Affiliates IX: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Have I mentioned previously I'd be in favor of calling up Tony Brown from the minors to replace Rimer? Because, y'know, totally.
Is he the radio voice of the Monsters? Obviously you will never get consensus and I have only listened to him a handful of times but I don't particularly care for him.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Adam? Macklin?

I couldn’t name a kid Luca. I would think about this all the time.

While your comment still stands, I believe it's technically Adamo Giuliano.

On a different topic specifically back to the Monsters: how do the playoffs work. Monsters are obviously waiting for the play-in series to be completed. But do the Monsters know which specific series winner they are waiting on or does the AHL re-seed the teams after the play-in series are completed?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
While your comment still stands, I believe it's technically Adamo Giuliano.

On a different topic specifically back to the Monsters: how do the playoffs work. Monsters are obviously waiting for the play-in series to be completed. But do the Monsters know which specific series winner they are waiting on or does the AHL re-seed the teams after the play-in series are completed?
They are waiting for the winner of the Toronto/Bellville series. Syracuse/Rochester starts tonight.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Thanks. You have a preference on who we play?
Not really. We were better against Toronto in the regular season, but everything is out the window come playoffs. Just would like to see good games. Would be nice to get to another final, but unless Hershey gets knocked off, they are the team that most likely comes from our conference.

Reactions: Doggy

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters tied 2-2 after 1st. Angle and Gaudet with goals. Blankenburg out tonight. Not sure if he is hurt, but he played ok the other night and was running the 1st PP unit, so I am assuming he may be dinged. AHL says absolutely nothing on injuries during the postseason, so no idea if he is hurt.

Monsters begin the second on the PP for a little over a minute.

Edit: Monsters up 3-2 after 2. Dunne with the goal in the second.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monk and stevo61

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It really sucks that the monsters started on the road
Pretty sure the high seed chooses how they want to play it. Either start at home and play 2-2-1, or start on the road and play 2 on the road and 3 at home.

They did the same thing in 2016 and ended up winning both on the road.

Vogelhuber probably chose this way based on that. You steal one on the road, and you get 3 in a row at home to try to win it. Not sure if the next round works the same as it is a 5 game series also.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Pretty sure the high seed chooses how they want to play it. Either start at home and play 2-2-1, or start on the road and play 2 on the road and 3 at home.

They did the same thing in 2016 and ended up winning both on the road.

Vogelhuber probably chose this way based on that. You steal one on the road, and you get 3 in a row at home to try to win it. Not sure if the next round works the same as it is a 5 game series also.

The distance was long enough that AHL rules dictated 2-3 to lessen travel.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The distance was long enough that AHL rules dictated 2-3 to lessen travel.
I had it kind of wrong. The format is 2-3 no matter what, but the higher seed chooses whether it wants the first 2 at home and then 3 on the road, or the other way, starting on the road. I would rather start on the road in that situation. If you want to win it all you have to win on the road anyway, so why not, plus you give yourself the extra home game.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Why has Malatesta not played in the first two games? Is he hurt or a HS?
I'm guessing hurt. They do not disclose anything on injuries during the playoffs.

During one of the game intermissions Tony Brown asked Vogelhuber if there was any progress with Meyer and Gaunce, and all Trent said was "nope", and that was that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad