Post-Game Talk: Motor City Heist: Jets steal two in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
hahaha, that possession graph. When the Jets scored their second goal and the commentators said "...on their second shot this period" well... :facepalm:

But oh well, the Wings were incapable of actually accomplishing anything even strength so I don't really care.

BennyTheJet

Oct 4, 2011
Toronto
My Jets jersey has been blank for almost 3 years. When I'm back in Winnipeg for the holidays I know who is going on the back.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Went to a concert tonight so I missed this one. I was really good about avoiding spoilers. Came home and put the game on... literally as soon as I hit play my friend texts me and says "sweet shootout win!" and I couldn't help but laugh.

I'm loving Ladd in the shootouts this year. And I like that Pavs can make saves in the shootout these days. :)

This is why I shut off my phone when I haven't seen a game.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Huh. I hadn't really though about it until I read someone say that Little is playing better than H. Sedin in the trade forum, but... His season so far really is incredibly good. His defensive skills, plus his goal scoring so far, really makes him a true #1C. I'm gonna be a bit sad when he stops putting up these numbers.

But until then... Little and Ladd for team Canada!:sarcasm:

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
Huh. I hadn't really though about it until I read someone say that Little is playing better than H. Sedin in the trade forum, but... His season so far really is incredibly good. His defensive skills, plus his goal scoring so far, really makes him a true #1C. I'm gonna be a bit sad when he stops putting up these numbers.

But until then... Little and Ladd for team Canada!:sarcasm:

Never really payed much attention to Little up until this year, however from what ive seen/heard i have to agree with you.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
BTW, about the shootout: I'm assuming the book on Howard was blocker side high? Both Ladd and Seto sniped that corner.

Maybe not "the book" but they certainly couldn't beat Howard glove side in Winnipeg. He must have made 15 glove saves on us that game. Maybe the team adjusted?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
My Jets jersey has been blank for almost 3 years. When I'm back in Winnipeg for the holidays I know who is going on the back.

Stitched numbers/names take 3-4 weeks at Jet Gear stores.They send the Jersey away to get it done.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I do the same. But i typically cant watch them so i listen instead. I get so pissed off if i miss a game and someone texts me the outcome.

Hard to train everyone you know to restrain so I find its easier to turn the phone off. I have one friend who can't learn.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Very pleased with the Jets effort the last number of games (Chicago notwithstanding). Pavs was outstanding and I hope he can maintain this level of play. Wasn't a pretty game by any stretch, but a greasy win is still a win!

seasontixholder*

@Pens87jets7fan

Did you ever try watching the games on a myp2p webpage? There is some popups but if you can't get the game on tv, you'll find it on one of the sites.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Pavs was awesome last night. He seemed much better than earlier in the season in both puck handling and rebound control.

I think sitting on the bench seeing how it is supposed to be done really helped his game.

True North should thank all of us HF coaches for giving Montoya those starts :sarcasm:

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I always say that Little doesn't get enough jersey love because of male insecurities. :laugh: I can't even remember the last time I saw Little jersey.

You may not be totally wrong... most Little jerseys that I see at games are worn by women.

I picked one up in the summer when Burmi spurned my Jets wardrobe, and then like a month later I had a chance to get him to sign it. My reasoning was that he was an underrated player that probably makes the least amount of mistakes on the team... and just re-signed. He's making my decision pay off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia