Confirmed with Link: Moss re-signed (1 yr, $800k)

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Everybody needs to chill a little. My guess is that Samuelsson isn't quite ready to play so Moss was signed as a 3rd line place holder. Somewhere mid-season I would hope that Samuelsson gets called up and Moss gets called upstairs.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I heard this news on 620AM just when I entered my car on my way home from work.

Seriously, Maloney couldn't resign our leading goal scorer when he was willing to take a discount and we resign the ******* piece of driftwood Dave Moss. "But, but, he has a good CF%!" - at least that's what the FFH guys would say.

****. ****. ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I heard this news on 620AM just when I entered my car on my way home from work.

Seriously, Maloney couldn't resign our leading goal scorer when he was willing to take a discount and we resign the ******* piece of driftwood Dave Moss. "But, but, he has a good CF%!" - at least that's what the FFH guys would say.

****. ****. ****.

This, this, this!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Remember when Tippett talks about the things he looks for in a player, apparently those things don't include "goal scoring" or "playmaker"

this is just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Everybody needs to chill a little. My guess is that Samuelsson isn't quite ready to play so Moss was signed as a 3rd line place holder. Somewhere mid-season I would hope that Samuelsson gets called up and Moss gets called upstairs.

What about Szwarz? He is fast and hustles, something Moss can't or won't do.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

McMillan and Szwarz could have easily filled in for Moss's defensive minutes while providing a hell of a lot more speed/energy. You know, the things that Maloney said he wanted to go after this offseason.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
People are getting way too upset about this.

Considering that lack of overall effort/heart was a big problem with this team last season (especially down the stretch) and Moss certainly wore those shoes along with his center (whom we bought out), we absolutely have every right to be livid. Moss certainly also isn't going to improve our goal scoring either.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
After the effort he gave us last year, we're not gettin' upset enough.

I don't disagree that he didn't give enough effort, but its only a 1 yr, 800K bottom six signing. Maloney still has a couple months until the start of the regular season. With his impressive track record as our GM, I believe we should be patient and see what else he has up his sleeves.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I don't disagree that he didn't give enough effort, but its only a 1 yr, 800K bottom six signing. Maloney still has a couple months until the start of the regular season. With his impressive track record as our GM, I believe we should be patient and see what else he has up his sleeves.

800K or not, that certainly would've been better spent resigning our leading goal scorer over the past 3 seasons, who by all accounts was willing to take a pretty good discount.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

It's a waste of money and roster spot.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 55s

Tippett brought up idea of bringing back Moss yesterday to Maloney. After Swiss reports, Maloney reached out to Moss camp.

Wow, that is exactly how I would have imagined the idea of bringing back this useless POS would begin. DT wanted to bring Moss back and GMDM fell for it. What in the world are they thinking?

DT just cannot handle having youth in his line-up. It is just mind blowing.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
800K or not, that certainly would've been better spent resigning our leading goal scorer over the past 3 seasons, who by all accounts was willing to take a pretty good discount.

Exactly! I wasn't upset when we let Vrbata walk because I thought it was the start of the changing of the guard, but now signing Moss makes me almost ill. We have enough bottom six as it is.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

Yup, and ditching Schlemko, Klinkhammer, and Chipchura on top of Moss, could have given us more than enough soare scratch to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad