has he given up 6?

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

How in the **** are you gonna prove to me Jones gives up 16 goals tonight?

When it comes to hockey, I'm almost never wrong. So at least I have that going for me.

You on the other hand....

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Answer the question then. How many times has Jones given up 16 goals? 6 goals?

I'm not gonna skim through YEARS of box scores to answer this. Literally nobody else on this board can defend Jones after the horrendous effort he's given this season. Nobody except you.

Reactions: Phu

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

How in the **** are you gonna prove to me Jones gives up 16 goals tonight?

Jones is rarely given the opportunity to allow 6 goals because Dell usually comes in for him after 3-5.

Since 2016-2017, Dell has a GAA of 6.00 or higher in 4 of his starts. Jones has a GAA of 6.00 or higher in 10 of his starts.

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Jones is rarely given the opportunity to allow 6 goals because Dell usually comes in for him after 3-5.

Since 2016-2017, Dell has a GAA of 6.00 or higher in 4 of his starts. Jones has a GAA of 6.00 or higher in 10 of his starts.

even those stats are hard to rely on because Jones was a decent goaltender before the start of this season.

treefiddy

Errr'day Trollin'
May 8, 2013
San Jose
I'm not gonna skim through YEARS of box scores to answer this. Literally nobody else on this board can defend Jones after the horrendous effort he's given this season. Nobody except you.

I’m definitely not the only one.

But there are a shit ton of you for whom Jones can do no right and Dell can do no wrong.

The answer is 3 times he’s given up 6 goals. None of them the last 2 seasons.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I’m definitely not the only one.

But there are a **** ton of you for whom Jones can do no right and Dell can do no wrong.

The answer is 3 times he’s given up 6 goals. None of them the last 2 seasons.

There is literally nobody on this board who supports Dell the way that you support Jones. Not one. People on here really only talk about Dell relative to how much better he is than Jones.

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
It's not a matter of right or wrong. Its a matter of Jones losing his ability to play the damn position. Dell is a backup. Dell has never been a starter. Dell can AT LEAST making a timely save or three, especially tonight.

treefiddy

Errr'day Trollin'
May 8, 2013
San Jose
It's not a matter of right or wrong. Its a matter of Jones losing his ability to play the damn position. Dell is a backup. Dell has never been a starter. Dell can AT LEAST making a timely save or three, especially tonight.

Oh, yeah. Let’s ignore the great saves Jones has made in games, and counter with Dell made some tonight....

...even though he allowed 6 goals

varano

Jun 27, 2013
What on earth was deboer thinking in leaving Dell in the game after the first period??

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Maybe he wanted both of our goalies' confidences shot and not just one?

It was pretty clear how the game would play out after going 3-0 down. The fact that Baker said Jones would have let in at least 8 was a first for me. Nothing like your own broadcasters throwing your goalie under the bus, but on national tv? Dang.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
It was pretty clear how the game would play out after going 3-0 down. The fact that Baker said Jones would have let in at least 8 was a first for me. Nothing like your own broadcasters throwing your goalie under the bus, but on national tv? Dang.

Wait, Baker said this? Time stamp please?

After reading that, I think it’s fair to say this season is the weirdest season ever.

undercovernerd

Apr 18, 2014
Bend, OR / Bay Area, CA
I don’t think baker meant that. I took it as “if dell didn’t play as well as he did, it would’ve been worse”

I do not believe he was referring to jones at all.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
No way did Baker mean to throw shade at Jones. He was just trying to say Dell did well despite the score. Personally think Dell should have stopped at least half of the goals against but it's not like we scored anyway.

Reactions: Herschel

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
While goaltending is an issue this year, the far greater issue has been team defense. Before we cast shade at goalies and debate which of the two the team should ice, they need to fix the defensive structure and at least give the goalies some semblance of support.

If I'm reading the stats correctly, we have given up the 5th most HDCA, and while i can't seem to find any data on this, i'd be willing to be we are close to the top in odd-man rushes against. That sucks for a goalie. This is not to absolve Jones or Dell for poor play, but it certainly makes their job harder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad