Most Overated propsects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Fozz said:
Well, seeing how bad a season he's had so far and the fact that he just left the Norfolk to play in Russia, you have to consider Igor Radulov has one of the most overrated prospect out there! I mean, wow, 0 points in 16 AHL games this year!

you know he's a good team player when he refused demotion to the UHL or ECHL :handclap:

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I watched Colaiacovo closely Friday. He looked good, but a top prosepct I'm not so sure about. He made solid plays all night and never got out of position. Seemed like a guy that will make the NHL and be solid, but not spectacular.

Now Ian White, he impressed me a lot more than Colaiacovo. He made some great plays all night long.

mooseOAK*

sabrefan27 said:
I watched Colaiacovo closely Friday. He looked good, but a top prosepct I'm not so sure about. He made solid plays all night and never got out of position. Seemed like a guy that will make the NHL and be solid, but not spectacular.

Now Ian White, he impressed me a lot more than Colaiacovo. He made some great plays all night long.

Colaiacovo is injured and didn't play on Friday, maybe you were watching Brendan Bell.

White has been a real surprise, that's for sure.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
mooseOAK said:
Colaiacovo is injured and didn't play on Friday, maybe you were watching Brendan Bell.

White has been a real surprise, that's for sure.
I must have got the number mixed up, because I can't read names from where I sit. Oh well. Whoever I watched looked pretty solid.

leafaholix*

sabrefan27 said:

Nice try.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Colaiacovo's upside is tremendous man. Toronto's defense, particularly Colaiacovo's line was shutting everyone up before he got injured. It was mainly because of Coaliacovo that we were getting all shutouts or 1 goal against games. Im just being straight up. Colaiacovo is hyped but his defensive game is highly underrated IMO.

leafaholix*

NYRangers said:
Because his opinion isn't that he will be a franchise defensemen so hes wrong? :shakehead
Because Colaiacovo hasn't played for over a week.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Yeah that was my stupid mistake. I thought he was number 9. I have glasses, but I don't wear them. But I have actually watched him a couple times, and my opinion stands. He never stood out over anyone. He just always made the right play. I think he'll be a good dmen in the NHL, I just don't see a future star.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Honestly, how is Alex Semin overrated?

He's second in the RSL w/16 goals and recently won the shooting accuracy contest before the WorldvRussia game. (The same contest AO won fastest skater).

He's ranked 13th overall best propsect by HF. Very fair to me.

I see more talent and accolades for Semin than any forward beneath him on HF's list.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
FlyersFan10 said:
well, like I said in the first couple of lines in my post, I was going to be flamed no matter what I said. Fact of the matter is that this is all opinion based. And seeing as to how this is MY opinion, it's neither right nor wrong. It is what it is. So, lighten up.
Just because it is an opinion doesnt mean it cant be wrong which in this case it clearly is for the most part.
For an opinion to be taken seriously the logic and reasoning behind said opinions need some sort of substance.
You give circumstancial reasoning which isnt neccesarily correct.
Therefor you can hide behind the "opinion" theory but that doesnt mean it cant be an incorrect opinion, as I feel this clearly is.

AgentNaslund*

Andrei Kostitsyn. THN said, he is potentially the most talented player in the 2003 draft. Has achieved nothing at the AHL level. watched him play against the Moose. Was invisable.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
AgentNaslund said:
Andrei Kostitsyn. THN said, he is potentially the most talented player in the 2003 draft. Has achieved nothing at the AHL level. watched him play against the Moose. Was invisable.

Yeah, your right he's achieved nothing :shakehead 9 points in 29 games as one of the youngest players in the AHL? he's basically had a point in 1/3 of the games he's played in...I wouldn't say he's achieved nothing

CH Wizard

I agree with ax²+bx+c.We had the chance to draft guys like Carter , Stewart.I have NOTHING against Kost but in term of needs Carter or Stewart would have been better fit there.

Carter has size ,grit , some nice skills.Our prospects at center lack some much of sie and grit.We're lucky that We drafted Chip last year.

I have a question if Montreal wouldn't have drafted Kostitsyn 10th overall which team do you think would have drafted him ?

I am sure many teams would have been passed on him ........

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
thegreatone said:
I agree with ax²+bx+c.We had the chance to draft guys like Carter , Stewart.I have NOTHING against Kost but in term of needs Carter or Stewart would have been better fit there.

Carter has size ,grit , some nice skills.Our prospects at center lack some much of sie and grit.We're lucky that We drafted Chip last year.

I have a question if Montreal wouldn't have drafted Kostitsyn 10th overall which team do you think would have drafted him ?

I am sure many teams would have been passed on him ........
well,well..
apparently LA was HEAVILY interested in Kostitsyn!
also Carter was a surprise pick at 13 when he was drafted .. he was projected to go late 1st round and stewart well.. we could have drafted him but to say that kostitsyn will turn as a bust is too early ..

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
417 TO MTL said:
Yeah, your right he's achieved nothing :shakehead 9 points in 29 games as one of the youngest players in the AHL? he's basically had a point in 1/3 of the games he's played in...I wouldn't say he's achieved nothing
Thats not alot to brag about IMO.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
sabrefan27 said:
Yeah that was my stupid mistake. I thought he was number 9. I have glasses, but I don't wear them. But I have actually watched him a couple times, and my opinion stands.

And will be swiftly discarded by anyone with an once of discernment.

Don't worry, there are still plenty of folks here who will gladly swallow your fake reports. Happens all the time.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
EroCaps said:
Honestly, how is Alex Semin overrated?
...recently won the shooting accuracy contest before the WorldvRussia game. (The same contest AO won fastest skater).

lol, by all means then, that will sure disspel those overrated claims. Nothing beats winning a skills competition prior to playing a pointless scrimmage.

EroCaps said:
He's ranked 13th overall best propsect by HF. Very fair to me.

I see more talent and accolades for Semin than any forward beneath him on HF's list.

Perhaps its claims such as theses that make people believe he's overrated? And really, a ranking on hockeysfuture.com is near meaningless.

I'm not saying he's overrated or not. Frankly, I don't care, I've hardly watched him play. But surely there are better arguments against the overrated claims than these two.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
clefty said:
I'm not saying he's overrated or not. Frankly, I don't care, I've hardly watched him play. But surely there are better arguments against the overrated claims than these two.

How about him being in the top 10 in scoring and 2nd in the RSL in goals...currently 1 goal behind the leader while playing in 6 less games too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad