Moose Season Discussion

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Once Maurice gets canned(yes, it’s happening this year), they could always bring him back as a HC.

tbh tho, if I was PV and saw the rope this guy was given despite such poor results, I’d say f*** it too.
What is it about Vincent's record that convinces you he'd be a good NHL coach?

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

where did I say he would be a good or bad coach? I’m simply stating that if the org values him enough, they could attempt to re-hire him to fill Maurice’s spot when he finally gets fired.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
where did I say he would be a good or bad coach? I’m simply stating that if the org values him enough, they could attempt to re-hire him to fill Maurice’s spot when he finally gets fired.
Maybe they don't see him as a future NHL head coach, in the event they fire Maurice.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
In fact, he would be a better candidate for future Jets' coach if he gets some experience in another NHL organization.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

When the Blue Jackets began searching for a head coach after parting ways with John Tortorella after the season, Vincent was one of the names that quickly surfaced as a possible candidate for the job that Larsen eventually filled. He was never interviewed for the job.

FYI that was later corrected. He did interview for Columbus HC.

Once Maurice gets canned(yes, it’s happening this year), they could always bring him back as a HC.

tbh tho, if I was PV and saw the rope this guy was given despite such poor results, I’d say f*** it too.

I hope Maurice gets canned but the only way that is still happening is if they're waiting for Lane Lambert or Luke Richardson. Vincent wasn't their guy, or they would have made the move already.

Reactions: GumbyCan2

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Maybe they don't see him as a future NHL head coach, in the event they fire Maurice.
I think Chevy/ Jets misfired on this guy's coaching ability ( PV's) and have committed to/ stuck-it-out too long with Maurice. Obviously CBJ "new direction think-tank controllers" saw/see potential and respect for Pascal Vincent's coaching acumen.
Jets / TNSE heirarchy "public politically confusing mumbo-jumbo" narrative will speam highly of PV and then give ramblevon about hse was not the right fit for future considerations with the big club.
My take is:
Good luck Pascal! All the best and thank you for your efforts and hard work with many of Jefs young core players and hopefully very near future +'ve players coming. Wish you were given an opportunity to continue to grow with the young stars about to try to make the Jets roster, and improve overall team standing. In other words. You deserved a shot to lead the Jets now, IMO. Farewell Pascal

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
The last quite a few years, a HC's record with his AHL team is not so prevalent as is his ability to communicate with, direct, lead and grow young players into all-around better players at their specific skill-set, future role, purpose with the big club.
Pascal Vincent has earned lots of respect around the AhL and, obviously now the NHL for these very points.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island

Good interview. Looking forward to seeing how he and Larson deal with Columbus' situation.

I think it's clear PV doesn't believe that Maurice in going anywhere any time soon, and he has a clear goal of being an NHL head coach. This new position will definitely help him get more visibility and it sounded like PV was looking forward to being exposed to new coaches' approaches and learning (the assumption I heard was that he's pretty much learned what he can in his current job and is ready for the next level).

I wish him all the best, except vs the Jets! I've always noticed that the players coming up from the Moose have played well and were well-prepared.

One key thing he mentioned was that players want the truth, and want to have clear expectations set for them, and then they can surprise you with how they can exceed those expectations when given the chance. I feel like he's succeeded in that, more than our more 'political' head coach, fwiw.

Any news of who is replacing PV?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Good interview. Looking forward to seeing how he and Larson deal with Columbus' situation.

I think it's clear PV doesn't believe that Maurice in going anywhere any time soon, and he has a clear goal of being an NHL head coach. This new position will definitely help him get more visibility and it sounded like PV was looking forward to being exposed to new coaches' approaches and learning (the assumption I heard was that he's pretty much learned what he can in his current job and is ready for the next level).

I wish him all the best, except vs the Jets! I've always noticed that the players coming up from the Moose have played well and were well-prepared.

One key thing he mentioned was that players want the truth, and want to have clear expectations set for them, and then they can surprise you with how they can exceed those expectations when given the chance. I feel like he's succeeded in that, more than our more 'political' head coach, fwiw.

Any news of who is replacing PV?

Yep to all the bolded. Great coach and those who know who speak very highly of him as a person also. Learned more from his player analysis than we had any right to, and he has been a very valuable asset for the org, IMO.

The guys at IllegalCurve have thrown a few names out there as possibilities but I expect that they'll have some in mind already, knowing that TC is not far away.

Reactions: FonRiesen

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I'm still hoping we get Randy Carlyle in the organization, because of loyalty. Lots of promising young defensemen to develop and now is the time.

Randy Carlyle as our developmental coach for the Moose sounds almost comical to me. He was miserable prior, couldn't imagine his personality improving much with a bunch of 20 year olds asking questions every other minute.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Randy Carlyle as our developmental coach for the Moose sounds almost comical to me. He was miserable prior, couldn't imagine his personality improving much with a bunch of 20 year olds asking questions every other minute.

Fair enough, he is a pretty miserable old guy, I guess we should go for Dallas Eakins, he's upbeat.

Reactions: MrBoJangelz71

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Fair enough, he is a pretty miserable old guy, I guess we should go for Dallas Eakins, he's upbeat.
Actually that makes alot of sense to me. I think Eakins got an unfair shake with what was a completely dysfunctional organization in the Oilers. From many accounts, he is a really good coach with young players.

Reactions: voyageur

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Great to see Perfetti win Rookie of the Year. Along with his developing at the WC and a gold medal adds to a season that Cole could be top 3LW next season with 2PP opportunities for the Jets.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Oh crap. I guess I’ve been living under a rock. I hadn’t heard this. I would have really liked to see him take over from Maurice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad