Moose Season Discussion

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
In the last thread posters were mentioning how much better Perfetti is looking vs the beginning of the season. I'm 100% sure he's improved individually, but how much of his early struggles were playing on the 3rd/4th lines with below AHL-replacement players?

In any case, good to see the Moose actually winning games this year!

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
In the last thread posters were mentioning how much better Perfetti is looking vs the beginning of the season. I'm 100% sure he's improved individually, but how much of his early struggles were playing on the 3rd/4th lines with below AHL-replacement players?

In any case, good to see the Moose actually winning games this year!

Well the Moose have been decimated by injuries and call ups lately so he hasn't actually had much more help other then Dano from early this year.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Well the Moose have been decimated by injuries and call ups lately so he hasn't actually had much more help other then Dano from early this year.
I thought it was more the D. Wasn't he playing with guys like Lynch at the beginning of the year vs McKenzie & Dano?

In any case, I think it's far better for his development to be playing with his current wingmen - I was getting worried for a while with his deployment.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Moose were down to 5 dmen this past weekend due to I juries. They had to play with a converted forward.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Scheifele needs to watch some tape on Perfetti on the half wall on the Moose. He is constantly in motion, constantly changing the passing lanes available to him and breaking the box down.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Seems like Perfetti has another two points again tonight. Haven't watched the third period will watch after the Jets game.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Nice to see him get some goals. Hasn't seemed like he has much confidence in his shot lately.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Really hope he doesn’t have to go back to the OHL next year , won’t help his development at this point.

That will be up to him. There is definitely room in the top 6 for a smart and skilled playmaker. He juat needs to really get to work this summer and work on his skating. He comes to camp in great shape and quicker and he will figure things out as the year goes on.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well Perfetti continues to light the lamp, two world class goals using his deception, patience, and accuracy. The kid is only getting started imo. He wasn't as good at 5 on 5 as he was in the last two as he seemed to be having some issues with his nz play but he continues to contribute even if he isn't as sharp as he usually is. Perfetti has the same stat line as the number 2 overall pick Byfield so he is keeping pace with the top center of his draft class so far.

Kovacevik with another very tidy effort. Good positioning, solid outlook passes, and some heads up play in the offensive end. I have always liked his game much more then Poolman's as he just plays a simple and steady game that is easy to read off of but is effective. I think he is our third pair RD next year and he and Stanley play well together.

Gawanke wasn't too noticeable tonight both ways so I don't have much to say on him.

Chisholm had a much better night. He wasn't running around nearly as much and was pretty disciplined in positioning and he was steady with the puck. He was moving the puck much better on the PP today.

Suess with a good night, he was hustling all over and playing smart with the puck. Scored a nice rebound goal.

Mckenzie trys hard but the play just dies a lot with him which is unfortunate as he has always been one of my pet prospects. He has a nose for the net, hard forechecker and a good shot but its just not translating to the pro game.

Rechiel was pretty invisible and is now on the fourth line, too bad as he showed some nice stuff last year, maybe he picks it back up when Gus comes back.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad