Rumor: "Montreal is checking to see what’s out there [for defense]"

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Lol, you have no idea what you are talking about, he is not a bust
The only likely bust in this trade is Eller

Eller? He's an established veteran NHL regular, with more responsibility for his team's success than not.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Eller? He's an established veteran NHL regular, with more responsibility for his team's success than not.
Im just saying that Yakupov is far from being the bust in this trade, if theres a bust its not Yakupov

Eller 25yrs old and 13th overall pick, the guy was picked in the Pacioretty and Subban draft and way before them, I was expecting more from him

I said in another thread (cant find it) to me Yakupov to Montreal would be a dream come true, he would be dynamite with galchenyuk. Yakupov was living with the galchenyuks in sarnia and they are big friends and with russian vets like Markov and Emelin he would be well surrounded and Im sure he would thrive in Montreal

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We're getting trolled by a Yakupov fan, too good.

We're going to enjoy Eller while we have him. Don't care about overpaying for Yakupov. Since he probably can't be had for a reasonable market price, we don't need to worry about him on a Habs forum.

Please Yakupov fan, quit trolling us. Try the Oilers board. They may be more receptive.

Thanks for playing.

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
Im just saying that Yakupov is far from being the bust in this trade, if theres a bust its not Yakupov

Eller 25yrs old and 13th overall pick, the guy was picked in the Pacioretty and Subban draft and way before them, I was expecting more from him

I said in another thread (cant find it) to me Yakupov to Montreal would be a dream come true, he would be dynamite with galchenyuk. Yakupov was living with the galchenyuks in sarnia and they are big friends and with russian vets like Markov and Emelin he would be well surrounded and Im sure he would thrive in Montreal

What makes you so sure? He's done absolutely nothing in the NHL. Just because he was good in Junior doesn't mean that'll translate to the pros.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
I'm not sure I'd want to give up Beaulieu in this trade (see McDonagh) and Chucky/Pleky/Eller/Malhotra is a lot better tahn DD/Chucky/Pleky/Malhotra.

If we can somehow package off DD for a winger, it would be ideal.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
I'm not sure I'd want to give up Beaulieu in this trade (see McDonagh) and Chucky/Pleky/Eller/Malhotra is a lot better tahn DD/Chucky/Pleky/Malhotra.

If we can somehow package off DD for a winger, it would be ideal.

Easily, Jacob De Larose will replace Eller in a year. I could live without Eller.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

That's downright comical. If anything Eller's inability to contribute to a solid 3rd line is part of why the Habs have had a few rough patches...but I guess one good game and all is forgotten when you're 6'2" and the "golden boy".

:laugh:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
My feeling about Lars Eller is that many hockey fans will have to eat their words at some point in the very near future, when he's an integral part of the Habs 25th Stanley Cup Championship Team!

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
Lars Eller has been drafted in 2007.

you guys need to stop getting your hopes up.

What you see now is what you'll get. He's a good 3rd line centerman with a strong offensive upside.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Lars Eller has been drafted in 2007.

you guys need to stop getting your hopes up.

What you see now is what you'll get. He's a good 3rd line centerman with a strong offensive upside.

Kinda agree with you here. I see a career year being 20g/20a but solid 2way. The one knock on Eller IMO, is that he's just not confident and gets rattle easy between the ears.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The reason people get their hopes up over Eller is becaseu for the most part he's been used terribly in relation to offensive opportunities. Whenever he's had good wingers he's really thrived and put up good numbers but it never lasts for long (the good wingers).

For me personally, I'm fine with him being a good shut down 3rd line centre that can step it up in the playoffs offensively. Winning teams need this type of player, and most of them have it. As for trading him, the initial sting would be felt I believe, but I also believe DLR will be better defensively and has a much higher hockey IQ so he could replace him. I think he could do that right now, it's just up to management whether they think so, or how they would go about it.

It's a good situation to be in relaly if you think about it. They have good depth for all roles at the centre ice position.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
I see the reason behind the Gorges departure. What I don't get is Tom Gilbert as a replacement.

He moves the puck better than Gorges did. He anticipates the play better. He has a better shot. Gorges was a good team guy, but lets not forget how many times he'd get trapped in our own zone or negate an offensive opportunity. Gorges was being payed and played as a top 4... he should and would have been bottom pair this year... too much money for that.

As for the OP ... Every team is looking for depth D with experience. We're no different, but we're luckier than most because we have another 7-9 NHL level D. We may want them to be better. I'd like to see Beaulieu get a chance on Markov RD. He's fast enough to handle it.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
DLR does not have Ellers offensive ability.. and then you're asking a 20 year old to learn to take tough defensive match-ups during our contention years. DLR will come in and contribute on Ellers wing in a season or two, he can learn that way, but as of right now.. our evolution takes place when we are Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Eller down the middle.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Easily, Jacob De Larose will replace Eller in a year. I could live without Eller.

DLR can start by producing in the AHL. At 20 years old Eller scored 18 goals and 57 points in his rookie season in the ahl. He led his team in points.

DLR has 2 points in 12 games. I think you need to tame your expectations on the speed (operative word) of DLR's development.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
My feeling about Lars Eller is that many hockey fans will have to eat their words at some point in the very near future, when he's an integral part of the Habs 25th Stanley Cup Championship Team!
Eller's line is pretty much the reason we won last night...great to see, I think he should get more TOI but hey, MT is the coach...so..........

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
That's downright comical. If anything Eller's inability to contribute to a solid 3rd line is part of why the Habs have had a few rough patches...but I guess one good game and all is forgotten when you're 6'2" and the "golden boy".

So you're saying Eller has only had one good game this season? If so your dislike for Eller runs deep. :nod:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...Larry is an integral part of this team and if his lot in the Habs' future is to continue to be one of the best 3rd line centres in the League, so be it...:yo:

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

He has more ES points than Desharnais while having tougher zonestarts, tougher opposition and lesser teammates.

Let that sink in.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
User Actions
Follow

Kevin KurzVerified account
‏@KKurzCSN
Montreal GM Marc Bergevin here tonight, for what that’s worth. Saw him chatting with Doug Wilson earlier in the press box #SJSharks

Thoughts?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
User Actions
Follow

Kevin KurzVerified account
‏@KKurzCSN
Montreal GM Marc Bergevin here tonight, for what that’s worth. Saw him chatting with Doug Wilson earlier in the press box #SJSharks

Thoughts?

Asking Wilson for advice on a good restaurant to go and have dinner. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->