Moose Season Discussion

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'd suspect if Maurice is let go in the future we give Lowry the job or go out of the organization and get a completely new modern approach aka young up n comer. Vincent was fine but he's a disciple of Maurice.

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
At least two dates known for the upcoming 2021-22 season.
215914792_10159393390323114_1699592015290759372_n.jpg

537ec50e-f191-4c4a-8564-5775f00b18f0

PxxZc-ZKCruiH54Ctt0nCAdCn-9F0GEfLX2q8mYigEr-K-KcoDvRHWT8zhcrPwIkaOznZ90RvWcamp4OGGmJAwKho_rYX8gYBxfXpEI8H-9yQV_ViA44nF6g4B6oIYAW074Eq2UHn8uTAlJPJMJlMQgso8E_pFyBI7oWhlM4xVkwRO4qRgZyssrp7Kp4hSckrLRyxQ0QIisBoLzPAAXJzwJ4WMUflom0vT6GzLrXxVVvsxXqXDRTnn0uaHckwZwM=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:
Reactions: Guardian17

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Wonder if we see a one year deal for a veteran NHL winger as a fall back in case Perfetti isn’t ready and is playing in the AHL next year?

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Wonder if we see a one year deal for a veteran NHL winger as a fall back in case Perfetti isn’t ready and is playing in the AHL next year?
Yep that’s the way I see it. Gonna make Perfetti earn it now I would think. Before they would probably have given him a shot rather then send him to junior. I’m ok with this. Take it slow.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Great news for Perfetti.

This needs to be discussed by all parties to get something better hammered out. The question is: what's the development league for the NHL? Is it the AHL or is it the OHL, WHL, QMJHL , or can it be both. Keeping someone in junior who is obviously too good for junior but isn't allowed to play in the AHL is just silly.

Reactions: Bob E and Gm0ney

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This needs to be discussed by all parties to get something better hammered out. The question is: what's the development league for the NHL? Is it the AHL or is it the OHL, WHL, QMJHL , or can it be both. Keeping someone in junior who is obviously too good for junior but isn't allowed to play in the AHL is just silly.
The idea of the deal is to keep the CHL development pipeline flowing. You steal all the CHL's best players as soon as they're drafted and it would both lower the level of competition in the leagues and make it tougher to sell tickets.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Might be silly from the NHL's perspective but the CHL is also a business - and they have rights to their players.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The idea of the deal is to keep the CHL development pipeline flowing. You steal all the CHL's best players as soon as they're drafted and it would both lower the level of competition in the leagues and make it tougher to sell tickets.

And make it less effective as a development league. How are those 16-17-18 YO players going to improve if they never get to play against better competition?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Might be silly from the NHL's perspective but the CHL is also a business - and they have rights to their players.

That's why I say all the parties need to sit down and work out what's best. IE;. maybe the NHL team is allowed just 1 player in the AHL instead of junior, maybe the NHL team has to send some more money to the CHL team, etc. There has to be a way to have a system that benefits everyone.

What I don't get is how someone who is 19 years old hasn't taken the NHL / AHL / CHL to court and sue them for not allowing a 19 year old to earn a living where they want. I know this whole age thing is a big issue and I don't want it to go further than this... I'm glad it might help Cole develop better as a player.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That's why I say all the parties need to sit down and work out what's best. IE;. maybe the NHL team is allowed just 1 player in the AHL instead of junior, maybe the NHL team has to send some more money to the CHL team, etc. There has to be a way to have a system that benefits everyone.

What I don't get is how someone who is 19 years old hasn't taken the NHL / AHL / CHL to court and sue them for not allowing a 19 year old to earn a living where they want. I know this whole age thing is a big issue and I don't want it to go further than this... I'm glad it might help Cole develop better as a player.

It was fear of that court case that led to the existing agreement between the NHL and the CHL and the lowering of the draft age by 1 year.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It was fear of that court case that led to the existing agreement between the NHL and the CHL and the lowering of the draft age by 1 year.

I wish it was still 19 or 20. In the NBA and the NFL when you are drafted you turn pro. More players are coming out of the draft ready to play…..way less uncertainty. I realize we would be denying a couple of kids each year their shot but if they are that good they can do like Matthews and turn pro in Europe early.

Drafting 18 year olds that may be ready in 2-4 years seems too early by at least 1 year. Either way that ship has sailed now so onward.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wish it was still 19 or 20. In the NBA and the NFL when you are drafted you turn pro. More players are coming out of the draft ready to play…..way less uncertainty. I realize we would be denying a couple of kids each year their shot but if they are that good they can do like Matthews and turn pro in Europe early.

Drafting 18 year olds that may be ready in 2-4 years seems too early by at least 1 year. Either way that ship has sailed now so onward.

Yes, I would happily see draft age moved forward 2 years. The NBA and NFL draft age is tied to projected university graduation age. At one time football players could not enter the NFL until their class graduated if they dropped out. I think that has loosened up a bit but I haven't kept up to date on the rules at all.

There are a lot of legal complications to refusing adults the right to work in the field of their choice, etc, etc. So it probably doesn't change.

Reactions: ps241

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad