Confirmed with Link: Moss re-signed (1 yr, $800k)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It's almost like they're setting up to tank without any moves that outright make it a tank.

"aww, we lost our best forward"
"aww, shucks, we bought out our best center"
"aww, gee, no more roster spots for potentially talented young players"

The problem being there's still a Vezina capable goalie in net and some prideful, talented guys sprinkled throughout the roster...

Going to be a long year.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
dave-tippett.jpg

:sarcasm:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The worst part of this is that it kills hope.

Look, my big brilliant idea was Lee Stempniak. Choosing Dave Moss over him really isn't a big deal. Neither are impact players. Neither really make a difference. All this does is signify that we really haven't learned a ****ing thing from last season.

Before this signing, I was anxiously awaiting us offloading other pieces of useless driftwood like Klinkhammer, Chipchura, and Schlemko. Ditching the dead weight. All of those depth players that good teams count on for energy and hustle. All of those inconsistent, sleepwalking, floating wastes of space. I really was expecting they'd all get cut in favor of younger, hungrier players who actually play with effort and gusto.

I figured we'd see Klinkhammer, Chipchura, and Schlemko on waivers after guys like McMillan and Szwarz really had a chance to show that they can bring the intensity every night that we missed so dearly last season.

I did not expect a playoff birth. I figured we'd pick in the top ten. I was okay with that as long as we got back to our true identity and started playing like a team the fans could be proud of even if we lost more than we won. A high effort, high energy, hustle team that did their damnedest to stay in games. Rather than the piece of **** roster we saw last season that just rolled over and died like a bunch of pansies night after night.

The fact that we brought back probably the worst offender. The best example of what was wrong with the non-skilled players on this team. The shining example of what made me sick last season. The fact that we brought him back, kills all hope that management or coaching even ****ing recognized how pathetic this team was last season.

We didn't get rid of floaters like Vrbata. We just let expensive guys leave. This has nothing to do with regaining an identity. This is merely cutting cost.

There is no chance we cut ties with the other useless players on cheap contracts. This signing is PROOF that they'll all be back.

Listless nonchalance is our new identity. This team is all about being soft and lazy. That's the Arizona Coyotes now.

Not only will...

Doan-Vermette-Boedker
Korpikoski-Hanzal-Erat
Klinkhammer-Gagner-Moss
Chipchura-Vitale-Crombeen
McMillan

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Stone
Summers-Schlemko
Gormley

Smith
Dubnyk

...represent the lowest goals for total in the entire NHL, but it will also be a roster that gets run over night after night, and lays down to die. It's a team of quitters.

Listless nonchalance.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
What really is unnerving about all of this is how Maloney says he wants to get younger, find more players that are hungry, etc. He has full control of this signing. What did Tippet say or do? Did Tippet threaten to play all of Klink, Kennedy and Chip unless Don signed another forward that suited his taste? How come we didn't try to sign Ott instead of Moss?

Frustrating

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I was actually a fan of the Moss signing two summers ago because of his play in Calgary. His two years here he has done more floating and looked generally disinterested while on the ice. This is bad news.

This team is just not gonna cut it this year. Its basically a downgraded version of the team that has missed the playoffs two years in a row. The only upgrades I'm seeing this year are Halpern to Vitale, and Biz to Crombeen. I see Ribeiro, who had one of the worst seasons of his career both on and off the ice and still put up 2 points less than Gagner's career high, to Gagner as a downgrade. Even if I am excited at the potential for him to put up 50 plus points.

Vrbata to Domi, or other youngster, is the wild card. But i'd be pleasantly surprised if Domi puts up 40 points. Hopefully Boedker kicks it up to 60 points next year and Korpikoski can be close to the 20-20 mark again otherwise we could be in for a long year.

Of course its still early in the summer and things can still change but its a little disappointing up to this point IMO...Well except for the draft. Got my guy in the first round and loved the rest.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
...represent the lowest goals for total in the entire NHL, but it will also be a roster that gets run over night after night, and lays down to die. It's a team of quitters.

They're headed towards the type of soul crushing season that's hard to pull out of with that lineup. I wish they'd just outright tank and stop this "we're going to play Coyotes hockey!" nonsense. The team hasn't played that hockey in two seasons now.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I agree wholeheartedly, RT. I don't belive for a second Mike Riberio was 100% responsible for the malaise that plauged this team immediately following our hot start

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
All I want more than ever this season is just be put into a position where I can say that all is forgiven. A lot can happen between now and April.

Sorry here as I'm just trying to help myself calm down on this.

rt

May 13, 2004
They're headed towards the type of soul crushing season that's hard to pull out of with that lineup. I wish they'd just outright tank and stop this "we're going to play Coyotes hockey!" nonsense. The team hasn't played that hockey in two seasons now.

I honestly don't know if I can sit through another season of lazy players who don't care.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I honestly don't know if I can sit through another season of lazy players who don't care.

Is it too late to put OEL, Hanzal, and Boedker in suspended animation? Trade the rest that you care about, because it's not right to let the two top forwards go with no replacements and then ask guys to grind out another season. That's just ****ed up, especially for Doan.

Stash every kid possible away for one more year. The ones that aren't waiver exempt get 82 games of practice. Play as many Chipchuras and Klinkhammers as possible, with six Schlemkos on the back end.

McDavid (or Eichel) or bust. Bust in this case being relocation.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Doan-23 Vermette- 24 Boedker-19
Korpikoski-9 Hanzal-15 Erat-2
Klinkhammer-11 Gagner-10 Moss-8
Chipchura-5 Vitale-1 Crombeen-3
Total Goals: 130

I was going to do some stats comparing other team's forwards but I figured this on paper was scary enough.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

You guys talk like Tippett would give any icetime to McDavid or Eichel at all, especially when he has good "puck possession guys" like Moss around. :laugh:

rt

May 13, 2004
Is it too late to put OEL, Hanzal, and Boedker in suspended animation? Trade the rest that you care about, because it's not right to let the two top forwards go with no replacements and then ask guys to grind out another season. That's just ****ed up, especially for Doan.

Stash every kid possible away for one more year. The ones that aren't waiver exempt get 82 games of practice. Play as many Chipchuras and Klinkhammers as possible, with six Schlemkos on the back end.

Nope. Sorry. Not realistic. We've got Tippett, Smith, Doan, Vermette, Hanzal, OEL, Yandle, etc. They'll keep us out of the top five picks in the draft.

The rest of the bunch will make sure we're in the top ten at the draft, though.

I just hope it doesn't really hurt attendance and the progress of Max Domi.

rt

May 13, 2004
You guys talk like Tippett would give any icetime to McDavid or Eichel at all, especially when he has good "puck possession guys" like Moss around. :laugh:

If we have a top two pick at the next draft, I'd hope ownership will have fired the entire management and coaching staffs. Except for Burke, I guess. He can stay. :)

rt

May 13, 2004
Doan-23 Vermette- 24 Boedker-19
Korpikoski-9 Hanzal-15 Erat-2
Klinkhammer-11 Gagner-10 Moss-8
Chipchura-5 Vitale-1 Crombeen-3
Total Goals: 130

I was going to do some stats comparing other team's forwards but I figured this on paper was scary enough.

Would somebody like to send this to Don Maloney? Please?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Seriously, Moss has his own gravitational pull of suck. Why did we bring this guy back? I've never seen a more disinterested player in my entire life.

And if he is slated to play with Gags, we might as well have kept Ribeiro. Moss couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Well Tippett gave Moss 18 minutes a night with Ribeiro all last season, so watch him put Moss in the top-6 over Erat, who's a crappy option in his own right. :laugh:

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Tippet has an unhealthy man crush on Moss, remember during the season he said the best winger playing with Ribs was Moss.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Really! What the hell. I thought by not signing Vrbata, we were having a changing of the guard, but this signing is a joke. We probably could have kept Vrbata by giving him Moss's money. I have been on DM's side all along, but right now he is testing my loyalty.

Jakeman

Sep 11, 2008
The worst part of this is that it kills hope.

Look, my big brilliant idea was Lee Stempniak. Choosing Dave Moss over him really isn't a big deal. Neither are impact players. Neither really make a difference. All this does is signify that we really haven't learned a ****ing thing from last season.

Before this signing, I was anxiously awaiting us offloading other pieces of useless driftwood like Klinkhammer, Chipchura, and Schlemko. Ditching the dead weight. All of those depth players that good teams count on for energy and hustle. All of those inconsistent, sleepwalking, floating wastes of space. I really was expecting they'd all get cut in favor of younger, hungrier players who actually play with effort and gusto.

I figured we'd see Klinkhammer, Chipchura, and Schlemko on waivers after guys like McMillan and Szwarz really had a chance to show that they can bring the intensity every night that we missed so dearly last season.

I did not expect a playoff birth. I figured we'd pick in the top ten. I was okay with that as long as we got back to our true identity and started playing like a team the fans could be proud of even if we lost more than we won. A high effort, high energy, hustle team that did their damnedest to stay in games. Rather than the piece of **** roster we saw last season that just rolled over and died like a bunch of pansies night after night.

The fact that we brought back probably the worst offender. The best example of what was wrong with the non-skilled players on this team. The shining example of what made me sick last season. The fact that we brought him back, kills all hope that management or coaching even ****ing recognized how pathetic this team was last season.

We didn't get rid of floaters like Vrbata. We just let expensive guys leave. This has nothing to do with regaining an identity. This is merely cutting cost.

There is no chance we cut ties with the other useless players on cheap contracts. This signing is PROOF that they'll all be back.

Listless nonchalance is our new identity. This team is all about being soft and lazy. That's the Arizona Coyotes now.

Not only will...

Doan-Vermette-Boedker
Korpikoski-Hanzal-Erat
Klinkhammer-Gagner-Moss
Chipchura-Vitale-Crombeen
McMillan

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Stone
Summers-Schlemko
Gormley

Smith
Dubnyk

Listless nonchalance.
Boedker-Vermette-Doan
Domi-Hanzal-Erat
korpikoski-Gagner-klinkhammer
Moss-Vitale-Crombeen
spare-Mcmillian

OEL- Michalek
Yandle-Stone
Gormley-Murphy

Summers,Schlemko as spares

Smith
Dubynk

The only thing bad I see with the lineup is Erat,Moss in IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad