Moose Season Discussion

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Ehlers, Scheifele, Connor, etc seem to find plenty of opportunities to use their speed and move the puck around...
We have some impressive scoring talent on this team - and some guys who are great at drawing coverage

But Im not sure I would equate pressure off the rush to a puck moving system...

Chip and chase rewards speed I guess... in its own way.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm imagining how well he'll play with NHL talent. He creates so many chances for linemates, and reads off other players really well.

He's going to be lethal with Scheifele. A one shot tight shooter that can find space is going to capitalize on so many of his passes. He played really well with Ves when Ves was down as well.

As mentioned in a few years I would like to see this:

Ves Perfetti Scheifele
Conner Dubois Ehlers

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
He's going to be lethal with Scheifele. A one shot tight shooter that can find space is going to capitalize on so many of his passes. He played really well with Ves when Ves was down as well.

Ves Perfetti Scheifele
Conner Dubois Ehlers
Season ends in a week they play the same system. Perfetti, Gustafson both should be playing in the playoffs for the Jets. No one expects them to win the Stanley Cup let’s get them experience for the future. No playoffs in the AHL.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Ves Perfetti Scheifele
Conner Dubois Ehlers
Poor Ehlers will never get first line minutes ha

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Poor Ehlers will never get first line minutes ha

It's a la and 1b situation, I'm trying to spread out the play drivers and complementary players.

Play driver: Perfetti and Ehelers
Secondary play driver: Dubois and Scheifele
Complementary scorer: Conner and Ves.

Give them each equal 5 on 5 minutes.

Reactions: boydkc

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015

Ves Perfetti Scheifele
Conner Dubois Ehlers
Copp Lowry Wheeler
Harkins Gustafson Appleton

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
I haven't seen much of the Moose this year until lately but I've really liked the game of Kovacevic and Samberg on D

Definite NHL potential for both IMO

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Moose ayers play hungry and they have bought into the game plan. The Jets players don't play hard nor have they bought in. That is the biggest difference.
The biggest difference is that the Moose are playing exhibition games vs bad AHL teams.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
The biggest difference is that the Moose are playing exhibition games vs bad AHL teams.

Not sure that’s a fair assessment, really. They play much more as a 5-man unit and are noticeably more structured in attack and defence than the Jets have been, and they’ve been playing that way for most of the season.

I have no doubt they’d be losing more games against the better teams in other divisions but would they suddenly, automatically play as a different and worse version of themselves? I don’t see why they would.

The Jets have also played mediocre to weak teams all season, and have been playing exhibition games since they all-but-clinched their PO spot, and have looked pretty awful doing it. I don’t really see an equivalence here in terms of performance.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not sure that’s a fair assessment, really. They play much more as a 5-man unit and are noticeably more structured in attack and defence than the Jets have been, and they’ve been playing that way for most of the season.

I have no doubt they’d be losing more games against the better teams in other divisions but would they suddenly, automatically play as a different and worse version of themselves? I don’t see why they would.

The Jets have also played mediocre to weak teams all season, and have been playing exhibition games since they all-but-clinched their PO spot, and have looked pretty awful doing it. I don’t really see an equivalence here in terms of performance.

Agreed, I'm not focusing on the results with the Mosse I am focusing on the process.
As you mentioned the Moose play very well as a 5 man unit and really support each other all over the ice. The ayers really know their roles and play them well.

If you have a good process with good buy in you will have success and look good on the ice. Sure the team may lose more against better teams but they would give those teams a lot of issues.

The Jets on the other hand have a boat load of talent but a terrible process imo. They win on goaltending and superior goaltending but they don't play very well as a 5 man unit, they don't support each other that well on the ice so is it any wonder that once the goaltending went away and they go through a dry spell finishing wise they fall apart and look like a steaming pile of crap on the ice? If the process is bad when something happens things fall apart. If they had a good process with strong buy in and adherence to systems and playing like a team they would better be able to weather adversity.

We need the Jets to get back to playing like a team and not a collection of skilled individuals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad