Injury Report: Morgan Rielly out 8 weeks with a fractured foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
This is awesome news that he may be back next week. This Toronto team has been riddled with injuries all season!

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
It seems like some folks have a bit of amnesia in regards to Morgan Rielly. He was having a brutal year and was on the level of Marincin defensively. I would not resign him once his contract is up.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
It seems like some folks have a bit of amnesia in regards to Morgan Rielly. He was having a brutal year and was on the level of Marincin defensively. I would not resign him once his contract is up.

Recency bias is strong here. He was nursing an undisclosed ailment before his latest injury forced him out of the lineup. I say we hold onto him. In fact let's never sell low on anyone if we can help it.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I'm glad he's going to have a month to warm up again, and he he won't be coming in cold into the playoffs.

Hope he's back to last year's form.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Pretty sure you are the one with amnesia, not sure why you choose to ignore that he's been playing injured when he and the team have confirmed it and he looks visibly off.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

If we have amnesia you have dementia!!!

If you can't put recent play that has been attributed to health aside, then you have forgotten the player Reilly has been for this team prior to this year. Reilly has been a horse for this team year in and year out. He definitely has been troubled this season with another injury that he should be praised for playing through. Even at 50-75% he is better then Marincin 365 days a year and 366 when it is a leap year like this year!!!!

Give your head a shake. Reilly is irreplaceable on this Leafs team.

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
A spell of bad play (partly because of injury) shouldn’t overrule everything else we’ve seen from Reilly.

Ridiculous to say we shouldn’t resign him because of that.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007

Others maybe haven't heard all the information that he was playing injured for a large portion of the season before his broken foot.

That being said as good as Reilly is he will only be PP2 and not on the PK for the most part. His value has gone down this year.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
he was absolutely not Marincin level and he actually said to the media that the injury had been nagging him all season. Not sure why you would ignore the 6 seasons worth of performance data before this one and only concentrate on the half season that might be explained away by injury, or why you'd decide now whether to re-sign him when you have another full year to evaluate him post-injury.

also, Morgan Rielly will be re-signed, take that to the bank

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think he'll be better than Sandin, so that's an improvement.

Anything that improves the defense, should improve the team.

Same with Ceci, losing your number one PKer isn't easy to replace.

Whether he re-signs is up to Rielly.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Recency bias is strong here. He was nursing an undisclosed ailment before his latest injury forced him out of the lineup. I say we hold onto him. In fact let's never sell low on anyone if we can help it.
Rumour was it was his hammies/core muscular ...

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Except for Johnsson. Looks like we'll be selling low on him.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Except for Johnsson. Looks like we'll be selling low on him.
I hope we don't sell low. Here's a guy who can score 20 goals/40 points in the league. That is worth something. We should be able to get a 2nd rounder and a prospect OR a depth defender for him. Personally a depth vet right hand defender on a good contract would be nice. But I suspect because we want to resign Mik and Dermy that we will take a beatdown because of CAP again. This is another one of those issues that come up when you are so close to the CAP. Teams know we are in a rough spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille