Post-Game Talk: Motor City Heist: Jets steal two in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I found it interesting that Gooch got sent in for the shootout, instead of say, Joki or Wheeler. Twice in the game I yelled, 'You gotta shoot that man!' when he had the puck and seemingly had a clear shooting lane. I guess that's one way to make him shoot. :)

I like to imagine the coaching staff was sensing his confidence was down and put him in there to give him a boost. Maybe?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
All Detroit does is sit back and wait for you to make a mistake. If you play a very simple game and eliminate mistakes you can walk in and win. Its not exciting but who cares its the road.

I almost knew for certain though that Detroit was going to flop around in the third and get a powerplay. Really you take away those 2 PPs and we walk out with a regulation win.

Pretty blatant trip on Dats and an obvious high stick from Kane.

I found it interesting that Gooch got sent in for the shootout, instead of say, Joki or Wheeler. Twice in the game I yelled, 'You gotta shoot that man!' when he had the puck and seemingly had a clear shooting lane. I guess that's one way to make him shoot. :)

I like to imagine the coaching staff was sensing his confidence was down and put him in there to give him a boost. Maybe?

Feel like it was more to switch things up. Wheeler is 0 for 3 this year and has gone first every time. Needed a different look.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
OHUTmZ7.png

White Out 403*

We want Montoya!

I would def start Montoya against Calgary on Monday or Minny on Sunday. It's really striking how as soon as Pavelec had to earn his starts he improves his play. Swing and a miss.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Is it bad that I'm feeling way too confident when we get to the shootout nowadays?

Anyways, nice game by Pav. I'm be at the game this Sunday, hope the boys make the drive down worth it!

bazaaa*

Yeah.
I would play him against Calgary without hesitation.
Weaker team, gives Pavs a blow. Lets Montoya stay involved.
Sounds good, wisest thing you've said today.

Yeah! And if he wins, start him again and again just like everyone wanted in the poll!
:sarcasm:

Montoya is elite!

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I love that if he played in Toronto people would be saying he's a sleeper for the Olympics.

So true. I remember when Alex Steen took over the goal scoring lead (game against the Jets), TSN's lead story the next day was the fact Kessel was only 3 points behind Crosby (or something along those lines). I vomited a little in my mouth.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Has this user, AELA, been heard from since the soul selling post during the game?

If not, perhaps selling of souls in exchange for wins should be discouraged from HF.

Quote: "Oh Lord Satan, hear my prayer and answer, let thee Jets win this game and thy will sell thy soul to you, lord."

Oh, wait a minute...we won...

I meant to say ENCOURAGED.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
GREAT GAME BY PAVELEC!

"Start Montoya, Pavelec sucks! Trade him, he can't save anything....blah, blah, blah".

See what happens when your forwards and defence come to play? Goaltending has NOT been our problem, and anyone who has ever played the game would understand that.

There are lots who played the game, some at a very high level, who would say you don't understand... but meh.

Pavelec played awesome this game. I won't take that away from him.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Fancystats prove there's no such thing as clutch. It's all just a product of the best, most skilled scorers being on the ice in those situations. When you need a goal, of course Ladd is going to be out there and not James Wri- okay, bad example...:)

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach Noel post-game

Coach-Noel-post-game-vs.-Detroit-300x169.jpg

Coach Noel - Play of Pavelec, assessing the game. Not getting deflated. Why Setoguchi in the shootout? Did he see this winning streak coming? Importance of first goal. No passengers on this team. What stands out 20 games in?

To listen click here.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Yeah! And if he wins, start him again and again just like everyone wanted in the poll!
:sarcasm:

Montoya is elite!

If this post actually has a point, I'm probably missing it...

Competition is a good thing, no? Clamoring for Montoya is all about pushing Pavelec and keeping him rested. I've seen very few posts that suggest he's some kind of saviour.

Anyway, Ondrej was bar none the Jets best player tonight.

jetkarma*

There are lots who played the game, some at a very high level, who would say you don't understand... but meh.

Pavelec played awesome this game. I won't take that away from him.

Nor will I , like you I presume , I don't really care who provides this team with above average goaltending. If we get that we have a chance , every night and to make the playoffs , even in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad