Moose Season Discussion

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Gallant is just a dinosaur, nothing to see here. I just have no idea why Cole elected to go if this was going to be his usage.

He has more points then most on that team despite not playing much.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Lots of perfetti talk.

is there Zero chance he has been a defensive liability being so young ? And this is why he isn’t in the line up ?

Or is it 1000 percent gallant and perfetti deserves more ice time ?

Reactions: Cypruss

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Gallant is just a dinosaur, nothing to see here. I just have no idea why Cole elected to go if this was going to be his usage.

Only 6 players on Team Canada with more points, and 4 players with more goals... Only one player with a lower min/game... I guess the only stat that Gallant is looking at is age and NHL games played...

Screenshot_20210605-192526_Drive.jpg

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015

Lots of perfetti talk.

is there Zero chance he has been a defensive liability being so young ? And this is why he isn’t in the line up ?

Or is it 1000 percent gallant and perfetti deserves more ice time ?

Only 6 players on Team Canada with more points, and 4 players with more goals... Only one player with a lower min/game... I guess the only stat that Gallant is looking at is age and NHL games played...

View attachment 443810

Perfetti has been very good defensively, he has only been on the ice for two goals against and one was the Kuemper misadventure behind his own net early in the RR game against the US. He is a "0" for plus minus when, as you can see above, many players are a minus for the tournament.

In the RR he played between 8-12 mins a game and on the PP2. He was running the halfway on the PP and 5 on 5 created offensive opportunities for himself and his teammates. He scored the GWG in the third period of a must win game against Kazakhstan and even was on the ice late in periods and games.

It seems that the staff has decided to roll the 4 lines and not play the 13th forward which until the playoffs was never Cole.
The only plausible explanation for it being him is age, experience and being the only non NHL forward. I have to assume that there were promises made to players when convincing them to come over to Europe after a long year in a pandemic. NHL guys didn't come over to sit on the bench.

Number 22 has played 50% more ice, has zero goals, zero assists and is a minus 4
Number 27 has played 55% more ice, has zero goals, zero assists and is a minus 5
Number 17 has played 50% more ice, has one goal (EN), zero assists and is a minus 1
Number 13 has played 55% more ice, has zero goals, one assist and is a minus 3.

Both the eye test and the stats suggest Cole should be playing ahead of at least one of them but age, experience and promises are keeping him on the bench IMO.

This should be great development for him and will help be more ready to play at the next level after playing and practicing with and against NHLers for the last 3 weeks.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

That dinosaur played a yet to be drafted 18 year old over 27 minutes today. Gallant is pretty far from being an old school dinosaur coach.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't like this at all... How could the Jets not find a role for him on the NHL team???

Reactions: None

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Argh. He has done such a great job for the Moose, and I would have been happy to see him move into Maurice's spot, at least for a try-out, but safety first, I guess.

I'll miss his calm, informed leadership and his detailed analysis of player performance -- and I'm guessing his players and staff will miss him even more.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I don't like this at all... How could the Jets not find a role for him on the NHL team???

More details from IllegalCurve:

Friedman Report: Moose head coach Pascal Vincent joining Brad Larsen’s Columbus Blue Jackets staff | Illegal Curve Hockey

He’s done an excellent job working with Jets prospects at the AHL level with his group of coaches to help get those players to the next level including Jack Roslovic, Kyle Connor, Mason Appleton, Sami Niku, Jansen Harkins, Tucker Poolman, Logan Stanley and plenty more.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I don’t know how I feel about about Pascal Vincent leaving. But he did a wonderful job preparing our prospects for the NHL.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
More details from The Athetic:

I think Pascal is terrific,” Noel said. “Young, innovative, progressive … and he has great core values. It’s an excellent fit in Columbus, and he’ll really be well-liked there. He’s very passionate and personable.

“He’s also a very hard worker. I can’t say enough good things about him. He has a very bright future.”

When the Blue Jackets began searching for a head coach after parting ways with John Tortorella after the season, Vincent was one of the names that quickly surfaced as a possible candidate for the job that Larsen eventually filled. He was never interviewed for the job.

Vincent had been seen as a strong candidate to replace coach Paul Maurice in Winnipeg, but Maurice, after eight seasons with the Jets, appears safe despite winning only one playoff round in the last three seasons.

Based on the bolded, Vincent likely knew that his options were limited with the Jets. I’m kinda bummed out by this — would have loved to see him get his shot, but we like our team, really like where we’re headed, dynasty incoming, etc.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Once Maurice gets canned(yes, it’s happening this year), they could always bring him back as a HC.

tbh tho, if I was PV and saw the rope this guy was given despite such poor results, I’d say f*** it too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad