Most Overated propsects

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Thelen is having a rough year, sophomore slump, whatever you call it. I want to evaluate him when the Wild have a good hard look and move him to the AHL first.

Burns? Overrated? How? The kid is putting up numbers in the AHL, is only 19, playing a position that he hasn't played in roughly 3 years, and is excelling over all expectations about him.

I can give up JM Bolduc, he has really disappointed me after watching him in the Russian games...

leafaholix*

Braydon Coburn
Andrei Kostitsyn
Trevor Daley
Thomas Vanek
Zach Parise (not overrated, more overhyped, he'll play in the NHL for a long time)
Andrew Ladd
Corey Perry (slowly becoming one of the more overrated talents)
Ryan Whitney (not so much lately)
Brent Seabrook
Boris Valabik
Ladislav Smid (still haven't got over his diving performance at the WJC)
Kirill Koltsov
Wojtek Wolski

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Leafaholix said:
Trevor Daley

How so? Us Stars fans see him topping out as a Brian Rafalski-type player. Its not like we rate him a 9B or anything, unlike you with a certain Leafs prospect(who shall remain un-named ;) ).

leafaholix*

Chaos said:
How so? Us Stars fans see him topping out as a Brian Rafalski-type player. Its not like we rate him a 9B or anything, unlike you with a certain Leafs prospect(who shall remain un-named ;) ).
I don't want to start this again.

There's 2 other guys that have mentioned him already... other guys that have seen him play this season.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Leafaholix said:
I don't want to start this again.

There's 2 other guys that have mentioned him already... other guys that have seen him play this season.

YEah 2 guys mentioned them, but one of them said how his upside is Rafalski...thats what we think, so there's no overrating going on there. You can't come up with a simple explanation as to why you included him?

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Semin is a wild card. He has elite skills. His skills are definitely not overrated. It remains to be seen what kind of heart he has but I like the kid. If he's not a consistent 30+ goal guy I'll be disappointed.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Chaos said:
YEah 2 guys mentioned them, but one of them said how his upside is Rafalski...thats what we think, so there's no overrating going on there. You can't come up with a simple explanation as to why you included him?

Besides, who's there to talk about him? Us 2?

leafaholix*

Chaos said:
Because from what I've seen he's a poor man's Brian Rafalski with no defense and hockey smarts. To say his upside is Brian Rafalski is to overrate him.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Leafaholix said:
Because from what I've seen he's a poor man's Brian Rafalski with no defense and hockey smarts. To say his upside is Brian Rafalski is to overrate him.

Just wondering how much you have seen of him, because in the 27 games I saw him with the Stars last year, he looked a hell of a lot like Rafalski, and had really no defensive or 'hockey smarts' problems.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Leafaholix said:

I agree with this. While Daley has superior physical abilities, he isn't even close to Rafalski when it comes to thinking the game.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
ovechkin, people think he's god around here

i'd at least like to see him play a season in the NHL before saying he's better than established NHL superstars (reference the Ovechkin vs. Kovulchuk type threads, etc)

edit: maybe that's more like overhyped than overrated...i don't think his skills are overrated or that he's not one of the best prospects to come along in recent years...but i think you always have to be careful in projecting prospects to be better than established NHL stars.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think that all of the top prospects not in my favorite team's system are overrated, and all of the prospects within my favorite team's system are underrated. :deadhorse

Kasparov*

I've seen Trevor Daley quite a bit this year and his skating is very very good, and he has good stickhandling. I think he will make a great offensive dman in the NHL in a few years.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Tyutin, Balej, Coliacovo, Steen, Schremp, Parise, Grigorenko, Miller, Olesz, Fluery,

leafaholix*

Colaiacovo's been listed 3 times and not once has anyone spelled his name the right wway.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Leafaholix said:
Colaiacovo's been listed 3 times and not once has anyone spelled his name the right wway.

He's so overrated people can't even spell his name right ;).

mooseOAK*

NYRangers said:
Tyutin, Balej, Coliacovo, Steen, Schremp, Parise, Grigorenko, Miller, Olesz, Fluery,

How can the 29th ranked team in prospects have two of them in the overrated category?

I guess that Leaf fans might as well just pack it in and forget about the future all together.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Ryan Miller is so over-rated in my books it's crazy. he's small and not very quick and he does no think the game realy good and his anticipation is bad. just my 0.02$

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Chaos said:

Daley is good defencemen but he isn't great, he is awful 5 on 5 your comparing him to rafalski but Rafalski isn't a liability in his own end, from watching Daley he is but his offensive game is great, but he needs to work on his dfence is very fast but has trouble staying with hi man and takes very stupid penalties.

leafaholix*

BuppY said:
Daley is good defencemen but he isn't great, he is awful 5 on 5 your comparing him to rafalski but Rafalski isn't a liability in his own end, from watching Daley he is but his offensive game is great, but he needs to work on his dfence is very fast but has trouble staying with hi man and takes very stupid penalties.
He also doesn't use his size to his benefit and is awful with the puck in his end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad