Injury Report: Morgan Rielly out 8 weeks with a fractured foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Rielly will be back before the playoffs. Spoke with him yesterday afternoon. He is feeling better then the medical crew though he would at this time.

he will be rested going into the playoffs and this bodes well for us as both of our top D man will be ready to go for a long run.
Morgan is a warrior and a leader.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
There are very, very few complete defensemen. Morgan isn't one of them. But, he's a darned good one. Just once in his career as a Leaf I'd like to see what he's capable of when paired for a season with a quality RD. We've only seen that during the fall tourney a few years back when he was paired with Tanev (before injury) and subsequently, Parayko. 23 at the time, he looked great to me and I'd think only better now that he's gained experience. A Rielly / ? pairing going forward would solve so much of what ails this team.

He's a keeper!

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He had a rough year before getting injured, but during his injury I've realized that even a Rielly having a rough year is better than anyone we have other than Muzzin (and when Rielly's playing his A game, he's by far the best dman we have).

Excited for his return.
he actually looked as good as ever to start the year, until his mystery problem popped up that caused him to miss practices. Hopefully whatever that was is cleared up now too

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
he actually looked as good as ever to start the year, until his mystery problem popped up that caused him to miss practices. Hopefully whatever that was is cleared up now too
Yea this is key. He was clearly playing hurt before his fractured foot. I would assume upper body because he went from scoring 20 to having a muffin of a shot, but lets hope that healed up as well.

Hugh Jass

Dec 23, 2019
This is huge. I don't think people realize how valuable Rielly is to the team.
I think it will take a few games for him to get back, but thank god hes close. As important a player/skater as we have, I wanted him to have the C.

He was a beast in the playoffs last year, all season actually. He must have had some undisclosed injuries this year and hopefully he regains his form.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
He had a rough year before getting injured, but during his injury I've realized that even a Rielly having a rough year is better than anyone we have other than Muzzin (and when Rielly's playing his A game, he's by far the best dman we have).

Excited for his return.
Rielly was playing hurt before his injury and quite frankly, you could see he wasn't the same player. So, I'd imagine this injury was good in the long haul to help him recovery from whatever was bothering him all season . Having him back sooner than later, is a big boost to the Leafs playoff chances

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I think it will take a few games for him to get back, but thank god hes close. As important a player/skater as we have, I wanted him to have the C.

He was a beast in the playoffs last year, all season actually. He must have had some undisclosed injuries this year and hopefully he regains his form.

Same. Only guy here more then 3 full years. I thought it would have been shrewd as well in the sense he is grossly underpaid, so it could have been a bit of a "thank you" in a non-monetary way that maybe would even help us on the next contract. Perhaps not but would have at least been a gesture. Sometimes little things go a long ways.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yea this is key. He was clearly playing hurt before his fractured foot. I would assume upper body because he went from scoring 20 to having a muffin of a shot, but lets hope that healed up as well.
The core affects ur shot ... strained hammies affects ur shot and skating too ... can't wait to head down to Scotia tonight

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Eeeyeah baby. This helps. Probably going to have his jump back because he was anguishing through games beforebthe injury. All healed up completely could be deadly once he gets his timing back and stuff

Reactions: Duffman955

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
I certainly hope so. To say Barrie has been a disappointment in every facet would be an understatement.
The Maple Leafs are 7th in PP and Barrie(6 points) in the 23 games Rielly has missed, only has 1 fewer point than Rielly(7 points) has this entire season on the power play. Now, I'm not saying Barrie is better or should be on the PP1 over Rielly, but having them both may not be a bad idea. Barrie does have 15 points in his last 23 games , I don't think that should be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad