Moose Season Discussion

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Today was the first time I have watched a Moose game, thought Gus had a great two way game, one thing I noticed about Samberg was he knows what to do with the puck in his own zone, also like Reichel today, as for Berdin I don't see him as a starting goalie in the NHL anytime soon if ever but he can handle the puck. Finally I was hoping to see Kovacevic but apparently he is injured.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Perfetti with another assist and could have had another 2 to 3 is Suess could finish.

Gus and Samberg had real strong nights as well. Dylan has really settled in now and should he ready next year.

Really good highlites package in todays game. Some very nice plays by Perfetti, nice breakaway save by Berdin. Moose are on quite a run at the moment, the hottest team in the AHL on an 11 game point streak going 10-0-0-1 getting 21 of a possible 22 points during that span.

MooseTV - Manitoba Moose

Quite a few highlight reel moments from Nathan Todd. An outstanding play at the 30 second mark. For some reason I thought he was Canucks property on loan to the Moose rather than on an AHL contract. He's risen from being an ECHL also-ran to a quality AHL player this season.
Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 10.19.41 PM.png

Last edited:

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
How much of his use has been at RD? I'd heard they were grooming him there.

Watching tonights highlights he's seen on both sides 5x5 at the left point on the PP. Gets a PP assist tonight.
Though I did see him play some shifts on the Right side, his strength appears to be to the left. I was just pleased to see the progress in his play overall. I had been a tad concerned in his development, but to my eye, it seems to be back on track.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
How much of his use has been at RD? I'd heard they were grooming him there.

Watching tonights highlights he's seen on both sides 5x5 and also at the left point on the PP. Gets a PP assist tonight.
He hasn't played the right side since the first few games of the season when he was playing with Heinola as far as I can remember. I find it strange that he would be the one of the two to play the offside but it fits the Jets' MO.

Reactions: hn777 and JetsUK

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Samberg looks ready and should be in the Jets lineup next year.

Gus also looks ready to be our 4th line C starting next year as a ppg performer in the A. His defence and pk’ing is strong and would easily replace Thompson. Really like our C group of Scheifele, Dubois, Lowry and Gus.

Perfetti looks close too, but no need to rush him. Hard for him to unseat any of the current C, so he might start on the wing.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Perfetti shootout goal:

Gustafsson shootout winner:

No update on Johnny Kovacevic who left with just under four minutes to go in 3rd:

Here is my recap.

Ooh, oh. Looks like his right knee was taken out, as opponent was about to be engaged and wiped out into Johnny K's leg. Ouch. Hope it wasn't a tear to a ligament!

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So weird Jets are on a 10 game losing streak minus a blip and the Moose are on a 10 game winning streak for the most part.

What do you figure should the Moose challenge the Jets to a winner take all game? The victor represents the Organization in the Stanley cup playoffs?

:sarcasm:

glad for Pascal and his staff, he seems like a great development coach.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
The Moose ayers play hungry and they have bought into the game plan. The Jets players don't play hard nor have they bought in. That is the biggest difference.
And maybe a little more fluid puck moving Dmen is helping get plays started and not being stuck in your own zone so much.
Also, the 'farm coach' actually coaches in-game, adjusting certain lines or players minutes, match-ups, etc. And pkayers'respect maybe?
The big-club plays like a bunch of scrambled egg particles over cooking while the "chef" is reading comics?

Reactions: Luc Labelle

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
And maybe a little more fluid puck moving Dmen is helping get plays started and not being stuck in your own zone so much.
Also, the 'farm coach' actually coaches in-game, adjusting certain lines or players minutes, match-ups, etc. And pkayers'respect maybe?
The big-club plays like a bunch of scrambled egg particles over cooking while the "chef" is reading comics?

I would have said that but the Moose have been icing a poor defense lately and it hasn't altered there performance much if any.

Last game they were without Chisholm, Heinola, and Kovacevik and the team still moved the puck effectively our of their end.

It's one of the reasons i dont fully buy the crap defense argument on the Jets. Good adherence to systems and proper puck support can mitigate lack of talent issues.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I would have said that but the Moose have been icing a poor defense lately and it hasn't altered there performance much if any.

Last game they were without Chisholm, Heinola, and Kovacevik and the team still moved the puck effectively our of their end.

It's one of the reasons i dont fully buy the crap defense argument on the Jets. Good adherence to systems and proper puck support can mitigate lack of talent issues.
Ah, thanks for the up-to-reality update. Interesting , hey! Yes, no reasonable excuse(es) for Jets D to not have better results based solely on a weaker lesser talented roster. Coaching, wingers positioning off, players' buy-in. These are all telltale signs to a stale, not working coach, coaching system(s) that dhould have been identified well before the losing streak and addressed before 10 games into!
Stastny points out to huge negatives going back over 25 games ago!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad