OT: Movies are basically flipbooks for adults (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thraed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
It's not even that. It's sort of the same old same old and people are ok with that sort of subpar ****. I'd rather see a show about Vader. Even if it as a one off mini series like a horror show.

There isn’t even a trailer for these and you’re saying they’ll suck. Dude, chill for a bit and let life breathe.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My wife and I are finishing up a re-watch of GOT. While I'm excited for the new season, the last season was kind of weak, everything felt rushed trying to wrap everything up. Hopefully the last season is better.

I'm sure GRRM is having a hard time wrapping everything up in the books too, especially when he just keeps adding on more and more subplots and characters. No way those books ever get finished.
I still enjoy GoT, but it's a completely different show before and after season 4. I just really hope it gets a bit more back to it's roots for the last season. I understand things aren't going to slow back down to the original pace, but I just want to feel like there are consequences to the character's actions again. And it would be hard with the ice zombies, but I hope they at least find a way to bring some shades of grey back to the humans as opposed to being clear good guys vs bad guys. I think there's a chance for that with Dani and Jaime at least, but I don't think we'll see Jon or Cersei as anything but cartoon good and bad guys.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I might have to stay up and watch it.

On at 2am here.

I'm busy Monday so wouldn't be able to watch until the afternoon and I don't want it ruined

I woke up today feeling like it was a day of fantasy. Surreal even! After 20 some months the day is here.
20 some odd months ago
I said, I HAVE TO WAIT NEARLY 2 YEARS FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!

And quick as can... that day is here. 'Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'.... into the fuuuuuutureeeeeee'

IM SO f***ING PUMPED!

I refuse to leave the house without watching the episode tonight. My luck is I'll step outside or talk to someone and they will say...... 'CAN YOU BELIEVE JON SNOW DIED!?!' or some silly spoiler lol.

No. NO! I will not leave the house or speak with anyone I know or surf the internet until GoT premiere is viewed! hahaha.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
e5RK9a1.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I liked it. It still feels like the seasons 5-7 version of the show, but it's a solid first episode to set up the ending I think.
Same feeling. Soon as it lost book material it went to hell.

It used to be this deep political thriller game and now it's like a pop music album.

Sucks, but at least it was awesome in the beginning.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
If we’re talking Canadian shows to watch it’s gotta be Letterkenny.
Trailer Park Boys too. I didn't know it didn't die after 7 seasons until recently. Crazy shit, 3 movies were made but it suprised me to learn than the 3 lead actors who played Ricky, Julian, and Bubbles, bought the rights, started SwearNet, a streaming network and associated with NetFlix to continue the original series. Spin-off mini-series, Trailer Park Boys: Out of the Park: Europe and Trailer Park Boys: Out of the Park: USA were also created.

f*** me! There's even an animated series going on!:laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Pretty much. It's clear the show writers can' match GRRM's quality of writing. Too bad he's such a slow writer. At least we'll get to find out, for the most part, how it ends.
I think he was better off with editors and at least something resembling deadlines though. He just keeps adding and spreading everything out. No clue how he can have a satisfying ending in two books from where it's at. But here's hoping. But I think someone to tell him no a bit more often in books 4 and 5 would have helped a ton even with the books.

Reactions: shoplifter

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Haven't seen it yet.
All 3 are on Amazon Prime, I binged Season 3 a few days ago...fantastic.

I noticed Justified is on AP as well, definitely going to re-watch it again as well as Psych (still hilarious). The idea of "great tv" is always up to the person as you and I know. I was never really into the hype of GOT, but I enjoy it, for me its been more fun tv than great tv, but sometimes thats the same.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
All 3 are on Amazon Prime, I binged Season 3 a few days ago...fantastic.

I noticed Justified is on AP as well, definitely going to re-watch it again as well as Psych (still hilarious). The idea of "great tv" is always up to the person as you and I know. I was never really into the hype of GOT, but I enjoy it, for me its been more fun tv than great tv, but sometimes thats the same.
yeah I know where to watch it, there are just too many shows to watch. Justified is also on the list. And 100 others. Especially now that I have HBO again.

Oh, and I want to play a ton of games too. And watch a ton of movies. And go to the gym more. And and and :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
yeah I know where to watch it, there are just too many shows to watch. Justified is also on the list. And 100 others. Especially now that I have HBO again.

Oh, and I want to play a ton of games too. And watch a ton of movies. And go to the gym more. And and and :laugh:
I prioritize Gym over all of that myself.

Most of the time, I watch stuff while I am running on the treadmill or working while it's turned up on the background.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I prioritize Gym over all of that myself.

Most of the time, I watch stuff while I am running on the treadmill or working while it's turned up on the background.
yeah I'm just saying that I can't watch everything I'd like.

I do need to start watching stuff while I run. Sadly the little tray to hold a phone or tablet on the treadmill is really low at the gym I go to, so it's awkward to watch while I run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig