Post-Game Talk: Motor City Heist: Jets steal two in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
Power play is still a massive joke. I don't see coaches' jobs being 'protected' by wins like this.

This is the first game I can remember thinking, 'Gee I hope this goes to a shootout' because even in OT it was brutal play.

Some bad penalties really put us in a bind with less than stellar play. As everyone has already said, "Thank you Pavs".

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
We don't mind that Pavs is playing well. Lets just see him keep that going is all we ask. :handclap:

It's ridiculous that some people act as if there is some kind of conspiracy against Pavs. Fans have no reason to complain if he plays like this on 80% of our games

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
It's ridiculous that some people act as if there is some kind of conspiracy against Pavs. Fans have no reason to complain if he plays like this on 80% of our games

well he does need his icetime managed better. We don't know what he is thinking after Monty got 2 starts in a row.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
well he does need his icetime managed better. We don't know what he is thinking after Monty got 2 starts in a row.

The-Shining-jack-nicholson-26184695-1200-928.jpg

:D

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'd also like to point out that even though Kane didn't have a good game, he was a BIG reason for Bogosian's goal, and we got more good chances because of his forecheck.

Aela*

Well I'm gonna be sacrificing a lot to Satan every game now :naughty:

Also, MONEY IN THE BANK, MONEY IN THE BANK

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
My brilliant plan to not vwager on the Jets is now 3 for 3. Wooooo!

Still got my 50 vcash.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Pavs' save percent now up to .913

One giveaway in the entire game. That might be the important stat.

Even though I put next to no stock in nhl.com giveaway numbers, that was one really big positive. Jets managed the puck really well.

I usually hate when teams employ a passive, "anti-possession" style like the Jets employed tonight, but I thought they did a really good job executing it through 50 minutes. They were really calm in their end, protecting the front of the net and keeping most Detroit shots to the perimeter.

That last part though, especially the last 5 minutes in regulation? Thank you hockey gods, and thank you Pavelec.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Win. Big. Big win. Stole. Points. Lovvit.

That is all.

I think we could say that the Jets played a pretty smart game ... one that didn't leave any room for error, to be sure, but in which they didn't make any errors other than to take a couple of pretty boneheaded penalties. It was a white-knuckle flight but they landed the plane safely.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Pavs was not the problem in this game. I don't even want to see the possession differential. I'll take the minor victory that our goalie stopped more shots than their goalie.

No doubt. I was just poking fun at Resurrection because he typically leads the anti-Pav brigade. His arguments have merit so it's just said in jest. Agree that Pavs was good this game.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Well, we didn't have it that often to be able to give it away. :)

They didn't really need to take it from us since they had it all the time anyway, I know. But still, at least we didn't add to the problem. Most of the game I liked our play in our end. They kept it in for a long time but when we got it, we mostly got it out (until the third when we looked tired and started to make lazy clears along the boards).

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
We don't mind that Pavs is playing well. Lets just see him keep that going is all we ask. :handclap:

**EDIT**

"I sure hope the whole team can play as good as they have been as of late. It's nice to see the bulk of our players skating. It's nice to get some contribution from all of our lines and it's nice to see our whole team play a smarter defensive game. Heck even big minutes Byfuglien played a full game without any glaring mistakes. All these contributions make Pavelec better and our team better as a whole. Lets just see the Jets keep this going is all we ask"

Fixed that for ya bud!!!!!!

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Captain clutch comes through again!

Somebody really needs to hit that mother *****en Datsyuk instead of just watching him score goals!

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Ahhh we win and I still get 2 goals out of Datsyuk.....Life is good (tonight):laugh:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
All Detroit does is sit back and wait for you to make a mistake. If you play a very simple game and eliminate mistakes you can walk in and win. Its not exciting but who cares its the road.

I almost knew for certain though that Detroit was going to flop around in the third and get a powerplay. Really you take away those 2 PPs and we walk out with a regulation win.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
5th in the division, 10th in the conference (having played a couple more games, of course). Baby steps, but I'll take it.

If we were in the East right now, we'd be leading the Metro division or tied for 1st in the Atlantic division. :laugh: The West is ridiculous right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->