Rumor: "Montreal is checking to see what’s out there [for defense]"

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If Montreal could acquire a prospect that could replace Markov in the next 2-3 years, it would be excellent. Beaulieu is probably the guy for it, however just in case he cant replace the productivity of Markov, it would be nice.

If a prospect like Dumba or Lindholm is out there and available, I would not mind giving up Tinordi and a 1st/2nd.

Lindholm is probably untoucheable, young and cheap.

Dumba would be fair 1 for 1 for Tinordi but what does that accomplish when you already have Markov Subban and Beaulieu...Tinordi has more value to the Habs than Dumba based on needs.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Gorges doesn't have many miles left playing that style anyway. Tinordi can take his spot pretty soon. He actually has the best possession numbers of all our Dmen if you believe this:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/a...overall-player-rankings-silver-scores-2014-15

Those charts are interesting, in that :

- They show Tinordi has been doing really great in tough (albeit limited) minutes, and should be playing every game.
- That Emelin is awful so far.
- That Subban is underwhelming.
- That Pacioretty is producing but otherwise non-convincing.
- That Eller looking bad is mostly a thing of 2 or 3 games, with a few WTF shifts, because he's otherwise good.
- That Sekac is roughly Tinordi, but on wing.
- That Travis Moen and Brandon Prust should be skipping games here and there. Mostly Moen.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
If Montreal could acquire a prospect that could replace Markov in the next 2-3 years, it would be excellent. Beaulieu is probably the guy for it, however just in case he cant replace the productivity of Markov, it would be nice.

If a prospect like Dumba or Lindholm is out there and available, I would not mind giving up Tinordi and a 1st/2nd.

I've always been a proponent of picking up Adam Larsson from the Devils.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I agree about Dumba. If people think Eller lacks hockey IQ they would probably actually go insane watching Dumba play.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I would definitely do that deal.

Yakupov-Galchenyuk-Scherbak

:yo:

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gilbert
Tinordi-Petry
Weaver

would be a pretty sick defense as well

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Its a very high risk - hight reward type of move.

You risk losing Beaulieu and him developing into an awesome player but you can get Yakupov where the sky is the limit for him. And Petry is decent as well.

I'm really not sure why they would want Eller?...
He's only good in the PlayOffs.:sarcasm:

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
Its a very high risk - hight reward type of move.

You risk losing Beaulieu and him developing into an awesome player but you can get Yakupov where the sky is the limit for him. And Petry is decent as well.

This team cant score and we got zero offensive prospects.landing yak would be massive no matter what the cost is.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
I don't see Yakupov growing in the situation he would probably be put in.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I actually dont know much about Oilers D is Petry any good? Although Beaulieu's potential is good and he could become a solid top 4.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I don't like Yakupov that much, but that's very hard to refuse.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I don't see Yakupov growing in the situation he would probably be put in.

This is though.. He and Galch would be together for 10+ years with the Habs. Outlasting Therrien by a long time.

He would be perfect on a line with Pleks and Galch and in the Future just with Galch.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I wouldn't touch Dumba with a 100 foot pole. Good hockey IQ is something that he sorely lacks and it isn't something that can be easily gained. I remember watching him at the WJC and thought to myself how did he make the Wild's NHL roster.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I am perfectly comfortable with moving Brolieu. This trade would rely on us having an extension signed with Petry and him actually being able to play in the NHL on a non-bottom feeder team. We'd still need to get rid of Desharnais for a real second/third line center.

This is though.. He and Galch would be together for 10+ years with the Habs. Outlasting Therrien by a long time.

He would be perfect on a line with Pleks and Galch and in the Future just with Galch.

If Eller is in the trade Galchenyuk won't be playing wing. We don't have center depth.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I am perfectly comfortable with moving Brolieu. This trade would rely on us having an extension signed with Petry and him actually being able to play in the NHL on a non-bottom feeder team. We'd still need to get rid of Desharnais for a real second/third line center.
If Eller is in the trade Galchenyuk won't be playing wing. We don't have center depth.

Good point.

Forgot about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad