Moose Season Discussion

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Drew McIntyre returning to TNSE is my main example of Chipman never letting go of connections. I remember McIntyre being so terrible for the Moose.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Drew McIntyre returning to TNSE is my main example of Chipman never letting go of connections. I remember McIntyre being so terrible for the Moose.

Maybe not quite so terrible - except for that last PO game where he played just 31 minutes and still got the W.
2006–07 Manitoba Moose AHL 412412222908332.17.922 11466332111.99.928
2007–08 Manitoba Moose AHL 4625182273610622.32.921 11031203.93.800
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

DudeWhereIsMakar

Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Maybe not quite so terrible - except for that last PO game where he played just 31 minutes and still got the W.
2006–07 Manitoba Moose AHL 412412222908332.17.922 11466332111.99.928
2007–08 Manitoba Moose AHL 4625182273610622.32.921 11031203.93.800
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

He put up good numbers, but before Cory Schneider stole the start from him he had some of the worst goaltending I've ever seen.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He put up good numbers, but before Cory Schneider stole the start from him he had some of the worst goaltending I've ever seen.

Well I never saw him, but somehow he managed to be effective.

As for TNSE/Chipman's loyalty to old contacts, I suspect you could find these sorts of connections on every org in the league. The NHL is not all that large an old boys club. Look at all the other connections McIntyre had. You could draw that kind of conclusion with him landing almost anywhere.

Reactions: hn777

DudeWhereIsMakar

Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Well I never saw him, but somehow he managed to be effective.

As for TNSE/Chipman's loyalty to old contacts, I suspect you could find these sorts of connections on every org in the league. The NHL is not all that large an old boys club. Look at all the other connections McIntyre had. You could draw that kind of conclusion with him landing almost anywhere.

The Heisinger one is a huge example which bothers me because it got all his kids jobs on the Winnipeg Ice and barely worked to get those jobs.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The Heisinger one is a huge example which bothers me because it got all his kids jobs on the Winnipeg Ice and barely worked to get those jobs.

A little nepotism goes a long way. :laugh: TNSE/Birchwood/Chipman don't have any monopoly on it.

Nothing wrong with Heisinger. He seems to do what he is tasked with.

I don't know why people resent the fact that he was an equipment manager.

Reactions: kellhunter

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg

What? McIntyre was an excellent goalie and was used as a 3rd stringer for most of his career. Happy to have him aboard. He was one of my favourite Moose players back in the day along with Mike Keane, Grabner and Rypien.

Reactions: kellhunter

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com

Topics included:

1) How did the opportunity come about? (@ 0:05)
2) What does it mean to step into the role of his former goalie coach? (@ 2:00)
3) His fondest memories from his two season in Winnipeg? (@ 3:05)
4) Being in a coaching tandem with Wade Flaherty (after being goalie tandem with MB 1.0) (@ 4:50)
5) How will his many years of pro experience help him develop young goalies? (@ 6:18)
6) What is important for young goalies to learn early in their careers? (@ 7:54)
7) Is it important to have a consistent organizational goaltending philosophy? (@ 9:00)
8) What will it be like to work with someone like Mihail Berdin? (@ 10:36)
9) Having patience with goaltending development (@ 11:59)

Reactions: JetsUK

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Oh please, put them together to form the JKL Line. :nod:

:D

Only if they can sign the the HYD trio for the counterpart line...

Details of the new signings here:

Manitoba Moose sign three players for the 2021-22 season | Illegal Curve Hockey

The list consists of Bobby Lynch, Peter Krieger and Isaac Johnson who all have agreed to one-year deals.

Lynch (centre, right-shot) played his first full season with the Moose last year in his second year as a pro. The Michigan product had four goals and four assists in 27 games.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

The list consists of Bobby Lynch, Peter Krieger and Isaac Johnson who all have agreed to one-year deals.

Lynch (centre, right-shot) played his first full season with the Moose last year in his second year as a pro. The Michigan product had four goals and four assists in 27 games.

Honestly, I was just thinking of the alphabetic sequence, but since you pointed it out... if they don't play well, the crowd would certainly heckle them. :laugh:

Reactions: JetsUK

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

4 goals is a pretty sad total for Lynch. Must have averaged a couple breakaways a game. Hopefully finds more of a finishing touch this season.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
perfetti will be there all year long. That’s a good boost

If there is an OHL the Jets are caught between a rock and a hard place, because either they send him back to the OHL, or keep him on the Jets. I don't think the transfer agreement has been altered in spite of talk of giving exemptions. That's a big one, because the Jets might just want to keep him around the team, to grow, for as long as possible, say the World Juniors.

That might send someone like Gustafsson down as a reverberation.

Moose are going to be relying on a lot of college kids this year. I noticed that 4 players L. Johnson, Poganski, Nick Jones and Hayden Shaw are from the UND program, and there might be a bit of a college atmosphere among the team, with a European flavour, and five 22 and under defensemen to develop this season.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
If there is an OHL the Jets are caught between a rock and a hard place, because either they send him back to the OHL, or keep him on the Jets. I don't think the transfer agreement has been altered in spite of talk of giving exemptions. That's a big one, because the Jets might just want to keep him around the team, to grow, for as long as possible, say the World Juniors.

That might send someone like Gustafsson down as a reverberation.

Moose are going to be relying on a lot of college kids this year. I noticed that 4 players L. Johnson, Poganski, Nick Jones and Hayden Shaw are from the UND program, and there might be a bit of a college atmosphere among the team, with a European flavour, and five 22 and under defensemen to develop this season.
I feel like it has been confirmed that OHL players that had played a minimum of x amount of games in the AHL will be allowed to play. Perfetti is one of about 10 players that meet the criteria. I could very well be wrong though if somebody could find confirmation either way.

EDIT: Dreger said not too long ago that they were just putting finishing touches on it and the minimum limit was 20 games, so it does indeed look like Perfetti will be playing AHL this season.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I feel like it has been confirmed that OHL players that had played a minimum of x amount of games in the AHL will be allowed to play. Perfetti is one of about 10 players that meet the criteria. I could very well be wrong though if somebody could find confirmation either way.

EDIT: Dreger said not too long ago that they were just putting finishing touches on it and the minimum limit was 20 games, so it does indeed look like Perfetti will be playing AHL this season.

With COVID damaging so many players development, it’s kind of interesting how it may have advanced Perfetti’s. I don’t think he makes the Jets this year, so in normal times he would be forced to play in the OHL. Not really much to be gained for him to score >2 ppg in a league he’s already been able to dominate as a 17 yr old. Can’t think of a much better place for him than the AHL plus a big role at the world juniors.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Apparently Moose sign 4 players to deals.
The Manitoba Moose have signed forward Evan Polei to a two-year American Hockey League contract, as well as goaltender Philippe Desrosiersand defensemen Tristan Pomerleau and Dean Stewart to one-year AHL contracts.
https://theahl.com/moose-sign-four-to-ahl-deals
Moose sign four to AHL deals

Hmmmmm - Evan Polei, 6'2 270 lbs, doesn't score much. Takes roughly 5 PIM for every point scored. I wonder what his role could be?

A goalie? Holm not coming over? More Dmen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad