Post-Game Talk: Motor City Heist: Jets steal two in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
5th in the division, 10th in the conference (having played a couple more games, of course). Baby steps, but I'll take it.

If we were in the East right now, we'd be leading the Metro division or tied for 1st in the Atlantic division. :laugh: The West is ridiculous right now.

Not a single team below 0.500 in the central division.
Weakest division in the league.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
GREAT GAME BY PAVELEC!

"Start Montoya, Pavelec sucks! Trade him, he can't save anything....blah, blah, blah".

See what happens when your forwards and defence come to play? Goaltending has NOT been our problem, and anyone who has ever played the game would understand that.

I watched a very different game than you.

This game didn't rank very high in terms of F and D coming to play, IMO. Granted, it looked like the Jets had a very specific gameplan (avoid getting into an up-and-down contest at all costs) and executed well for the most part, but they were pretty well dominated by the Wings from start to finish.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Someone said they don't want to see the possession split... so of course, I'm going to show it:

BY7YXtqCUAEggct.jpg

Pav's won this one, end of story.

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
5th in the division, 10th in the conference (having played a couple more games, of course). Baby steps, but I'll take it.

If we were in the East right now, we'd be leading the Metro division or tied for 1st in the Atlantic division. :laugh: The West is ridiculous right now.

I don't think this is right...

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Went to a concert tonight so I missed this one. I was really good about avoiding spoilers. Came home and put the game on... literally as soon as I hit play my friend texts me and says "sweet shootout win!" and I couldn't help but laugh.

I'm loving Ladd in the shootouts this year. And I like that Pavs can make saves in the shootout these days. :)

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
garret, can we get some stats on scoring chances? and not sure if possible, but attempted point shots by det/succesful?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
garret, can we get some stats on scoring chances? and not sure if possible, but attempted point shots by det/succesful?

Detroit's defensemen shot attempts: 24
Detroit's defensemen shots on goal: 13

I didn't track scoring chances personally this game as I missed the first period due to working in the lab. But, when Travis and the Detroit representative does theirs I'll post here.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg

Yeah, I was kind of scratching my head at his post too, the Pens and Caps both have more points in the Metro and Tampa, Boston, Detroit and Toronto all have more points in the Atlantic, with the Habs having the same as the Jets. Unless I'm missing something in his post...

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
Detroit's defensemen shot attempts: 24
Detroit's defensemen shots on goal: 13

I didn't track scoring chances personally this game as I missed the first period due to working in the lab. But, when Travis and the Detroit representative does theirs I'll post here.

you babe.

Reed Solomon

GO ✈'s GO
Jul 26, 2011
Winnipeg, Man.
Yeah, I was kind of scratching my head at his post too, the Pens and Caps both have more points in the Metro and Tampa, Boston, Detroit and Toronto all have more points in the Atlantic, with the Habs having the same as the Jets. Unless I'm missing something in his post...

we'd be playing more eastern teams more often and dominating them?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

I'm trying to figure out what the heck I was talking about as well. :laugh: That's what happens when you post just before you pass out. I think I was looking at the Wildcard setup, saw Vancouver at 24 points, and proceeded to use that to extrapolate our position. :laugh:

Nevermind. Maybe if they continue on the winning streak, my erroneous statement will come true. :D

Speaking of which - since I last looked at the standings, it looks like Tampa picked up a win sans Stamkos. They were at 24pts and are sitting at 26 now - beat the Habs in a SO. Good for them.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
BTW, about the shootout: I'm assuming the book on Howard was blocker side high? Both Ladd and Seto sniped that corner.

Someone mentioned that Noel may have put Seto out there in the SO to get him "unstuck" offensively - get the feel back for putting one in the net. Not a bad theory - let's see if it helps next game.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
BTW, about the shootout: I'm assuming the book on Howard was blocker side high? Both Ladd and Seto sniped that corner.

Someone mentioned that Noel may have put Seto out there in the SO to get him "unstuck" offensively - get the feel back for putting one in the net. Not a bad theory - let's see if it helps next game.

Howard was frozen by both Seto and Ladd. They have a deadly wrist shot and used them with frightening accuracy. Howard hadn't a chance.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Missed the game due to travel......good recap in these threads. I love ugly wins the most. it's the cheap 2 points that make all the difference in the standings.

Glad Pavs was huge....keep managing his usage coach!! Maybe its random but who knows maybe he is much better when he is worked less.

character "hang in there" win on the road against a very good team. Ladd is really on a roll on the shootout....are we at the point yet where we are looking forward to shoot outs????

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Howard was frozen by both Seto and Ladd. They have a deadly wrist shot and used them with frightening accuracy. Howard hadn't a chance.

Oh for sure: both of them have excellent shots - I've said before that I thought Ladd has one of the better wrist shots in the league, but I was commenting more on the fact that they both chose exactly the same location. Must be a known weakness for Howard.

Watching the replay: Ladd's shot was almost more of a flip than a shot - got the shot off so quickly that it seemed to surprise Howard. Seto's was an absolute rocket.

As DarthMonty just said: ugly win, but I'll take it. Makes up for a couple of losses earlier when the Jets outplayed their opponents and ended up with nothing to show for it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Missed the game due to travel......good recap in these threads. I love ugly wins the most. it's the cheap 2 points that make all the difference in the standings.

Glad Pavs was huge....keep managing his usage coach!! Maybe its random but who knows maybe he is much better when he is worked less.

character "hang in there" win on the road against a very good team. Ladd is really on a roll on the shootout....are we at the point yet where we are looking forward to shoot outs????

Agreed about the ugly wins. The only way this team makes the playoffs is they continue to scratch and claw and find a ways to get points when they don't necessarily deserve them.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Is it bad that I'm feeling way too confident when we get to the shootout nowadays?

Anyways, nice game by Pav. I'm be at the game this Sunday, hope the boys make the drive down worth it!

Heading down Friday, gonna find a watering hole to watch the Philly game and then Sunday at the enemy barn :yo:

2 more sleeps

Pre-gaming at Tom Reids Hockey City Pub on Sunday, cause they are all hockey and half their menu is "Canadian" including a Jet Burger :laugh:

Check them out http://tomreidshockeycitypub.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad