Injury Report: Morgan Rielly out 8 weeks with a fractured foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Him being able to actually play before starting a playoff series would be a hell of a lot better then just dropping him into a series against Boston or Tampa after 2 and a half months out.
With Johnsson now out and Ceci likely not playing again for us, Dubas doesn't need Rielly's money to make upgrades at the deadline.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Auston Matthews exposes Morgan Rielly's relationship with Tessa Virtue.....

Whaaaat???

Did anyone know our boy Rielly is dating Canadian figure skater Tessa Virtue?

Damn!
That’s why he seems tired on the ice, he has been too busy off the ice with a new GF, lol.

Good for Reilly to be dating an Olympic Champ.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Auston Matthews exposes Morgan Rielly's relationship with Tessa Virtue.....

Whaaaat???

Did anyone know our boy Rielly is dating Canadian figure skater Tessa Virtue?

Damn!
I don't think it was very hidden. Didn't she dump him in public? That's when I heard about it.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
These high profile relationships quite often bring down a player's game. Pk Subban immediately comes to mind.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I would like to know what the earlier injury was. Vague references to something keeping him out of practices in October. Below reference per Luke Fox on Sportsnet.

“I mean, you can put a spin on it. I’ve been doing that,” Rielly said. “You try to take opportunity to rest and heal other injuries, do what you can to prepare mentally to get back and be in a good place and help the team. That’s the end goal.”

My theory is its something like a gunnion injury. A blown nut normally requires surgery but with lesser nad trauma its often just time and rest. Plumbing issues are seldom talked about. I only bring this up because a defined physical limitation would explain his unimpressive early season and give us hope that the guy who returns resembles the Rielly of last season. They never even gave us the standard "lower body injury" .

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I really don't think this injury will hinder us much.
Rielly is a below average-to-average defender in his own zone. We are ranked the #1 team offensively in the NHL ......

Do we need Rielly? He doesn't kill penalties, really the only use for him is his passing and zone entries. A lot of the time his poor decision making leads to 2 on 1s against us.
Maybe try opening your eyes when you watch him play. He kills penalties and he is not below average as a defender.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I would like to know what the earlier injury was. Vague references to something keeping him out of practices in October. Below reference per Luke Fox on Sportsnet.

“I mean, you can put a spin on it. I’ve been doing that,” Rielly said. “You try to take opportunity to rest and heal other injuries, do what you can to prepare mentally to get back and be in a good place and help the team. That’s the end goal.”

My theory is its something like a gunnion injury. A blown nut normally requires surgery but with lesser nad trauma its often just time and rest. Plumbing issues are seldom talked about. I only bring this up because a defined physical limitation would explain his unimpressive early season and give us hope that the guy who returns resembles the Rielly of last season. They never even gave us the standard "lower body injury" .
Learn something everyday on HF.lol
I hope the nads and gunnions are in good working order when he gets back. Would explain a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad