Confirmed with Link: Moss re-signed (1 yr, $800k)

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
If we miss the playoffs again next year while still being too good for a top ten pick, but not good enough for a playoff spot, something drastic needs to happen. I wonder how many more seasons of this before Darcy Regier is the GM of this team?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If we miss the playoffs again next year while still being too good for a top ten pick, but not good enough for a playoff spot, something drastic needs to happen. I wonder how many more seasons of this before Darcy Regier is the GM of this team?

One.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Future Coyotes news:
-Coyotes resign Bissonnette, Halpern, and Morris.
-Youth movement is never spoken of again.
-Coyotes place last in the Western conference.
-Coyotes attendance average drops down to 9,000, Canadians start demanding team moves to Quebec.
-Domi quits hockey to become a firefighter after being denied NHL career.

- Smitty sets a goalie record for smashed sticks and PIMs out of frustration.
- Dubnyk bombs/gets injured, we end up trading for..LaBarbera (need moar good locker room guys).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd love for one of you (yourself and the two quoted in your post) to rationalize this. Please do us all a favor and explain to us why you think this signing isn't worth getting upset over?

Before you get going, remember, all this anger isn't just about this one signing. Take a look at our entire offseason so far - meaning the quotes from our GM regarding Vrbata (still can't believe he ****ed that one up so bad). The quotes about getting rid of lazy heartless players. The quotes about injecting youth, speed, and hunger. Then look at the Moss signing and the comments about Chip from DT.

Which one is it that they want? Because if they wanted to change the way this team was playing, bringing back the biggest offender of indifferent play and then praising another no show for many nights is not what we were told this organization was going to be doing.

There is absolutely no positive to this signing. It was completely unnecessary.

My anger is about this signing only. Everything else I was fine with.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Future Coyotes news:
-Coyotes attendance average drops down to 9,000, Canadians start demanding team moves to Quebec.

:laugh: :biglaugh:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Future Coyotes news:

- Coyotes stop playing the system(if they haven't done so already) and stop listening to Tippett.
- Coyotes are still a weak team that won't fight back when 1 of their own gets knocked down hard with a nasty hit.
- Ownership still have blind support for Maloney and Tippett no matter what.
- Ownership gets 12 different Tim Horton's Franchises throughout the Valley.
- Tim Horton's get the naming rights to Tim Horton's Centre in Glendale.
-

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
- Coyotes stop playing the system(if they haven't done so already) and stop listening to Tippett.
- Coyotes are still a weak team that won't fight back when 1 of their own gets knocked down hard with a nasty hit.
- Ownership still have blind support for Maloney and Tippett no matter what.
- Ownership gets 12 different Tim Horton's Franchises throughout the Valley.
- Tim Horton's get the naming rights to Tim Horton's Centre in Glendale.
-

is that the future or the current events? Sounds more like history.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Yeah, I need to stay off of FFH while they circle jerk and rationalize that this was a good signing. Otherwise I'm going to get banned, haha.

FFH can suck each other off all they want, but this makes no sense. Our defense is made up of mostly smaller, skilled defenseman, who all have decent puck moving ability, but none of whom are crease clearing, physical, or even veterans for that matter (Michalek excepted), while our forwards are a bunch of unskilled grinding, defensive oriented-veterans.

Basically we have a bunch of offensive defenseman, and defensive forwards. Our blue line is built for a team like a Chicago, and our forwards are basically a crappy version of the Predators, before David Poile realized making an entire forward corps of grinders is a boring way to lose.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
http://msn.foxsports.com/arizona/st...down-road-trades-could-impact-them-now-062614

That's not a surprise since the team never intended to bring back defenseman*Derek Morris; goalie*Thomas Greiss*wants to test the waters to see if he can land a starting gig; and the team will look to upgrade on veteran forwards*David Moss*($2.1 million last season),*Paul Bissonnette*and*Jeff Halpern. (The Coyotes are expected to tender a qualifying offer to restricted free agent Brandon McMillan.) *

Its not a promise but if they tried to upgrade and didn't...even more depressing that FAs see the writing on the wall.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
FFH can suck each other off all they want, but this makes no sense. Our defense is made up of mostly smaller, skilled defenseman, who all have decent puck moving ability, but none of whom are crease clearing, physical, or even veterans for that matter (Michalek excepted), while our forwards are a bunch of unskilled grinding, defensive oriented-veterans.

Basically we have a bunch of offensive defenseman, and defensive forwards. Our blue line is built for a team like a Chicago, and our forwards are basically a crappy version of the Predators, before David Poile realized making an entire forward corps of grinders is a boring way to lose.

Maybe, DM and DT were thinking that if the kids can't cut it, Moss can be a fill in until we trade for someone, and if the kids make the team, send Moss to the farm after he clears waivers.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Maybe, DM and DT were thinking that if the kids can't cut it, Moss can be a fill in until we trade for someone, and if the kids make the team, send Moss to the farm after he clears waivers.

Yeah, except you'd be paying Moss 800k to make the Pirates ******.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yeah, I need to stay off of FFH while they circle jerk and rationalize that this was a good signing. Otherwise I'm going to get banned, haha.

I was curious. I should have known better.

Quote:
Moss improves the team defensively. And I disagree wholly with your assessment of his play last year. Moss drove the play into the other team’s zone and prevented good scoring opportunities at our end. He’s the most defensively reliable forward that they have, to be honest—smart player and will be a good mentor to those younger players that are going to see the NHL roster this year at some point.

Don't bother going there.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah, except you'd be paying Moss 800k to make the Pirates ******.

His salary would be in line with others and he would provide experience and leadership that has been lacking on the farm.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Just some stuff I found on twitter.

Rich Nairn ‏@RichNairn9 · 4h
#Coyotes have signed forward David Moss to a one-year contract. Welcome back @djmoss25!

Luke Lapinski ‏@LukeLapinski · 4h
Nice to have David Moss back with the #Coyotes for another year. Take THAT Switzerland.

Alex Thomas ‏@Alex_Thomas14 · 4h
So David Moss doesn't go to the Swiss league after all, gets a one-year deal from the #Coyotes. Smart move by Arizona

The+Wire+-+Bunk+Moreland+Shaking+Head.gif

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Just some stuff I found on twitter.

Rich Nairn ‏@RichNairn9 · 4h
#Coyotes have signed forward David Moss to a one-year contract. Welcome back @djmoss25!

Luke Lapinski ‏@LukeLapinski · 4h
Nice to have David Moss back with the #Coyotes for another year. Take THAT Switzerland.

Alex Thomas ‏@Alex_Thomas14 · 4h
So David Moss doesn't go to the Swiss league after all, gets a one-year deal from the #Coyotes. Smart move by Arizona

The+Wire+-+Bunk+Moreland+Shaking+Head.gif

I feel like we're all Walter from Big Lebowski. "Has the whole world gone crazy?!? Am I the only one who gives a **** about the rules?!? MARK IT ZERO!"

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I only read the first 3 replies, if there is any positive response to this news, just please, quit being a Coyotes fan. This guy is terrible. Not even worth a full bag of pucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad