OT: Movies are basically flipbooks for adults (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thraed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
yeah I'm just saying that I can't watch everything I'd like.

I do need to start watching stuff while I run. Sadly the little tray to hold a phone or tablet on the treadmill is really low at the gym I go to, so it's awkward to watch while I run.
I have this suction cup phone holder that I use for when I run and when I row.

It was like 20 bucks on Amazon and came with a car attachment too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
oh wow that's actually a really good idea. I even was joking that I should tape it to the thing, but a suction cup is much more reasonable :laugh:
I got frustrated and even tried to use a velcro thing I bought that was just literally a roll of it and stuck it on some of the machines hoping the gym wouldn't notice, they noticed lol.

My gf was like why don't you just use that one in the car? It ended up working really well on the machines, also no gym warnings!

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I got frustrated and even tried to use a velcro thing I bought that was just literally a roll of it and stuck it on some of the machines hoping the gym wouldn't notice, they noticed lol.

My gf was like why don't you just use that one in the car? It ended up working really well on the machines, also no gym warnings!
Nice, I'll have to order one.

Also, I hate waiting between episodes. I'm caught up with Barry and it kills me to wait a week now. I am totally spoiled by binge watching everything lately.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Nice, I'll have to order one.

Also, I hate waiting between episodes. I'm caught up with Barry and it kills me to wait a week now. I am totally spoiled by binge watching everything lately.
I stopped watching half way through the 1st season so I have a lot to catch up on for Barry. I think the last episode I saw was when he opens up on the hitmen waiting in the car and then I got side tracked with work.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I stopped watching half way through the 1st season so I have a lot to catch up on for Barry. I think the last episode I saw was when he opens up on the hitmen waiting in the car and then I got side tracked with work.
I like that they are shorter episodes. The first season is only eight 30 minute episodes. Just watched S2E3. So the whole series is like 5 and a half hours right now. It's way less daunting than some of these big long series I want to watch.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I like that they are shorter episodes. The first season is only eight 30 minute episodes. Just watched S2E3. So the whole series is like 5 and a half hours right now. It's way less daunting than some of these big long series I want to watch.
The hour long episodes are draining sometimes. If a season is only 8 episodes long, sure I can maybe work that into my schedule, but when you have like 20 of those 45min episodes, f*** man, I need to find a website that lets me know which episodes I can skip and not miss anything story wise.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The hour long episodes are draining sometimes. If a season is only 8 episodes long, sure I can maybe work that into my schedule, but when you have like 20 of those 45min episodes, **** man, I need to find a website that lets me know which episodes I can skip and not miss anything story wise.
I can't make myself skip episodes. I just find different shows at this point. Not many shows can keep top form for that many episodes. I'm glad the trend has been to move to shorter seasons lately. Hell, a lot of stuff still feels like they are dragging things out with 10-12 episode seasons.

Just ordered a suction cup, it should be here Wednesday. Now I guess I need to pick a gym show.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can't make myself skip episodes. I just find different shows at this point. Not many shows can keep top form for that many episodes. I'm glad the trend has been to move to shorter seasons lately. Hell, a lot of stuff still feels like they are dragging things out with 10-12 episode seasons.

Just ordered a suction cup, it should be here Wednesday. Now I guess I need to pick a gym show.
Today in the morning, I literally ran for 45mins watching Viceland's episode on Macho Man Randy Savage. I didn't even know 45mins had passed.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Today in the morning, I literally ran for 45mins watching Viceland's episode on Macho Man Randy Savage. I didn't even know 45mins had passed.
QKJslBG.gif

And yeah, having something to look at other than the f***ing clocks (there are like 5 clocks in view of the treadmills) would be so much better. I try not to look at them, but that's pretty much all there is. They have TV's on the treadmills, but they only have like 7 channels. Unless a decent sport is on ESPN, NBC, or local, there's nothing. I don't know how people can run and watch the news or HGTV, which are the only other options :laugh: And guess what? Sports still have f***ing clocks :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
QKJslBG.gif

And yeah, having something to look at other than the ****ing clocks (there are like 5 clocks in view of the treadmills) would be so much better.
Haha yeah, we have a digital clock in 3 spots that has the hour, minutes, and seconds and you can't help but stare at the seconds and I get why its there - for the circuit training wankers and the annoying Crossfit douches. But I don't want to stare at it and fixate on it.

The episode is well done, a lot of WWE/F and WCW guys talking about the most electrifying wrestler of all time.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Haha yeah, we have a digital clock in 3 spots that has the hour, minutes, and seconds and you can't help but stare at the seconds and I get why its there - for the circuit training wankers and the annoying Crossfit *****es. But I don't want to stare at it and fixate on it.

The episode is well done, a lot of WWE/F and WCW guys talking about the most electrifying wrestler of all time.
It's like, I'll be running along just fine kind of spaced out in some sort of thought. And then I catch the clock out of the corner of my eye, look away for 3 minutes, then look back and it's only actually been 15 seconds.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's like, I'll be running along just fine kind of spaced out in some sort of thought. And then I catch the clock out of the corner of my eye, look away for 3 minutes, then look back and it's only actually been 15 seconds.
Yeah, its why I turn off the screen on the treadmill, if the treadmill doesn't have that option I use the rowing machine.

I wear a watch but I also wear it facing my my palm so I have to turn my arm to see the time. Everything feels like its going by slower when you suddenly catch the time.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Viceland thing is good, because you get a sense of Macho man and how he was with Liz. That he was super protective and almost smothering and controlling, but when he left for WCW, he brought Liz back even while they were going through their divorce. 250k to barely be on WCW while she was hooking up with Lex (while married) and popping pills with Lex.

You really get an idea of how much of a piece of shit Lex is.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ok so Palpatine is back.

Movie is called The Rise of Skywalker, but uh...aren't they all dead (well I guess Leia isn't yet in the movie). So what, now they're going to back track and reveal Rey is a Skywalker? Ben is a half Skywalker and goes by Ben Solo as his given birth name.

More close ups of Rey breathing heavily with the dumb puzzled look on her face from the previous 2 movies abound!

Man, whatever, final episode of this saga. Curious what they reboot the new 3 movies into with Rhian.

I have very little faith in people last named Johnson.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Haunting of Hill House is really ****ing good.
They adapted the book incredibly well to work in a series.

I'm actually glad they didn't turn it into some shitty movie to jam all of that into it. Although I don't know if you've heard, they might bring it back for a Season 2 as an Anthology type of series.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think he was better off with editors and at least something resembling deadlines though. He just keeps adding and spreading everything out. No clue how he can have a satisfying ending in two books from where it's at. But here's hoping. But I think someone to tell him no a bit more often in books 4 and 5 would have helped a ton even with the books.

Absolutely. Books 4 and 5 (which GRRM considers 1 book - and technically are 1 book) establishes ... well not that much. It gives us a few more players including Lady Stoneheart (which GRRM said on a few occasions that he is upset Lady Stoneheart never made it to the TV show --- but she does so very little. All she does is kill some Frey's and at this point is hanging on a cliff hanger that she is luring Jamie Lannister to her to kill him). Also 4 & 5 offer massive amounts of world building and a mess of convuluted story-lines.

From the books standpoint GRRM has world builded himself into a corner with all of the main plot-lines and dozens of side plots that are virtually impossible to wrap up.

I wish he just kept it to the original plan of making it a 3 book series.
I mean there isn't even a Night King in the books is there? The books are so different.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
yeah I know where to watch it, there are just too many shows to watch. Justified is also on the list. And 100 others. Especially now that I have HBO again.

Oh, and I want to play a ton of games too. And watch a ton of movies. And go to the gym more. And and and :laugh:

Hey you play a lot of games right. Do you use PC as you primary platform? If so, what GPU do you use and how well does it work?

My 780Ti melted and I have been GPU-less for a few months, but I'm going to buy a new card wednesday or thursday when I get my tax return. I'm thinking the Nvidia 10 series - possibly the 1070 or 1080Ti. Maybe even a new monitor to match. Maybe a Predator curved monitor (for games and movies too oooooo mama.)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hey you play a lot of games right. Do you use PC as you primary platform? If so, what GPU do you use and how well does it work?

My 780Ti melted and I have been GPU-less for a few months, but I'm going to buy a new card wednesday or thursday when I get my tax return. I'm thinking the Nvidia 10 series - possibly the 1070 or 1080Ti. Maybe even a new monitor to match. Maybe a Predator curved monitor (for games and movies too oooooo mama.)

RX580

I can play DMC5 on very high settings without an issue. Other than that, I honestly haven't tried much else in terms of high end graphics. I buy stuff once the price goes down since I am so far behind in playing the games I already own anyway. The GPU came with DMC5 and RE2 remake so those are my only real new games. But so far I've had no issues playing what I've wanted on good settings.

My monitors are pretty cheap. Like $100 each.

Reactions: shoplifter

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Ok so Palpatine is back.

Movie is called The Rise of Skywalker, but uh...aren't they all dead (well I guess Leia isn't yet in the movie). So what, now they're going to back track and reveal Rey is a Skywalker? Ben is a half Skywalker and goes by Ben Solo as his given birth name.

More close ups of Rey breathing heavily with the dumb puzzled look on her face from the previous 2 movies abound!

Man, whatever, final episode of this saga. Curious what they reboot the new 3 movies into with Rhian.

I have very little faith in people last named Johnson.

I just knew you were going to have issues with it. :laugh:

Did you get to see any of the Mandalorian footage? Seems like it'd be more your style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce