Most Overated propsects

Status
Not open for further replies.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Who are the most overated prospects on HF?
For me it is Semin. People have been saying he is going to be a superstar and a 100 point guy. Semin will likely top around 60 points. Only reason he can excess that would be because of AO. Phanuef is also overated but i'd admit i would love the Panthers to have him. Fleury and Lundquist are also pretty overated. Fleury is no Lehtonen and will not be a "franchise goalie". Lundquist hasn't even come over from Europe and guys are saying he is the second best goalie prospect behind Lehtonen.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
J17ster said:
For me it is Semin. People have been saying he is going to be a superstar and a 100 point guy. Semin will likely top around 60 points. Only reason he can excess that would be because of AO. Phanuef is also overated but i'd admit i would love the Panthers to have him. Fleury and Lundquist are also pretty overated. Fleury is no Lehtonen and will not be a "franchise goalie". Lundquist hasn't even come over from Europe and guys are saying he is the second best goalie prospect behind Lehtonen.

I see this thread getting very ugly very quickly.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Lundquist hasn't even come over from Europe and guys are saying he is the second best goalie prospect behind Lehtonen.

i don't think anyone has said lundqvist is the 2nd best goalie prospect...people have just been saying he needs to get more respect for his accomplishments and that he's been underrated up until now. now he is starting to get some recognition, and people start calling him overrated? :dunno:

the guy is playing awesome in a very tough league facing NHL shooters...if he has the talent to be successful, the change in rink size, etc from the SEL to the NHL isn't going to stop him from being successful.

2nd best? no probably not, i don't know who you think is saying that...but a very good goalie prospect? definatly, and finally starting to get some recognition for that

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Kostitsyn, Roussin, Krajicek, Barker, Valabik, Smid, Daley, Kaspar, Auld, Thelen, Burns, Schremp, Drouin-Deslauriers, Wolski, Ahonen, Balej, Coburn or Seabrooke depending on my mood...

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Well, it's just a matter of time before this thread turns ugly.

I don't even understand why you people argue over these type of topics. Probably 75% of you haven't seen the vast majority of the prospects play in person. I know I haven't.

Kasparov*

Andrei Kostitsyn

Alexander Semin

Stephen Weiss

Evengiy Malkin

Fedor Tjutin

Carlo Coliacovo

Although they are all good players i don't think they will match their hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Alexander Semin - he is a very good prospect I think he is going to be good one in the future but he has been getting way too much hype.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hugh Jessiman
Brian Boyle
Danny Roussin
Jean-Michel Bolduc
Thoman Vanek
Corey Perry
Stefan Meyer
Andrew Ladd
Blake Wheeler
AJ Thelen
Devan Dubnyk
Rob Schremp
Michael Sersen

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Kasparov said:
Andrei Kostitsyn

Alexander Semin

Stephen Weiss

Evengiy Malkin

Fedor Tjutin

Carlo Coliacovo

Although they are all good players i don't think they will match their hype.

I would say Caloaiacovo and Tjutin are underrated, not overrated.

Nik

Dec 20, 2004
Kazan
J17ster said:
Oh dear god... please let it stop. :shakehead

Semin put up .5 PPG last year in his rookie season without Ovechkin! I see him scoring 75 points per season if healthy, in his prime.

Phaneuf overrated? Why? He is probably one of the safest prospects out there...

Meh.

Kasparov*

ic3man24 said:
I would say Caloaiacovo and Tjutin are underrated, not overrated.

Not from their fans.

Also i cant believe i forgot to add

THOMAS VANEK.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I personally believe that Marek Schwarz's upside is Roman Cechmanek.

Trevor Daley's upside is Brian Rafalski but his 5 on 5 numbers will be brutal.

Peter Senja. He is 25 years old and hasn't had any success at the NHL level. If he has any success, it will be a couple good seasons.

Devan Dubnyk. I don't see what anyone sees as of yet. Personally Radulov, Schremp would have looked pretty sweet for the Oilers right about now.

Jeff Deslauriers. Again, every time I think about this guy, I don't understand the excitement. Hopefully for the Oilers, I am wrong about one of their two goalies.

M.A Pouliot. Can't skate fast. Can't stickhandle. From the circles in he is great, but if he doesn't become a Luc Robitaille type of player(Great hands, slow skater), impending doom.

As for this thread...I expect it to deteriorate quickly.

Kasparov*

slats432 said:

Peter Senja. He is 25 years old and hasn't had any success at the NHL level. If he has any success, it will be a couple good seasons.

Devan Dubnyk. I don't see what anyone sees as of yet. Personally Radulov, Schremp would have looked pretty sweet for the Oilers right about now.

Jeff Deslauriers. Again, every time I think about this guy, I don't understand the excitement. Hopefully for the Oilers, I am wrong about one of their two goalies.

M.A Pouliot. Can't skate fast. Can't stickhandle. From the circles in he is great, but if he doesn't become a Luc Robitaille type of player(Great hands, slow skater), impending doom.

I agree with everything you've said.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
BuppY said:
umm execpt Balej I don't think the other 3 are overrated :banghead:

I don't agree with you, Igor Grigorenko, with everything he's been through is still talked about as if he's the next big thing to come out of Detroit, when players with as much talent and less question marks are always labelled as bust or boom or bust types (won't even mention names)...

As for Brad Boyes and Carlo Coliacovo, it's not that I think they won't be good players, I just think that they'll be marginal players and nothing more, just my opinion

Nik

Dec 20, 2004
Kazan
slats432 said:

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->